April 2021 Moms
Options

MPM w/o 9/28

What is everyone eating (or not eating because it sounds totally gross now) this week?  

Re: MPM w/o 9/28

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This week I'm planning bean burritos and chicken wraps for dinner and crab salad sandwiches for lunches. However I'm really craving pizza with pickles and ranch dip right now. I'm all about ranch dip...but made with the seasoning and sour cream. 
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama I’m craving sandwiches too! I spent a solid 15 minutes on Pinterest yesterday just looking at sandwich recipes and ideas. 😂

We did a grocery order today and got the ingredients for a turkey/apple/cheddar panini and I am super pumped about it. 

Today I made baked ravioli - it’s like a cheat for lasagna. Super easy and tasty. Other than that and the sandwich I don’t have a set plan. Probably just a lot of bread and ice cream. 
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 freshly sounds genius. We used it for a while when DS was a baby. I think I’m going to use it again until good sounds decent and I can actually cook.
    I’m less nauseous but still feeling gross when I think about food or eat most things. It’s so weird because I can’t find anything or any type of food that’s safe. Healthy, protein, carb, veggies, fruit, none of it settles this feeling like I ate a huge heavy greasy meal.
  • Options
    This week is a mix of takeout (California burritos last night and chips/salsa, yum!), frozen (TJ’s cowboy veggie burgers, pizza) and home chef meals. I do the planning and shopping, but my husband does all the meal prep now. I very very very much appreciate that he’s stepped up in that area, because the nausea is very real. 
  • Options
    I'm on a low sodium diet and up until this past week i've done great, so i really need to get back into the rest of the week. 

With that being said, tomorrow night is taco night and that is as far as I have planned. 

@lexibizzel I'm so jealous! We normally make the trip twice a year, once in the fall. I'm so sad for all of the fall WDW things we are missing this year.... mainly food and wine though. I can't wait for the day where i am standing in way too long of a line waiting for a small overpriced piece of food, surrounded by drunk people and Disney magic. 
  • Options
    @kvh22 not gonna lie, I didn't even know there were slow cookers with that option.. Ours is just the standard programmable one, but with me gone from 7am-6pm most days, things get overcooked even with that, so some slow cooker meals aren't options during the week. But honestly, even if we did have that function, literally everything is packed away including all cutlery and similar tools, and the space we are using as our "pantry
    and where we have our toaster and crockpot is so small, so I don't have the ability to prep ingredients either. I've been paying extra at the grocery store for the pre-chopped veggies when we need them for a recipe and I'm kind of over that big time.

@forevertired good to know someone else has used it and would use it again! I literally saw a commercial for it this weekend and was like !!!!!!! I had never heard of it before.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 have you ever considered using a sous vide?  If you have a grill, you can cook your meat (to perfection I might add) in a sous vide and then finish it off on the grill within a couple of minutes. We will have a reno this winter and be without a kitchen and this is our plan. 

I am impressed with everyone who actually make meal plans. Right now I basically graze throughout the day with whatever doesn’t sound gross, and then try to eat dinner (whatever my husband has made).  Last night was take-out Mexican food and it was amaaaaazing. 
  • Options
    I'm with @cagncoo12 - I'm jealous of @Lexibizzel ! We go to Disney at least once a year, sometimes more. Last year we did the very merry christmas party and the food and wine festival and I'm glad we got them in last year! I have to say I am so excited to take my future child to disney some day! 

As far as food, I just fly by the seat of my pants and eat whatever sounds good at the moment. It's impossible to plan because it changes on a dime. DH keeps telling anyone who will listen that at one point I sent him to the grocery store for all the ingredients for a greek salad and by the time he got back with all the veggies and hummus and pita, I was like ugh there's no way I can eat a greek salad right now. lol. 

I've mentioned before that DH and I own a wedding business. One of things is we rent out a vintage Good Humor ice cream truck for weddings and other events. So at any given time we have hundreds of chocolate chip cookie sandwiches and other frozen ice cream treats here at our house. You'd think I'd be eating them constantly, but ice cream is one thing I haven't really been craving too much, especially now that it's getting colder. But all of my friends that know I'm pregnant just keep asking how many ice cream bars I'm eating lol.
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 We do not have a grill. We tossed it before our last move and just never replaced it. We're super minimal on our kitchen gadgets, which hasn't helped this situation.. if the Freshly doesn't work out and this goes on much longer I will definitely be investing in more gadgets to cook better meals.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @rexnie oo what's a California burrito? I'm always curious what restaurants consider "Californian" as someone who had never visited the state until I was 22 and have now lived here for almost a decade. Usually it's with avocado <3

@mamabee1113 lol I am the opposite of you in terms of kitchen gadgets. We're moving and I'm dreading packing the kitchen the most. But I swear I use it all lol!!!

