March 2021 Moms

Pregnancy Exercise

So we all know we're supposed to be somewhat active to help us stay healthy during pregnancy. What exercises are you doing? I'm getting back into walking (because I know it's going to be helpful with my back and hip pain), and I have talked with my doctor and have been cleared for a beginner's Barre class with pregnancy modifications (already talked with the instructor and she's familiar with how to mod things for pregnancy). 

Re: Pregnancy Exercise

• I've been doing my crossfit-style/HIIT program that I was doing before I got pregnant.  I've just dial back the intensity and the weight for most lifts. I'm going to dial it back to more strength training and less HIIT though, probably 2 days strength and 2 days HIIT instead of all HIIT.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
    travandas
  • Bode by Lex is an app that has an excellent Baby Barre program!! She gives you full exercise plans to follow and has a beginner level. I use her programs and love them!!
    redseligjuliebeannntravandas
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ve been trying to figure out how to incorporate more exercise. I can’t take walks where I’m living, unfortunately, but I did have a pretty solid Pilates exercise routine before I got pregnant, but totally dropped it when the sickness and fatigue kicked in. Now that I’m feeling a little better, I’m trying to figure out if I can get back into that, but modified of course, I’m just afraid to accidentally be doing something that isn’t pregnancy safe. 
    juliebeannntravandaskloe818
  • Totally fell off the exercise wagon when I got pregnant. I felt too wiped out to workout and the only thing I could manage was 20 minutes of brisk walking. I‘m getting my energy back so I’d like to double my walking time and do a bit of barre and strength training. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    juliebeannntravandas
  • I was training for a half marathon when I found out I was pregnant. That went right out the window. Now i am just trying to go for walks a few days a week, and I do some yardwork. I am clueless about strength training, though.
    juliebeannntravandas
  • I've been walking, and I want to start weight training again. I was powerlifting before I got pregnant but now I'll just use dumbbells.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
    juliebeannntravandas
  • I had been doing Body Combat twice weekly and walking 4-5 days a week when I found out I was pregnant. With the way I've felt during first tri, I've been pushing myself just to get to Combat once a week and go on at least one walk per week. Hopefully second tri will allow me to pick things up and getting moving more again.
    juliebeannntravandas
  • Prior to my BFP I was working out 6 days a week with my husband doing HIIT and weights at home. Now, I can’t even take a walk outside without feeling dizzy and wanting to pass out. So upset that my months of quarantine workouts and progress went down the drain. I was feeling the best I ever have and my low carb/carnivore diet was in point! Pretty sure it was the first time I ever had consistently had my diet and workout down pat at the same time.
    juliebeannn
  • @annanbby Check with your provider on any restrictions and if you can find someone to take online classes who's worked with pregnancy before, they can show you modifications. 
    annanbby
  • My exercise routine is nothing special but walking either outside or on the treadmill when I wake up. It gives me some time for me before I start my day and the kids wake up. 

Becca and DH-David-Parents to: Caleb-5/19/15, Elijah-4/3/2017, and Ilana-2/22/2019

Twins! #4 and #5 Due: 03/14/2021

juliebeannn
  • As soon as i feel bettwr im going to start off slow with sone leslie sandstone workouts then hopefully work up to some of pamela reif dance workout 
  • OOO dancing, I forget about that one.
    bcashaw
  • @kloe818 Pamela has some really fun ones that she calls " Happy Dance" theyre only 15-20 mins long and i loove them. 
    kloe818
  • I haven’t worked out much during the first trimester other then walking and very occasional jogging. Now that I’m feeling better I’m resolving to get back into a walk/jog routine to work back up to 2 miles 2-3 days per week and also incorporate prenatal yoga at home. I did a 30 minute prenatal routine off of YouTube today which was so nice. 

So far this has been the opposite of my last pregnancy where I went to Barre classes 3x per week up until my due date. I quit the studio in January because I couldn’t make it more then once a week trying to juggle having an infant and working full time. I was running and doing barre at home a lot during the springtime quarantine, so hoping it won’t be too hard to jump back in now. 
    clevans1
  • Gosh, I really hate working out. But I usually force myself because it’s good for you. I haven’t been doing much because I’ve been so incredibly nauseous. However, we are a 1 car family (not uncommon in the U.K.) so I ride my bike everywhere, usually with my toddler in tow. Or I walk everywhere. So at least I have that getting me moving everyday, a few times a day. I did place a bid on an aerobic step on eBay. Hopefully I win. I really love aerobic/stepping class and those kinds of workouts. So I plan on incorporating that and also some more dedicated walking. I really want to be better this pregnancy! I didn’t gain a ton per say with my daughter (around 40 lbs) but I’m really petite and I just looked like a huge stretched out swollen blob towards the end. I also really want to vbac and I know working out helps in your favor. I also plan to buy the spinning babies program to start once I hit 20 weeks. The program is similar to a gentle yoga-ish. With my daughter, I dilated to 10 and was pushing for 2 hours but she wouldn’t descend into my birth canal for some reason. I just want to do everything I can to get that pelvic region nice & open & loose!
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• I had grand intentions to do the prenatal barre program on Beachbody on Demand, but my SCH has put a damper on that. My OB has said once I've been spotting free for 5-7 days I can start to resume light activity. Let's just say we're on week 3 of brown spotting every time I wipe, so that feels like it will take a minor miracle to achieve. :) 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes