Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 9.22

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 9.22

• Options

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, CP, HIO EOD, vitamins 

R/R: finally got a positive OPK last night! Should be ovulating today! Of course, I slept like shit last night so my temp was artificially high this morning. I was tossing and turning easily every hour and I’m pretty sure I had been awake for 30 minutes before my alarm went off. I put it in my chart but discarded it already. 

CS/Q: maybe you all have thoughts on keeping versus discarding the temp?

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @chindimples04 yay for a positive OPK! I will usually discard a temp that is significantly higher than my norm if I can pinpoint a reason for it being high. 

Month/Cycle: 15/10

CD: 19

WAYDTGKU: temping, prenatals, OPKs, and HIO of course

R/R: I had so much fun going out with my coworkers last night. We are such a good fit as a department and shared a lot of laughs. I definitely needed that social outing yesterday. We've all agreed we definitely want to do it again and soon.

CS/Q:  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@chindimples04 I agree with gingermama on discarding the temp if you know there's a reason for it being out of the range of normal for where you're at in your cycle. So glad you finally got a positive OPK!
    @gingermama29 I'm glad you had fun with your coworkers last night! Hopefully y'all can make it a somewhat regular thing, especially if you all got along well at this one.

Month/Cycle: 8/7
    CD: 4
    WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPKs, Prenatals + B6, CM/CP tracking, HIO
    R/R: I have all of my application materials ready to submit for a position on the ACA of Iowa graduate committee. Just waiting for a friend to proofread everything and I'll get everything sent over (hopefully no later than tomorrow)! I'm excited. The board meets on 10/2 to decide which students will get a spot on the committee. Aside from that I'm still sticking to the homework grind and trying to relax a bit before O comes again.
    CS/Q: Nothing exciting.

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options
    @chindimples04 I would discard it but with it being right after a positive OPK I would compare it to your post O temps and maybe add it back in if it fits with your post O temps. 
    @gingermama29 glad your social outing was a success! I hope you guys arrange another one soon!
    @ashaislurking good luck with your application! 

Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: PNV & BBT for now

R/R: I had my HSG this morning and my right tube is blocked. She said that it could have been spasming but it's likely just blocked. Then she said "well you only need one tube to get pregnant  :) " to which I replied "yeah but it's a lot harder  :/ " That felt a little insensitive but she's not my normal dr. I'll have to wait for the official results from the radiologist and follow up from my dr but idk what the next steps would be. Do they attempt to unblock it? Can I get more info about how my left ovary is performing then? How can I tell what side I'm going to ovulate on? I usually ovulate a little early, could I have poor egg quality as well? Ugh. I just don't feel good about it and I'm not sure how a typical OB (who specializes in fertility but still) will do with all of this and maybe I need to find an RE or a NaPro dr. 

CS/Q: nothing to see here.

*TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options

@chindimples04 yay for the positive OPK! My temps are all over the place so far this month, and the past two day I woke up when my H got up for work then I fell back asleep. Probably should just start taking my temp then…

@gingermama29 a night out is always great! I am glad you have such a positive relationship with your department.

@ashaislurking good luck on your application!

@krash_ ugh I am sorry about your HSG. I know nothing about what they would do regarding a blocked tube, but look at it as one step closer to finding out what can be done to fix it J

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: FF, temping, HIO, prenatals

R/R: My temps are still up and no EWCM in sight, so I think I am still waiting to O. A rant - I used to be able to sleep through my husband’s alarm in the mornings, but as of late I keep semi-waking up. I think it is messing with my temps, so I will probably have to start temping when H’s alarm wakes me up, if I can remember.

CS/Q: nothing yet.

• Options
    @krash_ I'm sorry you left your HSG this morning feeling like the doctor who did it wasn't being sensitive to your feelings on the matter. I am glad it gave you a little insight. Hopefully talking to your doctor will give you some more clarity about the situation and you can come up with a solid plan moving forward!

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• Options

Month/Cycle: 27/2 AL

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, vitamins, and just trying to get the timing right

R/R: Rant -- super busy/hectic day. I guess a bit of a rant that I got my period. Rave -- I got my period, meaning that I can drink at my favorite brewery for dinner tonight, at Oktoberfest-for-2 this weekend, and not stress about the timeline issue (see spoiler for explanation). Looking on the bright side.

*TW Loss mentioned*

The reason I sort-of classify my period as a "rave" is because getting pregnant this cycle would have put me on almost the same timeline as the TFMR from last year. While I would like to be pregnant, that was an added layer of stress that I wouldn't mind avoiding. 

CS/Q: none