Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song?

Re: All Due Date Checkin w/o 9/28

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  10+2

FTM/STM/STM+:  STM!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Finding out!  Was team green for baby #1, excited to have both experiences 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  a chocolate truffle

Upcoming appointments:  Oct 13th for genetics/ nuchal translucency screening ultrasound

How are you feeling?:  FINALLY feeling better!  I realized this weekend at 10 weeks that I hadn't felt nauseous all day.  Just SO HUNGRY all the time now...

Rants/Raves: Love not feeling so queasy

Questions:  Does anyone else's practice outsource the 12 week appt? (genetics, first trimester screening?) I find it all so confusing.  I'll be meeting with a geneticist at 12weeks for the genetic counseling, nuchal translucency ultrasound and NIPT bloodwork, but I won't see my OB again for a routine appt until 16 weeks.  With my first I opted not to do the nuchal ultrasound (due to insurance reasons with whoever they outsourced to) and instead worked with my insurance to get the codes and did the bloodwork on my own and had a routine appt with my OB, but then that meant I didn't get the ultrasound. This time around I have new insurance so am going the outsourced route and will do the ultrasound and bloodwork with these other people.  Anyways, was confused with the 12 week appt the first time around and I'm confused again!  

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song?  Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood  :#
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 +2

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an olive 

Upcoming appointments: 10/12

How are you feeling?: nauseous, tired, cranky and bloated

Rants/Raves: All I want to do is sleep. I feel completely unproductive personally and professionally and I hate this feeling. 

Questions: none

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song? Santeria by Sublime

@emeraldisle17 My practice doesn’t outsource that appointment, just the lab work
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/21, 10+5

FTM/STM/STM+: TTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Tea Candle/Strawberry

Upcoming appointments: Next week: 12 week OB + NT Ultrasound

How are you feeling?: Blergh

Rants/Raves: had a great weekend and got a few boxes packed. It's feeling much more real that we're moving.

Questions: I think I've asked them various places already.

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song? Ugh I hate karaoke. I know a lot of 90s music by heart, though.

@emeraldisle17 they don't outsource that appointment but they did make it an optional one this time with covid since you have the NT ultrasound the same week. I think it's with an NP which has never been the case before. I just want to check the heartbeat since my appointment is next Monday and the NT ultrasound isn't until Friday

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    April 22, I’m 10 weeks and some days. I don’t know how many. 😂

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th pregnancy, 3rd baby 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: I had a phone intake appointment today, a nurse called and got all of my history. My next in person appointment is October 8th I think, which isn’t as far away as I thought. 

How are you feeling?: Not amazing, but much better this week thanks to the Diclegis! Still randomly queasy but I haven’t had to panic eat any snacks lately so I’m counting it a win. Other than that, bloated and exhausted. My normal pants now hurt my belly when I try to wear them. 

Rants/Raves: Rant turned rave! We bought doughnuts over the weekend and I had a couple of them. I went to get another one last night and they were gone 😢 I was way more sad than I should have been. BUT today DH went to work, where the church secretary had brought in two dozen doughnuts. There was an untouched box that she sent home with him “for the girls” so my doughnut loving self is happy again!

Questions:

My cousin and I used to loooove doing karaoke. We did all the boy bands and Britney Spears and “Man, I Feel Like a Woman.” 😂
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/15

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lime

Upcoming appointments: see rant below

How are you feeling?: like a pile of poo

Rants/Raves: I’ve been trying to transfer my ob care from my IVF clinic to a regular obgyn for a month. I called on the 2nd and they wanted my records faxed and told me it could take 10 days to review and accept me (wtf?). So my records were faxed the 2nd. I called Friday like a week and a half ago to check in and they said they’d find my chart and call me back. No call. So I called last Friday again and they finally called me back today. They don’t have my records. I know my IVF clinic sent them because she mentioned seeing they were sent to a specific doctor when I couldn’t remember. Sooo who lost them? And why has it taken them so long to call me back twice now? I’ve heard such great things about this doctor but I’m so frustrated with the office. 

Questions: none I can think of

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song? I’ve never actually done karaoke. I’m all about singing in the car or at home but not in front of people.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: April 12, 11 + 6 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Pink!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Swedish Fish

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for a bp check with OB, Fetal echo and MFM consult on 10/26

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I just want to eat all the chocolate. 

Rants/Raves: I've been at my mom's house with DD for two weeks, going home tomorrow and I can't wait to sleep in my own bed (and see DH and our dog)! 

