Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?

Re: Week 2 (June 8 - 14) Check-In 10/13

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 14th - 5 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out.. secretly wishing for a little girl.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an orange seed

Upcoming appointments: October 22nd

How are you feeling?: I feel great. Still a bit in shock honestly.

Rants/Raves: Work related... I have to sit through an 8 hour condensed training when I've already taken the 5 DAY course 🙄. I added a prenatal to my grocery order and that was really exciting for some reason. Lol

Questions: prenatal recommendations?

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Air conditioning! Still really hot here in SW Florida.
  • Options
    mamakate2011mamakate2011 member
    edited October 2020
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 weeks/ June 8

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+, I have three wild little boys!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out ASAP! While I do think it would be cool to have a little girl, part of me isn’t sure I’d know what to do with one! I’m happy with either, but very impatient - so need to know soooooon. Think I’ll do the sneak peak test even though I’ll be having NIPT testing...I can find out a couple weeks earlier with sneak peek. This is my last baby so I’m going to treat myself. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a jellybean according to WTE (I chose to compare baby’s size to 80s favorites or something like that, lol!

Upcoming appointments: Oct 26 for first u/s and appointment

How are you feeling?: pretty good! I wake up starving and feel hungry a lot of the time, tired at night, sore boobs at night and morning only, moody AF

Rants/Raves: Usually time flies by for me with the chaos of my house and raising 3 little ones, but time is moving slow now as I wait for the first appointment. Oh, and today is my middle sons FIFTH birthday! It doesn’t feel like he is 5 years old! Time slow down!

Questions: nada

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Hmm, this is a good one, let me think...I guess I’d have to say my iPhone. It’s like my lifeline!
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @firsttimer2020 Congratulations and welcome to week 2! You might be the first person in week 2 who is not due on the 11th (kidding). That training sounds like a waster of your time! is it in person?

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days
    : 6/11, 5w4d
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (third)
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a brand new no.2 pencil eraser
    Upcoming appointments: November 17. Seems so far away now! I got my blood/maternal serum testing requisition, so I will go in for that week of November 9. 
    How are you feeling?: Irritable, bloated and nauseous (just spent a hot minute reading an article about nauseous vs. nauseated on Merriam-Webster because I am that ~*cOoL*~).
    Rants/Raves: It's our 8th wedding anniversary today! MH made a reservation at one of our favourite restaurants and I am so excited about getting out. 
    Questions: NATM  
    GTKY: This was a tough one. I'm going to say our indoor garage. I hate shovelling snow and cleaning off the car; it is such a time consuming activity! Andplusalso, I have a bad shoulder that pretty much falls out of the socket when I simply look at a shovel. Andplusalsoalso, getting the kids into the car in the rain/cold/snow is much easier inside the garage. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: June 12, 5+4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM! 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Definitely finding out. I'm a cake decorator and everyone is calling dibs on different parts of the gender reveal cake 😜 I didn't even say if I wanted one or not lol!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    The m on m&ms lol!

Upcoming appointments:
    I'm still getting my blood drawn every other day and I have a weekly telehealh with the high risk OB/ my regular OB.
    Don't know the exact date but scheduling an ultrasound in week 7 🤞

How are you feeling?:
    I woke up less nauseous today which of course is making me freak out.
    Overall I'm just so happy to be pregnant

Rants/Raves:
    My husband is out of town for work and I miss him like crazy. Plus I am solo duty for our 4 year old and for the dog who is so crazy lol

Questions:
    Anyone else get cramps in their butt? Lol!

