February 2021 Moms
Options

UO Thursday: with a twist

Let’s try something different this week: rather than posting about what you don’t like, post something that you do like that’s generally unpopular. And then we can all comment about why we don’t like that thing. :lol:

Re: UO Thursday: with a twist

• Options
    This one is a popular unpopular thing, but it’s fitting for the season: I love love love candy corn (has to be Brachs) and I’ll easily eat an entire bag in a day. :love:
  • Options
    I also like candy corn. I NEED to have it at least once a fall. 

Mine is I don’t get all the hate for Nickelback. I mean they weren’t my favorite band but definitely not as bad as the internet makes them out to be?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Candy corn FTW. I feel like we mentioned this before? But I was snacking on an autumn mix bag last night after dinner. 
  • Options
    Oh man, definitely not a candy corn person 😂 for that matter, I’m not really a Halloween person. Maybe it will be more fun when I actually have a kid? 

Halloween talk got me thinking about holidays...I think for me my UO is that I love Valentine’s Day! I know people call it a Hallmark holiday, or just a ploy to drive up the price of flowers, but I love any excuse to write (and receive) a nice note to my husband, plan a fancy dinner, and just spend some time together. Plus, I typically work very long hours in February, so my teams have always taken a bit of a break that night to get home earlier and spend some time with family. 
  • Options
    So many candy corn weirdos 😂 gross

I enjoy deer hunting and our freezer is full of venison
  • Options
    I can’t think of anything . I feel like a basic betch 😆
  • Options
    I still watch the show Big Brother. It is my summer guilty pleasure and everyone I know hates it!
  • Options
    @birdiejo I bet you like all those pumpkin drinks don't you 😉
  • Options
    @babymamadimo I love watching The Challenge on mtv and they have started casting people from Big Brother (Paulie, Kacey, Fessy, Bayleigh, Swaggy, Josh... I think that's it so far). The next season should have: Kaycee, Amber Borzotra, and Josh. I've wondered if it was worth watching big brother but haven't done it yet 😂
  • Options
    May be unpopular depending on the crowd: I like tent camping and don’t mind outhouses and river water baths.
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 ❤️ I used to love tent camping. It was too much with two kids and two dogs though so we have a huge camper now 😂 it's so nice for giving the dogs a rest, a clean bathroom, and hosing off filthy kids before bed. If I was going with just adult friends tent would be great though.
  • Options
    @jumpy57 that’s exactly me! With a toddler and soon another, it’ll be camper camping for the foreseeable future (we’re planning to buy a camper next spring). But once the kids are in grade school, helloooooo again tent camping and backpacking! 
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 my husband loves camping and would go tent camping every weekend if he could. I agree to go one weekend a year 😆 I hate it!
  • Options
    Another candy corn lover here...also those pumpkins that go with it!!

I like jury duty....a day off work, I don’t have to take PTO, and I get to sit quietly in a room a read all day. Let me go once a month please!! I’d also love to see what it’s like to end up on the jury but no such luck yet!
  • Options
    @manditchka24 I've never been on jury duty! I would've loved it when I was working! Any chance to have a day out of the office is a plus in my book!
  • Options
    I don’t like pumpkin drinks!  @jumpy57 I like pumpkin bread but I think that’s popular.... I’ll think of something 
  • Options
    @birdiejo oh I thought I was the only one!!! 🧡🧡🧡

@hannahbananas11 we bought a huge camper two years ago and while I absolutely love it, I'm excited to downsize once we can kick the kids into tents. I do really like the camper when we do fall camping and it sometimes snows 🥶
  • Options
    I’m not a big candy person and candy corn is sickeningly sweet. Y’all can have it. 

@moguippy I also don’t get the hate for Nickelback. It clearly works for them and people keep buying their music/listening to them 🤷🏻‍♀️

My tent camping days are over. Like my aunt says, my idea of camping at this point means there’s not a mint on my pillow. 😆

I guess mine is that I like road trips. I actually don’t mind driving cross country and stopping to see friends and cool places along the way. I would rather drive than fly if we have the time. 
  • Options
    @manditchka24 I want to get jury duty so bad! I have never been selected yet, but some people I know get it multiple times!
  • Options
    Can't say I'm with you ladies on the candy corn.. I can think of many other types of Halloween candy I would chose over that 😬 such as the fun size snickers bars 

@hannahbananas11 I am with you on the tent camping and river dipping though. Although if I have the option I would much rather pee outside with a nice view instead of going into an outhouse! 
  • Options
    @babyturtle22 Yes, outhouses tend to not have much in the way of scenery. LOL Once when I was backpacking with H during our dating years, I went off the trail a ways to pee. I was holding onto a small (like 6" diameter) tree to brace myself as I squatted, and all of a sudden the tree (or sapling, I guess) started to fall over. My H heard me shriek and turned around just in time to see my legs flailing in the air as this sapling landed on top of me. That was quite the wilderness peeing experience! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 that is hilarious! At least it probably gave you guys something to laugh about