Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by?

Re: Weekly Check-In *** Week of 9/28

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/28 22 weeks 4 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: corn on the cob
    Upcoming appointments: 10/9
    How are you feeling?: Eh. I've been grumpy lately and just generally not feeling well. I couldn't get comfortable and fall asleep the other night. Hopefully this all passes soon
    Rants/Raves: it's fall! I love the cooler weather. My husband and I made soups over the weekend and that made me feel a little better. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what's are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by?

I've been using Beauty counter for the last 2-3 years and love it for skin care and make up. I've also looked into Tula lately and might switch to that as my supply runs out just to try it out. The pregnancy hormones plus wearing a mask all day at work has made my acne even worse lately 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/16 24w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 💙

An ear of corn!

Upcoming appointments: 10/20

How are you feeling?:
    pretty good..bbs kicks aren’t as consistent but I think he’s more active at night or I’m just getting used to the feeling?

Rants/Raves: Still on cloud 9 we got all of the big furniture items this weekend 👏🏼👏🏼 DH has been working on the shiplap feature wall and Im beyond excited to see the nursery come together!

Questions: anyone else have a 6 week appointment 😩 still so annoying 

GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by?

clinique dramatically different moisturizer. I’ve used most of their skin care line for years and I don’t think I’ll ever switch.
    During pregnancy Burts Bees “mama butter” has been my body lotion go-to or the normal Cera-Ve
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: 🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Barbie 

Upcoming appointments: 10/8 for a repeat AS as she was too active at the 20 week one to get all the measurements. 

How are you feeling?: super tired recently. 

Rants/Raves: I live on an acre of woods in New England. I spent more than an hour raking our front yard on Saturday afternoon, since our leaf blower isn’t working, and by yesterday you couldn’t see the grass again. 😖 We do pay a lawn company to do all the leaves twice in the fall but like to do upkeep until then, but oof. It’s so bad already! 

Questions: has anyone started to think about maternity leave? If so what are your plans? 

GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by? My only real go-to is Aveeno anti stress lotion. After washing up at night I put that on and the scent is very calming before hopping into bed. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 25w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments: 10/21 for growth scan

How are you feeling?: I've been having a hard time sleeping; could be a mixture of heartburn and something else, but I don't know what. I just feel like I can't get comfortable.

Rants/Raves: My daughter's school closed until next Thursday because there are a couple of cases of Covid-19 among the staff. I was bummed about it (in addition to feeling bad that people got sick) because a) she really likes going and learns so much, and b) it's hard to work from home with a toddler. It hasn't been that bad at home so far because I'm not too busy at work, so I can hang out with her when my husband can't. 

Questions: Has anyone gone to the dentist yet? I have an appointment next week for a cleaning and I know they are taking precautions, but I'm still nervous.

GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by? I am not a beauty person. I wash my face twice a day with Cerave and use Olay's moisturizer with SPF. 

@krisspy22 I'm taking however long I can take as long as I'm paid somehow. Right now it looks like I'll be going back in May. 
  • @supersara2 I’ve been to the dentist for a cleaning and everything was fine!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 20, 23w6d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: Midwife Oct 27

How are you feeling?: Heartburn and an achey pelvis are still my only negative pregnancy symptoms. Unfortunately I’ve got a cold. Had a phone appointment with my midwife today and she told me to go for a Covid test just to be safe. Went for that this afternoon...

Rants/Raves: Just feeling awkward about being sick. It’s my first time having a cold since Covid started and it’s bringing all kinds of concerns and feels. Luckily I work from home so it’s not interfering with that but I was a little confused about what my son and husband should do about daycare and work... 

