Breastfeeding
Options

Fast milk regulation?

Have any mamas out there found that their supply has regulated faster with consecutive children? 

Our third is a week old today. My milk came in on Saturday. Today I noticed that I feel lighter. It has never happened this quickly before. 

I am feeling letdowns and leak milk when that happens. My daughter is still filling diapers regularly and she eats very often. She seems to empty my breasts with feeding now. I’m not overly concerned with supply yet but I did start the mini pill for the first time ever. I was told there was no concern of effect on supply. 

I just want to catch it earlier if my supply is dipping already. I’ve always nursed for 2+ years so I want to keep up. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Fast milk regulation?

• Options
    Have any mamas out there found that their supply has regulated faster with consecutive children? 

Our third is a week old today. My milk came in on Saturday. Today I noticed that I feel lighter. It has never happened this quickly before. 

I am feeling letdowns and leak milk when that happens. My daughter is still filling diapers regularly and she eats very often. She seems to empty my breasts with feeding now. I’m not overly concerned with supply yet but I did start the mini pill for the first time ever. I was told there was no concern of effect on supply. 

I just want to catch it earlier if my supply is dipping already. I’ve always nursed for 2+ years so I want to keep up. 

Thanks in advance!
    Mine has definitely regulated faster with each subsequent child. That said, mine has never regulated quite that fast. I’m nursing my third, and I still have times of being very full at 7 weeks old. 

When my daughter had issues nursing, she still seemed to poop fine and nurse often. The issues were that she was gaining weight very slowly, and she’d want to feed constantly and be fussy almost immediately after eating. So I’d say the big thing to keep an eye on is her weight gain. If that’s good, you’re fine. 

Fwiw, even though the mini pill isn’t linked to low milk supply the way a combination pill is, La Leche League says some women anecdotally report having supply issues on the mini pill, so just something to keep in mind.