Also, T- 7 days until second trimester! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song? Killing Me Softly

@emeraldisle17 I sang Before He Cheats at a karaoke bar at Universal City Walk on my 21st birthday... under the influence of a lot of alcohol!

@forevertired  that is so incredibly frustrating! I'm sorry they aren't getting back to you! 
  • @forevertired that’s ridiculous. Are you sure that’s where you want to go?  The last practice I went to was awful - loved the doctor, but ultimately I ended up switching after several particularly horrible experiences and I’m much happier. 
    @bblair24 now I’m hungry for donuts. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  13+2

FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM :)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  Team Green (and excited to see the other team green-ers too!)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  baby is the size of a shrimp and could fit on a sugar packet. 

Upcoming appointments:  NT scan/ultrasound tomorrow, next OB appointment at new office on 10/19

How are you feeling?:  Feeling pretty good! Way less nausea and more of an appetite these days, some days I have my pre-pregnancy energy back (but other days, I'm still exhausted - yesterday I ran some errands in the morning and then came home and fell asleep for 3 hours on the couch hahaha). Had some cramping this morning that did not feel great, but overall, knock on wood, I'm feeling pretty good these days.

Rants/Raves: I'm just loving everything fall right now - pumpkin pie, crisp cool weather, sweaters, butternut squash stuff...

Questions:  For once I don't think I have any questions. 

@emeraldisle17  my office does this, sort of. The hospital that I am delivering at is a major hospital, they have 20 or so OB practices under their hospital (many other private practices also deliver at this hospital, but the hospital has its own OB practices with the same name that are officially affiliated with the hospital). For any of the OB offices underneath the hospital umbrella, you have your regular OB appointments with whatever OB office you're going to, and then you have things like your NT scan, anatomy scan, etc. at a different office that is basically at the hospital (called the Maternal Fetal Medicine center). So it's not outsourcing exactly because they are the same like system, but you don't do these bigger ultrasounds or scans inside the OB office. Not sure if I'm explaining that well or not, but I tried! haha. 

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song?  Oh man, I have so many, I love karaoke! Depends on what kind of mood I'm in/who I'm with, but it could be anything from Miley Cyrus Party in the USA to Papa Roach Cut My Life Into Pieces (hahaha that one makes my friends die laughing which is the reason I do it) to Garth Brooks Friends in Low Places to Killing Me Softly by the Fugees. Living in NYC, my friends and I would go to korea town and rent BYOB karaoke rooms out a few times a year, usually for someone's birthday or something. So much fun :) 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/26, 10w1d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: I will find out, MH wants to be surprised

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a strawberry, and apparently a paperclip today

Upcoming appointments: Genetics counseling with first tri screening tests on 10/12, then next OB visit 10/23

How are you feeling?: pretty meh today, but I have noticed that the breast soreness has greatly improved and the nausea is up and down. Still pretty tired all the time, and congested. And peeing like every 45 minutes. 

Rants/Raves: It's finally starting to feel like fall!!

Questions: None right now

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song? I'm not really a karaoke person, I usually just sing and dance in the kitchen.

@emeraldisle17 my office is sending me to the genetics counseling office for a consult, then MFM for the NT scan, and lab for any other tests but I'm seeing the OB the following week. So I guess for the consult and actual test yes, but its still in the same hospital. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I’m seriously questioning it! It’s been recommended by so many other local moms though. Even my IVF doctor was like “oh she’s great, she’ll take good care of you”. I’m giving them a week and then I think I’ll give up and find somewhere else. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    4/20! 
    11 weeks!

FTM/STM/STM+:
    4TM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    FINDING OUT!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    Limey lime lime.
    (just 1 baby tho!)

Upcoming appointments:
    Not until 10/23 but awaiting genetic test results before then!

How are you feeling?:
    I don't want to say this too loudly, but maybe starting to feel slightly better? What the what!?

Rants/Raves:
    Pretty sure I have a sinus infection! Booooooo. Plus side, I finally gave in and made a doc appt and they saw me virtually within 2 hours and now I have a lovely prescription for antibiotics & also picked up some over the counter stuff they recommended. 

