April 2021 Moms

FFFC 9/18

Re: FFFC 9/18

• I ordered Easy Cheese today in my grocery delivery. No shame y'all.
  • I never realized that second pregnancies mean EVERYTHING expands faster... Especially my boobs. The other day my whole boob fell out of my bra under my white shirt... While I was working... I'm a teacher. Thank the Lord I had a scarf and a sweater covering my chest! 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼 Time to buy bigger bras...
  • Loading the player...
  • My kids have been watching way too much TV and I’ve been eating way too much ice cream!
  • My MIL sent my husband the gift I told her on Wednesday I was getting him for Christmas. It was a Bluetooth earpiece. She said something about him needing one so he can call her more while driving (it’s now illegal to hold a phone while driving in Indiana) and I said he’s getting one for Christmas from me. But one showed up at our door yesterday afternoon. This is not the first or even second time she has done something like this. 
  • @theletlers NO! That is NOT okay!!!
  • @theletlers that would make me so mad! 
  • @theletlers what?! so irritating!
  • @theletlers, ah you've got one, too. It's nice to have someone who can relate to the ridiculous things MILs do. That is not OK, and would have sent me ranting and raving.

FFMC -
    I figured now should be the time to warn you all I'm obsessed with The Lord of the Rings. I also have a deep resentment toward my MIL (and my SILs), and will rant about them frequently. I apologize now. 
  • @aisukurimsarang I’m sure I will have further rants along the way!  I feel badly sometimes because I know some others don’t have a mother or a mother in law to lean on, but then I have a conversation with her. I recently had to inform her that I would not be giving her my children’s social security numbers. Her own mom is going through a divorce and they were trying to move money around so the soon to be ex husband couldn’t take it. She was worried if the money was just moved into her own name the court would make them move it back. So she wanted to put it in a trust in my kids names so that he couldn’t touch it. No...you are not dragging my 5 and 2 year old into a messy financial divorce situation for it to come back to them as adults. 
  • @theletlers your kids social security numbers?! That is insane! 
  • @theletlers, that's just bonkers. Our biggest problem is she turned her son into her husband when he had a stroke, and doesn't seem OK with the idea that he has his own family. It got worse when NFIL finally passed. I basically have to keep reminding her she is GRANDMA, not MOM and DEFINITELY not Wife and Lady of the House. 
  • @aisukurimsarang when DS1 was born she actually would literally refer to herself as mommy when she would talk to him for like a year. Like we would go visit her and she would say “give mommy a kiss” “clap for mommy” etc. I would always make a face and once she saw me. She claimed it was because she calls herself mommy to her dogs, but I’m not sure if comparing my child to a dog is any better. 
  • @theletlers OMG. That is insane! 
  • @theletlers NO! That's just weird!!!
    Back before kids, when my SIL was pregnant with grandbaby #1, we had a discussion about what my MIL would be called. My SIL wanted her to be "pookie" and I was like "UHM NO - I mean yall go for it but I absolutely will not be calling you that and neither will my kids." Now she's Gigi ;)
  • hahaha @goldpolkadot omg DH and I call the baby "pookie" lol. I would NOT be able to handle it if my MIL wanted to be called pookie! 

My brother already has 5 children and they call my mom "Grammy" so we don't really get to pick what she's called, but we asked my MIL what she wanted to be called and she said she always thought it would be Grammy but now she feels like she can't be grammy since my mom already is. I reallyyyy don't think it matters, they can both be grammy. Or she can be whatever else she wants. But not Pookie. Sorry. lol
  • @theblondebump the only way I've seen having the same grandparent name work is if you have a second name too - so DH had grandma x and grandma y (last names) or the same thing with first names I've seen. Kids are too easily confused when it's the same. My grandmothers both wanted to be Grammy and my brother freaked out when my dad's mom is the one that showed up instead of my mom's mom so they had to change it.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @kvh22 haha yes, my mom is grammy "first name" 
  • bblair24bblair24 member
    edited September 2020
    Growing up I had grandma and grandpa b and grandma and grandpa c. It worked out fine for us! My mom chose to be Nana but DD1, who was the first of all the grandchildren, called her Nina so now that’s what both my girls call her. My nieces all call her Nana and when I’m trying to tell them to talk to her I have to remember that she’s Nana and not Nina 😂 MIL didn’t decide what she wanted to be until DD1 was born, which wasn’t a big deal because it’s not like she could talk to her. She’s Grandma. FIL is grandpa and my dad is Pa, which I started calling him as a joke when I was still in high school and it stuck - he chose to be called that! All the grandbabies started off calling him “Ba” but they grew out of that, haha!
  • @goldpolkadot oh my gosh I could not handle calling my MIL pookie!!
  • Right?! Like imagine writing it on grandparents cards... family FB posts...no!! Just no!! Pookie SMH. 

@theblondebump TOO funny on calling the baby that!!! Our #1 was jelly bean. #2 was Tater-tot. I’m not sure #3 got anything besides peanut occasionally. And #4 is definitely just #4 😂