February 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 10/12

Re: Weekly randoms 10/12

• Options
    Wtf to Adobe Pro 😂 I had to look for something in a document and couldn't find it, reported that to a co-worker and attached the document. He must have also looked and found it on page 12. I went back... I can't see any page 12 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    There’s currently a lightning deal on Zutano booties. Does anyone know if they run big/small?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @moguipy I would say they run "true to size" but that will also depend on if your baby is "true to size" so..... Not helpful I know

Love those booties though!!!!!
  • Options
    STM's: Are any of the expensive swaddles worth it?? The ones like ollie and the new freshly picked swaddles. I just can't figure out why they're so expensive when they're essentially the same as a jersey swaddle with some velcro...?
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    edited October 2020
    @tamalahoops the ones that stayed wrapped best for us were the stretchy thin jersey ones, like Copper Pearl. The gauze (like Aden and Anais and Little Unicorn) ones didn’t work that well for us, though they are cute. Tula makes swaddles, and those have been DS’s favorites as nap blankets now, since they’re a bit larger and heavier than most swaddle blankets. So I kept my Copper Pearl swaddles and my Tula swaddles, and donated the rest.

ETA: the swaddle-like wraps (the ones with velcro) are really great. But it’s a lot of trial and error to find what works for your escape artist. We swaddled with blankets for the first few weeks, then moved to SwaddleMe and Halo wraps until DS could roll, and then we moved to Halo sleepsacks. Some of my friends loved the Swaddle Up wraps, but DS hated those. Don’t buy more than one of a certain kind until you know that it works for your baby.
  • Options
    Is anyone else a bachelor/bachelorette fan??! I'm SO excited for Clare's season to start tonight, I have been waiting for this for MONTHS! Plus, my husband is out of town, which I usually don't like, but it means I get the TV all to myself without his commentary  :)
  • Options
    @tamalahoops I actually ordered one of each of those companies you mentioned as a STM! My son always got out of the muslin Aden & Anais blankets we used as swaddles in the beginning, so I wanted to try those two companies specifically for the open bottoms and the less noisy velcro closures/ extra piece inside to keep arms in. All the Halo ones we used when he was a newborn were SO LOUD when opening, so I wanted to try something less obtrusive. He ended up liking his arms up, so eventually we went with the Love to Dream swaddle which was awesome. But it is trial and error, so wait for a sale on whatever you want to try!

• Options
    I think I’m going to try an Ollie swaddle as a third time mom! 
  • Options
    I believe the halo velcro swaddles worked best for us and DD1 HATED anything narrow in the legs which unfortunately took us a few days of crying to realize. DD2 was pretty good at getting her arms out but seemed to prefer it so we let her do it 🤷🏻‍♀️ I agree to not stock up on any one type until you know what works. Wearable blankets are fantastic once done swaddling
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 I'm a casual fan but I think I've seen Claire before, which season is she from? Might get into this season since there's nothing else going on 🤣
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 I am a Bachelor/Bachelorette fan and will be watching it tonight! Thankfully my fiance likes watching it too
    I need a replacement for sipping on white wine while I watch it like I did pre-pregnancy 🤔 
  • Options
    @jumpy57 she was on Juan Pablo's season, the worst  :disappointed:

@babyturtle22 My H likes bachelor in paradise, but can't get into the real thing. I also hear that on the wine, really going to miss my red wine tonight.
  • Options
    @szwill86 I think I'm going to get the freshly picked one. I have a $30 credit so it wouldn't be too much wasted if she doesn't like it! 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Options
    @birdiejo It does seem like a small group! I was surprised there were so many names on the spread since it seems only a handful are participating! 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Options
    @jumpy57 my DS and most of my family have big feet. In the hospital when they did DS’s footprints after he was born, his feet didn’t fit in the box outline.  I bought the 3 month size and will just hope they work. We didn’t use them for DS bc he was a summer baby

We used the swaddle me Velcro wraps but stopped swaddling around 2 months. He was able to get out of the blanket swaddles (or we were just really bad at swaddling lol)
  • Options
    One of my co-worker gifted me a bunch of baby goodies, include a Ktan carrier. Sounds like several of them are going through their baby stashes, so yay?  Snagged a few boppy's on clearance at Marshall's for $18 ea.

I ordered a gown to do a (costumed) pregnancy photoshoot over the winter. The photographer I want is a bit cashy, but DH & I were only planning on one kiddo for ourselves, so might as well go all out and include my pregnancy in my biggest hobby. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    This is one of the deals on Prime Day. I used it for my Spectra pump and it was really good. There's a side compartment for the pump, and I could leave the pump in the bag and plug it in, and pump with it still in the compartment. There's also an insulated pocket for a cooler pack. Recommend!