Questions: Anyone else nesting like mad?? We’ve started a couple projects that have been on the to for list forever and I’m so fixated on getting them done. My husband keeps saying there’s no rush (and he’s right) but my nesting instincts are in high gear. Lol

GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by? Not much input in this department... I wash my face with water lol and wear mascara only. I do use Deva Curl exclusively for my curly hair. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  26+1
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM
    Team:  Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  Butternut squash
    How are you feeling?:  Had one day where there was some crazy back pain. Not sure what caused this, but glad that walking around seems to eventually mitigate it. 
    Rants/Raves:  Found the best maternity lounge pants. After ordering one and experiencing how perfect they were, I had to order two more. I anticipate living in these for the next four months. I had hesitations bc I don't usually order clothes off Amazon, but found this on a "best maternity lounge pants" list and trusted them. Have to say, they were completely right: Liu & Qu Maternity Women's Casual Pants Stretchy Comfortable Lounge Pants: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D921KLW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    GTKY: Awe the skincare question. Love this. My go-to moisturizers have been Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream or Tatcha Water Cream. Think I'm leaning more towards Tatcha's, but they are both better for dryer skin. The product that I seem to live by and crave is Arcona's cranberry toner wipes. They feel like luxury to me and like I'm wiping away all the excess oil. I use them every other night. Then, a couple times a week I use Arcona's Golden Grain Gommage (love alliterations) as my exfoliant. For sunscreen, I swear by MD Solar Sciences mineral sunscreen for general usage and Elta MD's UV Physical broad spectrum SPF 41 for my face. Personal preference: I prefer to use a moisturizer without SPF, so that's why I double up w sunscreen...but really only when I go outside. These days, not an everyday thing. 
  • @briemo Wow, shiplap wall? Sounds like a cool nursery! We need pics once it comes together. 
    @supersara2 Yep, I've been to the dentist. The advice is to not put it off--healthy dental hygiene is so important during pregnancy. I haven't heard of people coming down with cases from visiting the dentist. They are so clean and take everything so seriously that that may be the last place you'd get it. Obviously, let them know you're pregnant (should be obvious by now), so that they can take the necessary precautions with cleaning and such. 
    @oaktree6 Oh no! Fingers crossed it's not covid. I'm feeling the nesting urge but can't act on it until we move into our place next month.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    26+3 1/3
    FTM/STM/STM+:
    STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Pink
    Butternut squash
    Upcoming appointments: next week going to bimonthly appointments
    How are you feeling?: like I've been knocked up for months on end 
    Rants/Raves: Unpopular opinion here.... I love fall but I hate pumpkin. Sick of all the pumpkin craze already 
    Questions: no questions today
    I'm not really a girly girl. I occasionally wear makeup. But its definitely not expensive makeup. And my hair is usually in a messy bun. 

