March 2021 Moms

Sounding off...

I'm sick of people looking at my unfinished (!!!!!) registries and telling me I need to add this that and the other thing. First of all, I never sent you the link and secondly I'M NOT DONE. 

I am already done with baby shower drama. My sister was planning a surprise baby shower that I didn't know about. I was mentioning to my friend that I'm missing a lot being pregnant in a pandemic and working from home and she reached out to my sister on FB to see if she wanted to co-host a baby shower for me. My sister told her she was planning one and wanted my friend's help getting a list of friends together. My friend got mad that my sister beat her to the planning and TOLD ME ABOUT THE SURPRISE PARTY. I let my sister know so she wouldn't share any more details and my friend is no longer invited. I did get to give her addresses for friends but the surprise is gone. 

Re: Sounding off...

• That’s so crappy of your friend!! It’s totally normal to expect that family would try to plan something for you. It’s one thing for your friend to try to be involved but to get upset that your SISTER is planning a surprise event and then ruin it for you is so selfish! 
  • edited September 2020
    The upside to it no longer being a surprise is, now you get to give some input here and there. My mom is planning mine and I'm grateful that she always asks what I think about xyz... her ideas are great anyway but it's nice to know we are on the same page. I'm sorry about your friend drama though... you definitely don't need petty crap right now. This is supposed to be a happy time and people shouldn't be trying to stress you out.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • Loading the player...
  •  Okay, id be pissed. Even if she was upset about it, why would she tell you !?!?
  • For the registry, I'm just keeping mine private until later. That way they can't give their input lol. I'm sorry it's already been so drama filled, but hopefully going forward, it'll end up being a fun event!
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @bcashaw She told me that I should know because of the pandemic and being high risk...even though she was planning to do the same...damned...thing. "My only concern is a healthy momma, daddy, and nugget" (direct quote from the text exchange). Fortunately she's in Florida, I'm in New Hampshire. 
  • @juliebeannn I didn't even make it public knowledge that I'd made a list. Ironically, both of these women have the same first name, spelled differently. 
  • @kloe818 its soo interesting. Are they not anticipating everything will be shut down by the time the shower date appears? 
  • @bcashaw I'm not sure. I'm not in the loop. If we have to keep it under 10, we will. Right now, as far as I know, guest list is under 20 and at this moment we only restrict "keep it under 50% capacity for large gatherings". 
  • @kloe818 I'm so sorry that people can be like that. I feel like events are such a hot button issue right now, and we're in kind of a weird spot being in New England and a Januaryish outdoor event is generally not the best idea. Also, make that registry private!!! No one needs to have the chance to weigh in on your choices! This is why I am keeping our name choices private for example. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 Ah yes, my local bumpie... I'm ignoring the registry thing for now because it's not my hill to die on. The baby shower thing is likely the final straw in that particular friendship (which has been strained for some time and I'm reminded why I "lost touch" with her years ago). We are keeping our name choices a secret from most people because we saw how people on hubby's side treated his cousin's name choices and we don't want to have to deal with the same issues. Granted, our names are a little more traditional but still. We're telling people we're going with Magnus or Agnes...just to throw them off and for our own amusement. The facial expressions are priceless. 
  • @kloe818 Agreed, the registry thing is worth letting go, and sometimes people have a way of reminding us why we lost touch. :( 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• yes, definitely let the registry comments slide. This is the beginning of everyone giving you lots of unsolicited advice, which will occasionally be good but often eye-roll worthy lol.  I just say "ok, thank you!" and then do whatever I want anyway  :D

sorry your friend had to be such a drama queen! Some people have a way of making everything about them
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker