May 2021 Moms
Options

Questions week of 9/27

2»

Re: Questions week of 9/27

• Options
    @ckmb_1250 we won’t go see anybody but for Thanksgiving we are doing a dish swap with my brother and his in laws so that we can all have a full thanksgiving meal without having to prepare everything. We will each make a dish and then package it out for the other 5 families the 2 days before (with reheating directions) and then drop them at my brothers. He’s going to pack up bags of everything and drop full dinners at each family’s house. We then plan to do a video call with all of our family at some point. We’re pretty risky for the rest of the fam because my husband is a college professor and is teaching in person and my son goes to DC. My whole family is taking it fairly seriously so there won’t be hurt feelings around not spending holidays together. Trying to remember this is just a small window in our lives. 
  • Options
    For those with kids, when are you telling them? I’m torn on what to do here. In the past, I’ve waited but I’m feeling more like telling our immediate families but I want to tell our kids before we do. I know once I tell my kids though, it won’t be much of a secret anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dlynn484 said:
    For those with kids, when are you telling them? I’m torn on what to do here. In the past, I’ve waited but I’m feeling more like telling our immediate families but I want to tell our kids before we do. I know once I tell my kids though, it won’t be much of a secret anymore. 
    Mine is just 2 so we talk about the pregnancy in front of him but won't start talking about how a baby is going to be coming home in the spring until December/January depending on when we move. We just have so many changes happening I don't want to pile on too much but I'll probably be showing by then. Tips on telling a two year old would be welcome. 
  • Options
    @dlynn484 we won't tell until about 12 weeks. I have a 5 and a 22 month old, so I figure the little won't really understand much.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @dlynn484 we told our daughter weeks ago but she's 2 (will be 3 in a few months) so we're not too worried about it. Although we did tell her it's a secret and she can't tell anybody and now when we ask her what the secret is she says "Shhhhh can't talk about it" lol. 
  • Options
    @dlynn484, we'll tell our boys once we tell my ILs at 12 weeks. (I was planning on waiting till 12 weeks but already spilled the beans to my parents.) They can't keep a secret, so we have to wait until we're ready for the world to know.