Baby Names
Options

Middle Name Same as My Cat's? Too Weird???

We have a name chosen for a girl, Ember Aurora. For a boy the first name would definitely be Orion. I love for a middle name to be Jasper, so it would be Orion Jasper. Only thing is that Jasper is my cat's name, having named him with one of my fave boy's names and not expecting another baby. Would it be too weird? Should I even care if it's weird? I haven't presented the idea to Baby's dad yet. :#

Re: Middle Name Same as My Cat's? Too Weird???

• Options
    I think it’s pretty weird. Pets are part of the family to me. It would feel like you are naming him after the cat. But as a middle name most people will never realize or care so if your heart is set on it go for it.
  • Options
    I’d see how Dad feels about it before you fall in love. It may be a non starter for him.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a bit weird to me, would definitely get dad's input before getting too attached to the idea. 
  • Options
    Change the cat’s name 😂
  • Options
    My sister wanted to use her cats name for her baby (got the cat 6 months prior) so she just changed the cats name. I still side eye it, but think that’s totally acceptable. 
  • Options
    I don't think it would be too weird and don't think you should care that much. If it's bothering the father however;
    maybe try these names:
    Gasper
    Kasper
    Casper
    Yasir
    Yasser
    Jagger
    Jason
    Jakson
    Jackson
    Juniper