Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?

Re: Week 2 (05/08/21-05/14/21) Check-in w/o 09/20

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 5/8, 7+1

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We are finding out but we don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Today baby is the size of an M&M!

Upcoming appointments: First appointment tomorrow! They’ll do a dating scan and then I’ll meet with my OB. She’s pregnant with twins so I’m going to have to switch doctors at some point but I’ll at least start with her and see how long she can see me.

How are you feeling?: Not great. First pregnancy was super easy and I never had nausea or anything. This one is kicking my butt.

Rants/Raves: Rave: my husband is tackling bathroom demo by himself and my 2.5 year old is playing quietly by herself which means I can just lie on the sofa and not have to do anything.

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be an event planner but after working odd hours and weekends at my first job out of college, I nixed it hahaha. I like having my nights and weekends to me. I’m a contracts manager for a software company now so not similar at all! I do love hosting parties and going all out though.
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: same as @gusgus14 05/08/2021 and 7w+1d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+, third baby. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: plan on staying team green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a playing die 

Upcoming appointments: Not until Friday 10/02

How are you feeling?: Terrible! My nausea is 24/7, I thought my m/s was bad with my first pregnancy, but that didn’t hold a candle to this. 

Rants/Raves: My 4yo and 3yo are pretty good at entertaining themselves so my days off I can lie around and be sick without feeling like I’m totally abandoning them. 

Questions: Anyone ever need to take Unisom during the day and were able to stay awake? I’m thinking I’m going to need to add daytime doses to survive at work. 

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I knew I would be something in healthcare. As I started nursing school and even early on in my nursing career I just *knew* I wanted to work in the ICU. But then I found the ER and realized that that is definitely my niche and ER people are my people. I still get to take care of super sick people but I don’t have to be nearly as type A as required in the ICU. 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/12, 6+5

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out! We want one of each, but ask me again after this pregnancy 😂

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is as tall as a Reese’s peanut butter cup

Upcoming appointments: This Tuesday 9/22! Will have an u/s then meet with my OB. I just switched to an all-female practice nearer to our home and will eventually meet with all the docs in the practice and any of them could be the one to deliver. Nervous and praying for a healthy bean. 

How are you feeling?: Still suspiciously ok and waiting for the other shoe to drop? The exhaustion has taken over my life. I’m in awe of my level of carb consumption and (still) rapidly changing food aversions but those are the biggest things so far. 

Rants/Raves: I had enough energy to make eggs and waffles this morning and still wanted to eat them by the time I was done cooking. Small victories!!

Questions: Not a question but think I saw a second mention from someone on here to read “Expecting Better” and really appreciating the book so far. 

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?

I wanted to be a ballerina or a journalist. I danced for several years until I hit puberty and didn’t have a “ballet body” anymore and I’m lucky to have had my other dream job working as a journalist for years as well. I now sell advertising technology so I’ve been in and around the media world almost my whole career. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/9, 7 weeks today

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: we didn’t find out last time, and it ended up being a girl. I want to find out this time. I think it will be easier to talk to my daughter about the baby if we can use ‘he/she’. I also accept that there will be some kind of grief of the other sex either way, and I want us to have time to process those feelings. We are planning two kids so this is more final. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I think a blueberry? 

Upcoming appointments: follow up on Wed to see if anyone can help me make these progesterone injections less painful ( I was absolutely disabled all day today and basically in tears), and then 2nd ultrasound Friday. 

How are you feeling?: aside from the injections issue - sore boobs, so tired, slight nausea and food aversions, which is NOT like me, I eat constantly.

Rants/Raves: I had my pregnancy bloodwork done last week, and I had asked the midwife to run TSH with it, because I’ve been having tooons of hair shedding the past 6 months and wanted to rule out any thyroid issue. She said she could, then started talking about how it was probably normal, and then DIDNT run it with my bloodwork. So now I have to be difficult and ask again, and have an extra blood draw to run it. Wtf. 

Questions: anybody have a good body butter or oil yet? I used Basq products last pregnancy but need something cheaper!

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I remember wanting to be a waitress and a doctor 😂 I work in fashion 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    5/12 as well (per the apps) - 6w+4d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Definitely finding out! I can’t even watch a movie without looking up the ending. Unrealistic to think I could wait. 🤣

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Size of a chocolate chip or chiclet gum. 