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? 
    Sparkling water! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamakate2011 ok, you posted while I was typing my response and you are also not due on the 11th. But I swear, there are like 6 or 7 of us with the 11th as a due date! Also, totally feel you on the moody AF. Happy birthday to your middle kiddo! 
  • Options
    @firsttimer2020 I take the Nature Made from Costco. It isn't the highest quality, but it is the best value. 
    @mamakate2011 Love me some 80s vibes. I think I did that theme the last time around, I was so excited when it compared my baby to a gameboy lol. Happy birthday to your middle one! 
    @pickle-chips I am so sad that I can't find a gif for the quote from the movie All I Want for Christmas when Tony corrects her in the theater when she says she is nauseous. Happy Anniversary! 
    @ruemcclanahan What kind of dog do you have? We have a Bernese. She is such a cuddle bug. I had a few days last week when my morning sickness disappeared, I freaked out, but then it came back even stronger. So try to not worry and enjoy the day of reprieve. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5+3 (6/12)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out! We will do NIPT

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lavender Bud

Upcoming appointments:Tomorrow! US with the RE. It is still early, but hoping to see heartbeat. 

How are you feeling?: Insomnia is still going strong and mild nausea. 

Rants/Raves: I was awake from 1-6 am and then overslept and missed a meeting with the bank this morning. Ooops...Can't really explain to my boss why that happened. 

Questions: Any pregnancy stuff on Prime Days that you are buying today/tomorrow? 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Our swimming pool. With Covid quarantine for months, it was our distraction and entertainment for this summer. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/11, 5w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM- 3rd pregnancy 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out for sure. We will know after the NIPT is done.  I really want a little girl soooooo badly!! FX 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Black peppercorn

Upcoming appointments: Oct 15th for a checkup on my cervix to see how it's healing from the surgery and a first U/S on Nov 9th. I've had 3 beta tests done now first was 664 then 2142 and now im still waiting on results later today for the 3rd one. FX its good. 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good so far just tired alot and been struggling on and off with insomnia. Have some headaches, dizziness and peeing alot. 

Rants/Raves: Ugh, I just went to the dentist today, it sucks sooo bad. I fu#*ing hate the dentist lol It was especially bad today because I have very hightened sensitive teeth from the pregnancy and every little thing today was bothering me and I was squirming like crazy. I almost had a melt down in the chair but held it together 😆

Questions: Nothing right now. 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Hmmm, this is a tough question.. Ummm, I'd have to say makeup lol I dont think I could live without it and need at least a little bit on my face every day. Oh and my iPad. I'd be lost without it too LOL 

@picklechips Yay! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! 🍰🥂🍾 Enjoy the heck out of that dinner with DH. Where you guys going? and yes there is about 6-7 of us with a June 11th due date. Its the most popular lol I hate shoveling snow too. Its the worst along with cleaning off a car. 

@ramzlau GL with your U/S tomorrow. FX you will get to see a HB. Yay! I was looking at some pregnancy stuff on Amazon and might buy a couple things but not sure yet. Would be nice for prime day. Im scared to buy anything because of my previous losses. Are you buying anything? PS.. so jealous you have a pool. Thats my dream lol 

@firsttimer2020 I'm secretly wishing for a girl too lol I hope we both get one 🥰 For prenatal vitamins i recommend PregVit ones. I take the PregVit Folic 5 ones and they are great but you need a prescription for them though. 

@mamakate2011 Is the sneek peek test accurate?? I thought about doing that as well but wasn't sure if it was trustable with personal info and DNA etc. Hmm it is on sale today so 🤔 lol Just maybe cause I'm impatient on a good day haha 

@ruemcclanahan You should def do the gender reveal cake lol 😛 Sorry your hubby is out if town for work :( OK, I dont have cramps in my butt but man this just made me laugh 😆🤣 I also love sparkling water. Me and DH drink it so much here.
  • Options
    @ramzlau He is a mix! His mom is a pure bred golden retriever and his dad is a black lab border collie mix.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mamakate2011mamakate2011 member
    edited October 2020
    @mindyb2019 I heard it’s 99.1% accurate! I figure it’s worth a shot. I’ll need to be careful when I do the test since my house is full of male DNA - 4 of them including my husband 🤣 although I totally expect another boy anyway, ha! Funny you mention the sale, I saw that last night and went ahead and bought one. They have a 30 day return policy so if our first sono goes poorly, I’ll return it. 😬😩

