April 2021 Moms

MPM w/o 10/12

Let’s hear it! MPs or cravings...go!

GTKY: halloween costume plans for you/your kiddos?

Re: MPM w/o 10/12

• Let’s hear it! MPs or cravings...go!
    Uhmm...I could really go for mac & cheese sometime this week. Baked in a casserole dish, homemade style. We are going to a dinner tomorrow & Friday we are going to a perogy dinner. No plans for my own cooking yet this week 🤣. 

GTKY: halloween costume plans for you/your kiddos?
    My toddler is a dragon. I’m hoping to be the paper bag princess & get my husband a dollar store crown to be Ronald.
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• @kelseyyh yessssss that’s awesome!!!!!

Our MP:
    mon: honey salmon over salad
    tues: meatloaf w/ sweet potatoes & gbs
    weds: sesame chicken bowls over rice w/ broccoli
    thurs: taco salad
    fri: frozen cauliflower crust pizza from costco

Randomly I’ve been snacking on green olives during the day.

GTKY: totally undecided, thanks to covid. The hubs is veto’ing any trick-or-treating what-so-ever (even if it’s distanced) so I’m not sure what we’ll be doing BUT I have a few costume ideas. DD1 will either be Merida (from Brave) and then I’d like to try to get the two littles to be bears, Elsa (little bro Olaf & little sister Sven - but we don’t actually own those 2 costumes so more complicated), or just a generic princess (same as last year). Little brother has a firetruck costume. Little sister might be a unicorn. At the very least I plan to take cute pictures on the front steps!! Our kids are still pretty small (plus we don’t really let them eat much sugar) so missing trick-or-treating isn’t really a huge deal, I’m more just feeling some FOMO!
  • Loading the player...
  • My cravings are all over the place. This week I want salad. DH did the grocery order this evening to be picked up tomorrow at 2:00 and I was sad that I wouldn’t have salad for lunch. 😂 I’ve also been wanting mac and cheese @kelseyyh! I also had him add a random assortment of frozen dinners for me. I can’t pinpoint my cravings (beyond salad), I just know that I’m tired of eating the same things all the time. I could go for some yummy chicken. 

This is the problem when DH asks me what I’d like to eat, I list 12 things, none of which we actually have at home 😅

GTKY: The big one decided she wants to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid. We don’t typically buy costumes, but considering how everything will be stripped away from them this year I figured we could go for it. The little one switches between Cinderella/Elsa/Anna. My kids are so excited because my brother and SIL mentioned having us over for a Halloween party, and then we got a legit printed invitation from them and it dawned on me that they probably invited people other than us. I checked, and sure enough, there’s 4 or 5 other families invited, all of which have multiple children 😭 I know it would be a blast, and it is outside, but I just don’t think I feel comfortable being in a group like that right now, which SIL understands. I haven’t officially told them we’re not going, but I think we’ll have to sit that one out. The girls are going to be devastated. I’m hoping we can do something super fun together so that they’re not too sad. 
  • Still no meal plan. 

I have been craving salads lately, but not healthy ones. I have also been all into avocado toast topped with an egg, with turkey bacon on the side and have been eating that almost daily for lunch. 

(My masterpiece from this weekend 😂)

I got the kids’ Halloween costumes awhile ago - I typically pick whatever looks warmest that you can layer a lot of clothes underneath because it’s inevitably freezing here every year by that time. 

@kelseyyh pierogis are amazing!  There’s a market near our house with little restaurants from places all around the world and I love going to the Polish one for those!  
    @bblair24 That’s a bummer about the party. 
  • Meal plan for the week:
    M- Spinach and grilled chicken salad
    T- Tacos
    W-Teriyaki Salmon and rice
    T- Pork Chops and sweet potatoes
    F- Burgers and air fryer french fries 

Most recent craving: Oreo pudding... chocolate pudding with cool whip and crushed oreos mixed in! 

DD is 2, and we won't be doing trick or treating or going to any parties because of covid... is it bad not to get her a costume? I kind of figure she is still young so she won't even know. 
  • We got our Freshly meals on Saturday, so my meal planning is "go to the fridge and pick what you want" and I'm loving it. We're really enjoying the meals so far, and its also letting DS continue to try new foods and flavors while I don't have a kitchen to cook in. He's a very curious and experimental eater, so I love getting to encourage that (while it lasts).

DS is a going to be a Werewolf this year and he is so excited about it (pic in spoiler)  :D I'm all about the spooky over cutesy costumes while I get to pick for him-- he was a spider last year and watching him crawl in the costume with the legs all flopping about was to die for.

He was cheesing so hard and trying to growl lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mamabee1113 that is the cutest ware-wolf ever!!!

@cagncoo12 not at all! They definitely won’t remember!
  • omg @cagncoo12 I was craving the same this week! I wanted "dirt cups" - chocolate pudding with oreo crumbles and gummy worms lol. Pregnancy sure makes me want to eat like a 5 year old sometimes.

I'm still not doing well at all with meal planning because I'm so all over the place and want one thing one minute, then it sounds nauseating the next minute. So really just playing it by ear all the time. 

I thought being a handmaid from handmaid's tale was a hilarious pregnant halloween costume and DH was outraged haha. He was like NO WAY, that's like telling people I raped you!! I was like ummmm it's just a costume. I feel bad for everything kiddos are missing out on this year so I figured the least I could do was be the house that hands out the full size chocolate bars haha.