I am just waiting to feel normal again. This is so hard. We have a freezer full of great meats and things that I can't wait to cook when I am feeling up to it again.

I also want to prep and make an apple pie and apple butter with all of the apples we picked this weekend. But I need DH to clean the kitchen. He's been picking up so much of my slack but I'm putting my foot down b/c one of the plums in our produce order got fruit flies on like day 2 and now we have an infestation I am working on eliminating and I need him to do some basic cleaning to help since I did most of the heavy lifting of sorting through things and putting them in the fridge or trash.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 it’s meat (carne asada) and potatoes (French fries) with other toppings in a tortilla. It actually reminds me the most of my midwestern roots, haha. 

• Options
    @kvh22 apple pie with freshly picked apples!?! Amaaaaazing! Oh how I miss apple picking!!
    @theblondebump you have an ice cream truck at your house!?! That's amazing!!
    @pelorunningmama I've been on a sandwich kick this week too!

I'm still meal planning, halfheartedly. I'm the only one home with 3 littles for lunch and dinner so I have to have something to feed them & then I also just feel bad for making the hubs fend for himself since he gets home from work kind of late (after 7pm usually), so I cook while doing my best not to smell it haha. Then I make myself some toast. 
    Mon - turkey lettuce wraps
    Tues - chicken & mushrooms over orzo 
    Weds - korean beef w/ broccoli over rice
    Thurs - chicken cacciatore w/ roasted zucchini
    Fri - baked ziti 
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot omg go you! I'm sure your husband appreciates that so much! 
  • Options
    Not really a plan, and definitely a random, but I decided to hang out at my favorite French cafe while my dog gets allergy tested this morning and no amount of words can describe how happy I am to drown myself in various French desserts while I work remotely over the next 3 hours. 😍
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 that sounds like a great morning. There's this amazing bakery by us that I had decided last night I was going to this morning. I picked up bacon broccoli quiche, apple kough aman (I wanted some but the girls ended up eating it), pretzel croissant with ham, cheese, and mustard, and a pain au chocolat (for DH). It was devine. I did have greek yogurt for first breakfast lol.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    All of these pastries sound delicious!

I currently have a pork shoulder in the instant pot for some bbq pulled pork. I suppose I should have something with the hawaiian rolls I'm craving haha. We'll see if I'm still in the mood for pulled pork when it's done haha. 
  • Options
    @theblondebump yum! I’ve been craving barbecue lately. I live in NC and our bbq is pulled pork...I know it’s different other places. But it’s sooo good and I want some! We had Hawaiian rolls last week and they definitely did not disappoint!  
  • Options
    @bblair24 oh I’m jealous. NC bbq is deeeelicious. We used to drive through a few times a year on our way to the beach/visiting family and it was always amazing. 
  • Options
    Agree on being impressed that people can make meal plans! This is where we always fail.. I’m so tired I can’t plan ahead but will hopefully have stuffed chicken with veggies, pork chops leftovers, and maybe I can convince DH we need Mexican takeout :) I’m struggling to cook at home and only takeout sounds good (would kill for chicken fingers right now!)
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 that sounds so good!! I love baked goods.

@theblondebump mmm pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls sounds good!

I have had a craving for cheesecake for like 2 weeks now...and it's only getting worse. I might have to cave in and get a cheesecake now!
  • Options
    @theblondebump YES! Hawaiian rolls have been my weirdest craving so far this pregnancy. Glad i'm not alone. DH has a pork shoulder in the smoker right now and it smells amazing. 

@kvh22 that sounds like my dream breakfast! 
  • Options
    @Lexibizzel I'm just seeing this thread so late to the game but so jealous of your Disney time!! We were supposed to be leaving for a Disney/Florida trip in a few days but cancelled due to covid. Totally wish we would have just kept it!! Oh well, hopefully next year 🤞
  • Options
    I am now craving hot chocolate something fierce. But my normal eating habits are starting to return! I actually opted to eat salad for dinner tonight and I didn’t gag! Win!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @pelorunningmama I’ve been managing to eat some veggies too lately! Someone on fb posted a picture last week of a huge veggie tray, just raw and cut up, and I’ve been wanting to buy vegetables ever since and do the same. Weird craving, but I’ll take it. 😂
  • Options
    @runsoncoffee I having been eating wayyyyy too many eggos, haha. It's bad.