also, I went to the dentist a couple weeks ago, like TWO DAYS after I found out I was pregnant. They wanted to do an X-ray so I had to tell them I was pregnant. I was embarrassed I was so early so I said I was like 5.5 weeks...which I wasn’t. They wouldn’t shut up about it and then announced it to the dr and ughhh, I was so annoyed. On top of squirming the whole time for ALL the same reasons you mentioned. Lol. I usually love getting my teeth cleaned, but every since my hygienist that did my teeth for the last 12 years left the office, I’ve hated it!! 
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6/14, 5w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM (1st pregnancy!)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: NOT finding out! Husband is still wanting to know but he’s slowly gotten on board. I really would be happy with either. Would love a girl but I always longed for a big brother (I’m an only child and so is hubs) so a boy first would be great too!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Dot snail!

Upcoming appointments: 10/29 (7w3d) for first exam, blood work, and u/s!

How are you feeling?: increased appetite, fatigue (would always love a nap) but also insomnia (I fall asleep fine but will eventually wake up early), heightened sense of smell but likely not so much nausea yet. I do think the nausea is coming because I’ve noticed when I’m getting hungry I’ll get a little nausea/gagging feeling in my throat? Idk if that makes sense lol. Also mild backache? It was worse last week and one of the reasons I thought I might be pregnant, but I think it was worse due to my posture and awful chair at work. Now that I’m working on my posture, it’s more just mild stiffness?

Rants/Raves: Rant about work right now cause I’m working 12 hour days 6 days/week right now and it’s a lot. I feel like I can’t get anything else done. My house is a mess. And on my one day off I just want to sleep 😭

Questions: what are you ladies doing to stay sane and keep the anxiety in check? My anxiety has gotten a little better since I stopped testing when I got my dye stealer, but this wait to get to the doctor is awful! Mine doesn’t do betas or anything so I just get to wait until my scan to see if everything is okay. 

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Our home gym with the Peloton. I haven’t gotten to work out in a while due to my work schedule and always being tired right now, but in a few weeks it should be better. 
  • Options
    @mamakate2011 ya I was reading about it and why aren’t you allowed to have male DNA around while doing the test? Does it alter the results for some reason? I don’t get it lol I’ve heard they have a 30 day refund but I’ve read some really bad news about it and that some lady still is trying to get a refund 6 months later and no one is answering her emails and that people have done the test and it was wrong on their gender. Makes me Leary to buy one and also that I have to stab my own finger to bleed 😆 eeee.. not keen on that part. I hate getting my teeth cleaned pregnant or not Lol. it’s even worse now that I’m pregnant and my dental hygienist is sooo rough. I hate it. 
  • Options
    @ruemcclanahan He is adorable! 

@kpkyler Peloton! Nice! As far as anxiety, I don’t know that I do it well, but staying busy helps and planning for the future. MH knows planning is a source of calm for me, so when I was freaking out last week, he started asking me about names, nursery design, etc. It is weirdly effective. 
  • Options
    @ramzlau I do try to plan and think about baby like it’s sticky coming in June! I walk this line of wanting to plan and be excited but also not getting ahead of myself. I wanna get something on Amazon prime day but also feel like it’s so early 🙈
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I believe it’s because if the male DNA contaminates the blood sample, it could give you a false “boy” reading if you’re really having a girl. That’s the only way it detects boy or girl. If you have male DNA in your blood you’re having a boy, if you don’t, then you’re having a girl! So say some male dna is on your finger when you prick it, that could mess up the sample! So crazy, right?? Ugh, hopefully I don’t have to mess with returning the kit the. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 My ultrasound goes okay! 

Lol! I’m sorry your have a rough hygienist, that sucks! If it’s any consolation, I think I’m the only person I know that actually enjoys a good teeth cleaning 🤣
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021