All Trimester Check-In week of 9/14 - Page 2 — The Bump
Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check-In week of 9/14

2»

Re: All Trimester Check-In week of 9/14

• @inthewoods23 welcome and congrats!! Your story sounds almost identical to mine this time around!! Was gearing up for a FET and decided to do GF and DF for the heck of it to see if it made a difference and while waiting for my cycle to start (and waiting and waiting) took a test. My first beta was only 39 and now I’m 33 weeks!! 

As for OB, you might want to start by asking around, seeing who is in network, or what hospitals are in network And seeing what OBs have rights/privileges there?
    [Deleted User]inthewoods23
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 Congratulations! I’m so excited for you! I don’t have any great advise about OBs. I asked friends and coworkers for recommendations. I think it’s important to have one that listens to you, takes the time to answer your questions, and is on board with your birth plan/preferences. You can also switch OBs at ANY time, if you don’t feel like it is a good fit. 
    inthewoods23
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, be prepared for your OB to NOT be the one that delivers the baby. So if they are part of a larger practice, try and see several of them. I ended up delivering at a completely different hospital than planned (early labor, trauma and L&D were full at my chosen hospital) so ended up with a dr I had never even met but everything ended up fine. 
    laurelew[Deleted User]