Questions:
    Gots nothing

Oh nooo, karaoke is a hard no for me! Never done it!
  • @theblondebump You actually explained it perfectly, especially for the first time going through it!  I also live in a city and am delivering again at a huge hospital, so that is an interesting similarity. I chatted with a couple friends at different practices in the city who have delivered at the same hospital and they are being outsourced as well (same vendor/company). I've been on a research tear with this - I think because the world of genetics and science is ever evolving, there are specialized companies who have identified the whole genetic / screening as an oppty and take it all off the OB's hands. Just a little frustrating because i'd like to see my OB again.  (Also  I used to live in NYC post college and know korea town late night karaoke all too well  :D)

@bbrahmbhatt my husband doesn't want to find out the gender either!  We were team green for baby #1 (highly recommend) and he loved it so much that he wants to wait again. I want to know because I saved wayy too many pink baby clothes and we live in a small condo in the city. I'd like to know if i'm keeping stuff or need to get rid of stuff before buying new stuff.  I'm a little uncertain how it's going to work out and how I won't slip..
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11 weeks today! Due April 21

FTM/STM/STM+: FTMFO (First Time Mom Freaking Out)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Simultaneously the size of a lime and a lego man? These seem to be incongruous...

Upcoming appointments:10/7! One week to go FINALLY

How are you feeling?: Pretty fine honestly - I've been consistently tired and having trouble sleeping through the night (thank you unisom for making this slightly better) and my boobs are SO. SORE. especially when I exercise. Otherwise I'm pretty good!

Rants/Raves: I've noticed my back hurting when I exercise which is no fun! 

Questions: I feel like I'm gaining too much weight during this first trimester - I know the recommended gain is between 1-5 pounds but I feel like mine has been much more (I'm afraid to get on the scale again). Has anyone else experienced this?

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song?: I'm a karaoke fiend - Cowboy Cassanova by Carrie Underwood is my ultimate go to, or Valerie by Amy Winehouse. 
  • @emeraldisle17 my friend really wanted to know but her husband wanted to be surprised, so she found out and he didn't! Don't know how she kept that secret for all that time!! I do not think I could do it! 
  • @anarmillay92918 this is my second pregnancy and both times I gained the max in the early weeks (I had gained 5lbs at my 9.5 week appt..) but I leveled out in my second and third trimesters once I was feeling more like myself and could eat green things again and exercise, lol. I assume the same will happen this time around.  As long as your OB doesn't flag it as a concern I wouldn't worry.  Everyone is different.  From a vanity perspective I am very jealous of the people who haven't gained or even lost lbs (I can't fathom how that happens - i am a bottomless carb machine in the beginning!!)  With my first pregnancy I only ended up gaining a total of 15 lbs...and 5 were in the very early weeks!  So go figure.  My OB told me it was OK to eat bagels for every meal in the first tri if that's all that I could stomach. It's survival mode in the beginning! 

@theblondebump so nuts! I guess we'll see how long we make it, because he's holding on strong. I don't know how i'm supposed to fake brainstorm names of the gender that I know its not, haha
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4/6, 13+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon or a daisy

Upcoming appointments: October 14th

How are you feeling?: I'm in a serious funk lately. My best guess is hormones. 

Rants/Raves: My funk is hindering my ability to think of anything.. I'm just not having a great time right now.

Questions: Not really. This part of pregnancy isn't very exciting to me; won't see babe for another several weeks, for some reason hearing heartbeat on doppler does nothing for me. Won't start feeling movement for several weeks yet. So its just kinds like.. am I even preggo? hah.

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song? Totally not a singer, like at all, but if I had to pick I'd probably go with some classic BSB, N*Sync, or Britney Spears. Hey, 90's mamas!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  10 + 5

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out -- we were team green last time but want to know this time

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lego man I think

Upcoming appointments: I have my NT scan on Oct 13 and have to do my sugar test soon.

How are you feeling?:  Definitely better!  But still not great.  

Rants/Raves:  Like several of you I'm in a bit of a funk right now.  I'm having a hard time thinking clearly and doing work, and have just been in a bad mood for no real reason I can pin down (other than that terrible debate maybe...)

Questions:

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song?  I love karaoke!  My preference is for the private-room style, which I did a TON when I lived in Korea for a year.  Lots of drinks, good friends, and jamming out noraebang style is my kind of night.  I'd say the song I've probably sang most often is Moon River, which sounds lame, but it got to be a kind of closing tradition that I would sing that song right before we left.  It always brings back fond memories.  I sing it to my son at bedtime a lot now, how times have changed :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9+2/May 4

FTM/STM/STM+: 4tm

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a penny

Upcoming appointments: mid October is my first one

How are you feeling?: Still fatigued but so much better nausea wise and can eat most things again!

Rants/Raves: My kids played nicely together most of the day today... my 4 year old told a stranger at the park I was pregnant sooo I guess he's gonna start telling people now lol.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your go-to karaoke song? I do not like karaoke at all... and would avoid at all costs lol.