Upcoming appointments: not until Oct 1

How are you feeling?: pretty normal other than some stomach aches. 

Rants/Raves: weather has been beautiful And football is back! 

Questions: *Possible TW* I for some reason have an irrational fear that my pregnancy will end up being ectopic. At what point do symptoms for this usually occur? And what week are you out of the clear? (Also, are TW a thing on BMB? Or is that more a TTC board thing? Just want to be respectful of everyone so added it just in case.)

I think a vet or a figure skater... and I’m a marketing manager for a real estate developer. So not even close. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Due May 10th but will be a repeat C, so probably May 3rd.  I'm staying here though, because my appt dates will match with y'alls!

FTM/STM/STM+: I have 2 boys; Caleb who is 5 and Owen who is 22 months

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:  I'm champing at the bit to find out.  The second I see that sweet little heart beat, I'm ordering the Sneak Peak test, lol

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: Sept 30th at 10:30am.  It can't come soon enough.

How are you feeling?:  Queasy and exhausted.  

Rants/Raves: Our infant carrier that we had through both babies is expired this year, so my best friend is giving us hers which is only a year old.  I'm thrilled!

Questions: None at the moment.

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now?  The only thing I can remember ever wanted to be was a ballerina.  I now work in I.T., so almost the same, lol!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @gusgus14 I can't wait to hear about your appointment!
    @JessKo08 I can't believe you're going to be team green!!!!
    @ec1212 OMG I've eaten so. many. carbs.
    @ckmb_1250 Ugh, I'm so sorry about your injections.  That's terrible. :(
    @sienna221 TWs are a thing here, too.  EP happens in only 1-2% of pregnancies, so unless you're bleeding or have one-sided pain, hopefully you can rest at ease until your appointment. I know, it's so hard.

*Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 5/10; 7w

FTM/STM/STM+: STM -- I have a 3 yo son

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We'll find out as soon as we can. My husband really wants a girl.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a coffee bean! So I get to have that one coffee bean in my life.

Upcoming appointments: Next Monday

How are you feeling?: SOOOOO tired. I am just exhausted all the time. Very nauseated too and I have a huge aversion to meat. 

Rants/Raves: The only thing that has been cutting my nausea is soft serve ice cream, but that's not something I can/should be eating everyday. But I found today that yakult probiotic yogurt drinks help too! I'm very excited because that's much lower in carbs/sugar and easier to keep around the house. 

Questions:

When I was 8 I wanted to be a haughty business women. When I was 12 an assassin for the CIA. When I was 18 a journalist. And when I was 22 I wanted to work in politics. 

I did work in politics and it lead me to being an emergency manager and now I do incident response and business continuity in the private sector. Who knows what next, because career-wise I've always been pretty flexible and into filling whatever niche or need I see. 
  • @sienna221 I always worry about that too, but they’re rare and you’d have pain. I honestly think first trimester care is lacking, with “normal” pregnancies having zero care until 8 weeks. I always think I’m the type of person who would downplay pain until it was an emergency 😂 Does your first appt have an ultrasound? If so, you’ll see where baby is then 👍🏻
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 10th, 7 weeks. I have an US Wednesday that will confirm. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We will find out. Brother wants a sister haha. But I’m good with either :) 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound in 2 days! 

How are you feeling?: Very very nauseous all day. Struggling to eat anything. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: Are you guys able to find these boards on the app? I’m finding using the website on my phone isn’t too friendly but I can’t find them on the app. Lol 

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I wanted to be something in the criminal justice field. I am currently a SAHM. So it’s very different from what I’m doing. But my degree is in criminal justices and psychology. So if I do go back it will be something in that. 
  • @ckmb_1250 I’m not sure if it does. I have a first appointment 10/1 at 8w+1d and then they already scheduled my 2nd appt too for 10/22 which I know they said was a U/S at 11w+1d. But thank you for calming my nerves. I get in my head about things all the time with no rational explanation... 😂
  • @marz1pan Did you know Aldi has a pack of those for $1.00! My kids love them and they're so much cheaper than the yakult brand.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @SU1989 To get to the boards on the app you go to home then click the hamburger (3 horizontal lines) in the upper left corner. select pregnancy, the scroll to the bottom and select community.  