• Options
    kkfishy9 said:
    @jumpy57 she was on Juan Pablo's season, the worst  :disappointed:

@babyturtle22 My H likes bachelor in paradise, but can't get into the real thing. I also hear that on the wine, really going to miss my red wine tonight.
    Didn't see that season, I watched winter games though!!! Bachelor is paradise is mildly entertaining, I thought bachelor pad where they compete for money was better
  • Options
    My super random from today... I saw some coworkers during a park hangout today so I decided to wear my pregnant skeleton shirt as an announcement. Even with my boss, who knows, saying "nice costume" it took the other two like 10 minutes to say something 😂 one admitted "you know I thought you looked different and you might be pregnant but gyms are closed and I didn't want to assume anything" Then my obnoxious coworker touched my belly 🤬 and continued to try after I said "DON'T TOUCH ME I DON'T LIKE IT" she then showed us her bare belly because she's gained weight. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I'm so glad we are all working remote so I don't have to deal on a daily basis
  • Options
    @jumpy57

Your coworkers!!
  • Options
    @jumpy57 do you work with the female version of Dwight Schrute?! That girl seems CLUELESS. Good lord. :lol: Yes, it's a very lucky thing that you're working remotely. It always shocks me when someone just assumes they can touch someone else. Wow.
  • Options
    🤣 she means well. She's very outgoing and people oriented and considers coworkers close friends. Oversharing personal information at work is pretty much her norm. I really don't even let my actual friends touch my belly because it's weird, but if they asked nicely first I would consider it. 
  • Options
    Is anyone a tea drinker? I just remembered I had some cocoa mint tea and it's soooooo good now that the weather is getting cooler (and less caffeine than coffee 😂)
  • Options
    @jumpy57 sounds good! I’m always down for something minty. What brand is it? I just had some Swiss Miss peppermint hot chocolate and it tasted like Christmas in a cup. 
  • Options
    @jumpy57 Two of my close friends are, so I've been adopted into the tea club by association, lol. I enjoy it year round, but especially in the winter. Which one is it?
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    Both of these are really good...

• Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited October 2020
    The Graco Slimfits are a Prime Day deal and I'm having a struggle not ordering 2, lol.

Edit: Oops, my hand slipped.  :D
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    @WildMagelet one for each car?
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited October 2020
    @jumpy57 - Yup! One for me, one for the hubs. The sale price for both was still less than the price of one of the other Graco we were looking at (the 4ever).  No complaints on savings here.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    @WildMagelet yay! We have one and I've really liked it. I got a chicco myfit for the 4 year old 🎉
  • Options
    I have a lot of catch up on this week. Work has been insane and I haven’t had time to jump on.

@tamalahoops we loved the Velcro swaddles first my son! Our favorite was actually a free Halo one that the hospital gave us. I agree with @hannahbananas11 though. Don’t buy a ton because baby might hate being swaddled. My niece and nephew hated it!

@birdiejo yes we definitely have a small group!

@jumpy57 omg I would freak out! I hate when people touch my belly uninvited. Thank goodness for working remote.

@WildMagelet I have the slim fit and love it!!

DS hasn’t been napping at daycare lately. He is 2 and definitely needs a nap. He has been coming home as the biggest grouch!! We are going to try waking him up earlier in the morning and see if that helps him. When he is home he naps no problem, but daycare is another story.
  • Options
    @babymamadimo ouch, that’s rough. Hopefully he’s back to napping soon. And hopefully you don’t have to adjust to getting up too much earlier. Every peaceful moment in the morning before DS wakes up is so precious to me. 😆
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 yessss I look forward to that time in the morning! On the weekends I like to sleep in until ds wakes up so this is going to change my schedule too :( he did take an hour long nap there yesterday 🙌🏼
  • Options
    @tamalahoops we have two ollies and i loved them! I loved that i didn’t have to buy bigger and once he could roll i just did it under his arms around his torso so it was more like a wearable blanket. My LO loved to be swaddled. The only other thing i got was as he got even bigger i bought a burts bees wearable blanket with zipper 

@kkfishy9 i always watch but i really don’t like Clare! Never have, never will. Will still watch as my guilty pleasure but i can never watch live cuz a we don’t have cable and b I’m old and go to bed early haha 

@hannahbananas11  Aw man!! Bummed i missed that bag deal- that’s the bag i wanted last time but couldn’t justify the money! Boo!

I’m mostly back now haha life is slowing down a little (as much as it can with things going on in every direction!) hopefully will be back to commenting more!

my ds (19 mos) has been falling asleep at lunch at daycare. He naps like 2 hours there and we put him to bed around 730 and wake at 645 am. The last week or so I’ve been putting him down at like 7-715 but he still seems so tired. Just growing??
    I work 7 a - 6 p so there isn’t much earlier i can put him down, we eat right after work 
  • Options
    I ended up getting the new Freshly Picked swaddle! I joined their fringe membership when I first got my bfp so with the discount and store credits it ended up only being $9.20! 
    Married May 2014
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    BFP 4.21.17

Our adoption journey:

• Options
    @tamalahoops That's a great deal! I just looked them up and they have some super cute colors!