@krisspy22 I've been thinking about leave for awhile now. Probably gonna take leave at the end of Nov. And stay out for about 6 weeks post partem
  • @lavenderclouds I just bought 2 pairs 🙈
  • whitealbum29whitealbum29 member
    edited September 2020
    Will come back later today for tags!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    25 + 5
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Napa cabbage
    Upcoming appointments: just had my 25 week yesterday, Oct 21 for glucose test
    How are you feeling?: I'm definitely feeling increasingly pregnant and like I need help doing stuff! Like getting off the couch. I've been getting a little more uncomfortable at night, I've had intense charley horses/calf cramps that have woken me up a couple times. And my hips hurt laying on my side. Nothing major, just annoying. Monday I was forced to take my first mid-day workday power nap in a couple months after a rough night. 
    Rants/Raves: Hmmm I can't think of anything major to report this week. SO did go to Trader Joe's which I love for random snacks that we wouldn't normally get -- that's what TJ's is best for I think. So we have their seasonal pumpkin bars and a few other things. 
    Questions: When is a normal time to have a baby shower, like how close to due date? My friends told me to send them my registry a few weeks ago and have been talking about organizing a zoom shower but I haven't heard anything about the plan. I know it's tacky for me to be wondering about what day I'm going to get a bunch of presents, haha, but I like to have information! :#  They may just be thinking they'll let me get through our (teeny tiny) wedding in a couple weeks and then deal with that. 
    GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by? Aveda has the best anti-blemish pads I've used, from their Outer Peace line - they smell nice too. I'm a sucker for products that have the words "glowing" or "brightening" in them and have been using a glow serum by Acure at night -- that brand is great for fairly inexpensive stuff that is (I think) more environmentally friendly/"clean" than a lot of brands. I also like their dry shampoo which is my most-used hair product :# - I only wash my hair once a week. For makeup I use a few things from RMS Beauty which is pricey but everything lasts a long time b/c you don't use too much. They have a cream blush called Beloved which looks like a super intense red in the package but just makes me look healthy and rosy.
  • @amm126 Blahhh sorry you're feeling crappy! Hopefully it passes soon.
    @briemo Yeah sometimes I'll have days where I just feel like I don't feel her as much during the day and she gets more active in the evening. I started logging it every time I felt a cluster movements for a few days and felt a little better that I could see that there was movement! My doctor also mentioned sometimes it becomes less noticeable during the day when you're doing stuff.
    @krisspy22 I only get 8 weeks paid but I'm thinking of taking 2 or 4 weeks unpaid afterwards, and told my boss yesterday at this point I expect to pretty much work till baby comes. 
    @supersara2 Sorry about the covid cases at school! I had a dentist appt at the beginning of September, they were very safety-conscious and in general I've heard dentists' offices are being super careful and are probably among the safer places to be because of that. When I was prepping to go to my appt I read that there haven't been any cases directly linked to dentists' offices.
    @oaktree6 I hope the Covid test is negative and the cold gets better! I'm sure if I had any cold symptoms I would immediately think Covid, but people do still just get colds! Good that you got a test just for peace of mind.
    @lavenderclouds Ooh those do look cozy, maybe you can get us all hooked on lounge pants after half of us went out and bought the belly oil after you mentioned! Ha I love skincare too. I've always been curious about Tatcha's dewy skin mist (or something) but haven't tried that brand yet!
  • @lavenderclouds this maternity pants recommendation is awesome, thank you! as a FTM I have been so weird about buying maternity clothes - they all look like overpriced versions of things I already have that I don't want to put on, so I've avoided them. Luckily I'm in the military so my work clothes are just a giant onesie and when I'm at home I can wear loose sweats or "winnie the pooh" it around. So I really needed some advice before I ended up outgrowing all my clothes  :D 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23wks
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grapefruit? Although the ultrasound tech called her a "porker"
    Upcoming appointments: Today! To get my cervix measured, it apparently looked too short in the anatomy scan so we're checking it
    How are you feeling?: Mostly alright, occasionally whiny and my hips hurt every morning 
    Rants/Raves:
    Questions:
    I use Krave products, mostly the oat water cream right now since some patches on my face are more dry than they've ever been. I am missing AHAs (they're kale-lalu-yAHA exfoliator), which I read are supposed to be okay in small quantities but I've just been avoiding it. It does mean I'm getting some obnoxious breakouts though.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Grapefruit!
    Upcoming appointments: 10/5 we go back to MFM to get a better look at the spine since baby decides to cooperate when it feels like it
    How are you feeling?: Still good! We moved and packed up everything this past weekend and I'm glad I still feel good at this point because I like still feeling like I can help.
    Rants/Raves: So, it's weird going back to an apt since it's been awhile but I'm trying to focus on the positives. It's crazy how much extra time we have just not doing household stuff and there's not much space to clean. It's cozy for now!
    Questions: Weird symptom question... all of my apps talk about tingling in the hands and carpal tunnel. I don't have any of that but when I lay down at night I get tingling in my feet to the point where my feet just feel ticklish until I fall asleep. Does anyone else have this? Pregnancy is so weird :D 
    GTKY: I'm in the mood to discuss this today...what are some skincare/makeup/hair products that you swear by? I switched to some Beautycounter items at the beginning of my pregnancy, but I mainly use Drunk Elephant products and most of those are very clean and safe. I did add in this for acne because a lot of my acne treatment stuff was a bit on the harsher side and so far that's worked great.