February 2021 Moms
Options

AW: Animal Edition

Let’s share pictures of our furry or feathered (or scaly or prickly etc) family members!

Re: AW: Animal Edition

• Options
    I generally can’t stand my dog lately because he’s always up in my son’s business (son’s fault entirely, since he loves to feed the dog any and all human food). But he’s still cute I guess and he’s always been very gentle and patient with my son. 

Here’s Finch (the brown pup on the left). He’s a 5 year old Vizsla mix. He’s really active as you can see. 😬

The dog on the right was my baby, Robin. She was a Great Dane mix who passed away from cancer two years ago, about a year after this picture was taken. She was the best dog I’ve ever had. ❤️
  • Options
    Yes I love pets!!! We have a 10 year mutt and a 6 year old vizsla, a crested gecko, a fish, and 25 chickens 😳

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have 8 chickens! A few that are similar to those in your pic :)
  • Options
    We have 2 cats. They are about 6 years old. Adopted from the same shelter but probably not siblings. Mostly white/orange is our boy who is lazy and loves to be near you and be pet and loves belly rubs. Calico is our girl who doesn’t take anyone’s sh!t and will beg for people food. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @birdiejo that’s terrifying! Was the dog always around kids, or was it really sudden? That’s one of my fears with my dog. He’s so patient and gentle, but it’s really hard getting my son to not bother the dog incessantly. I’m afraid my dog will someday get fed up and snap out of nowhere.
  • Options
    @birdiejo I'm sorry that happened with your dog ❤️ That bunny is really really cute!

PSA For those with dogs:
    -Always have a way for your dog to escape or take a break from kids.
    -Always practice nice/gentle petting and never let your child climb on/hug/get in your dog's face.
    -Model good behavior, if you wrestle with your dog your kids will try it too.
    -If your dog is stressed from things like fireworks, parties, storms,whatever... Be aware that they will have less patience for other things like kids
    -don't let your child play with the dogs food. Helping with feeding when older is ok with supervision
    - if you aren't familiar with or confident at reading dog body language, this is an excellent book with a lot of pictures

• Options
    @aaimee yay chickens!!! This spring I bought some speckled sussex and they are sooo pretty! We also hatched 9 chicks from the pictured chickens so that was an adventure 😂
  • Options
    @hannahbananas11 he’s been around since before our kids but he’d never really been into them. I never felt totally comfortable with them together so i was always there when they were around him but it was one of those moments where like everything just goes wrong. 

Since it’s been over a year, his scars have lightened and healed and he looks great. I think he was more traumatized by the ER. Of course I’m the one left with the memory of it til the end of time. 🤪
  • Options
    @manditchka24 😂 same! We always have at least one dog in the bed (that likes to walk off the end with all the covers) and sometimes two dogs
  • Options
    We also always have both cats on the bed as well. Luckily the girl cat sleeps with my H and the boy cat sleeps near the foot of the bed. I didn’t co sleep with DS and dont plan on it this time either. But also the cats avoid DS anyway. 
  • Options
    jumpy57 said:
    @aaimee yay chickens!!! This spring I bought some speckled sussex and they are sooo pretty! We also hatched 9 chicks from the pictured chickens so that was an adventure 😂
    Chickens are something else! We have 2 that are Golden Comets Mama's girl and Wilma, 3 that are Buffs Axle, Dunlop, and SnoCone, 2 Wyandottes Shimmer and Shine,  and an easter egger named Betty. We've never hatched though we had a chance last year when we had a rooster but apparently we aren't suppose to have a roo so we had to get rid of him.  
    We also have a 13yr old doxie named Shadow and a 9yr German Shepard mix named Cruiser. 
  • Options
     My puppers Shadow and Cruiser and the chicks.