@sienna221 My first pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms for most of the first trimester and my baby was fine.  Try to assume it's normal.  If you have any unusual symptoms you can always call your OBGYN

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @mkc3888 thank you!!! So much better 🤦‍♀️ Haha
  • @gusgus14 So, is twins a complete surprise? Does it run in your or H's family? I don't recall if you did any fertility? 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t complete surprise and still in shock! Runs in my husband’s family but from what I understand it only matters if it’s on the mother’s side? They don’t run in my family. No fertility meds this time around! I found out I was pregnant the day I was supposed to pick up my first round.
  • Congratulations @gusgus14!! That's so exciting! 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: May 14/6w + 3d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM. We have a 2.5 year old daughter.

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: We'll definitely find out! I'd love for my daughter to have a sister, but we'd obviously be thrilled to have a boy as well. I can be pretty sentimental, so I would need to mourn not being able to reuse her little baby dresses and outfits.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A blueberry!

Upcoming appointments: First ultrasound is this Friday.

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty well. The fatigue is real. I'm definitely feeling more nausea this go around than I did last time, but it's mostly in the evening and isn't too bad (yet). 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? Is it very different from what you’re doing now? I changed my mind pretty frequently as a kid, but I went to school for journalism. I decided that it wasn't the path for me and taught elementary special education for five years. I'm a sahm now, but I do miss writing. 
  • @ckmb_1250 I'm sorry to hear you're having pain with your shots. I'm currently on the suppositories - could that be an option for you? There was a point when it looked like I may have to do the shots and my doctor suggested something called the Buzzy to help manage the pain. It's a cold pack the vibrates and basically numbs the area. It's made for children who receive frequent injections, but she said her patients rave about it.  If you lurk the infertility boards there are lots of women on progesterone shots and they have tips for making them more comfortable, too. 
  • @caitb13 thanks, I will look that up! I was on suppositories but my progesterone was still falling so we switched to the shots. I’m not sure of the long term plan, my Dr wants to check back again in a couple of weeks 😩
  • I put my update over in the ultrasound thread woohoo!! Just squeaking by to stay with y’all in week 2. Yay!

ill see my doc again @ 8 weeks and 10wks due to my CP last year. Then I’ll have non-invasive screening at 11 weeks (and we’ll find out the sex with that), then anatomy scans at 13 & 20 wks. I also have to meet with a genetic counselor via Zoom but plan to decline any invasive genetic screening. 
  • @su1989 how was your appointment?
  • @ckmb_1250 someone I follow on IG recommenced this combo for dealing with her IVF shots. She put on the numbing cream and covered it with this special patch so it soaked in before she had a shot. Obvi would have to see if it’s safe during pregnancy but might be an option?
  • @ec1212 thank you!!

So I went in for a nurse appointment yesterday and they suggested injecting a bit lower than I was, and it’s SOOOOO much better. Like it’s slightly sore but I don’t feel like I’m dead. I knew what I was feeling couldn’t be normal 😂 I’m hoping this way continues to work, I can deal with this! 
  • @ckmb_1250 Oh my goodness, that's so great! I'm glad you have some relief! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @ec1212 it went well! Baby was doing good as far as I know. Heartbeat was 140. I am waiting on my OB’s office to call with dating and details but I haven’t received a call yet today so I’m just anxious until I hear that all is ok. I hate that the US tech can’t say much of anything.  
  • @SU1989Hope they call you ASAP! I would just be waiting outside my OB's door until she gave me the goods. LOL. Nice strong heartbeat!!
  • @ec1212 they never called 😩 I’m calling them in the morning. I just feel bad like I’m going to be pestering them. But common dude. 
  • @su1989 They are working for you! Call them and get your peace of mind! 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @SU1989 what @texas_t said. Don’t ever feel bad for doing whatever you need to do to get the information you need about your health. They exist to care for patients and you’re the patient, calling to make sure they hold up their end of the bargain. 
  • @ec1212 @texas_t thank you guys! You’re 100% right. I don’t know why I feel like that!