April 2021 Moms

FFFC 9/11

What's your confession this Friday?!

Re: FFFC 9/11

• So I know this shouldn’t be a big deal, but it feels like one to me. I was vegan for 3.5 years, and then last year began occasionally eating eggs last fall. But this pregnancy I have eaten cheese pizza, a glazed donut and a cinnamon roll all with dairy in it! I’ve confessed this to my husband, who is also ovotarian and he doesn’t care and just says to eat what I can right now no matter what and my best friend. But I have to eat in shame and hide it because I can’t stand the questions from
    my family, especially one of my sisters who can’t help but make comments about our choice to be and raise vegan children anyway. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @theletlers not to make light of your situation at all because I'm sure you're feeling stressed about it BUT this reminds me of the episode of Friends where Phoebe is pregnant and says the only thing the baby wants is meat (but she's a vegetarian) so Joey agrees to not eat meat for her pregnancy so she can eat it and it evens out the world  :D I know easier said than done, but try to let yourself have a free pass to enjoy whatever makes you feel satiated right now! 
  • @juliebird6 hahahaha guilty of that 2 weeks ago!  

I packed my lunch, but I ordered Jimmy Johns because I really wanted a pickle. lol
  • I accidentally made the fanciest mac & cheese for lunch. I thought I had a block of cheddar to use but it's disappeared (I emptied the fridge almost in search for it) so I used the last of an opened bag of shredded italian blend (that we use on pizzas), 2 slices of gouda from DH's Panera sandwich yesterday that he asked to not have but they gave in a separate container on the side, some goat cheese (heated through since I can't shake the listeria concern even though it's pasteurized), and some broken up cheddar cheese sticks I buy for the kids. I also added some nutritional yeast b/c I didn't think I had enough cheese with that hodgepodge to be a full pound. But honestly, it's a little too fancy with the gouda and goat cheese (probably mostly the gouda). It's not hitting the spot like a block of cheddar would have. Still good though.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @theblondebump I know exactly the episode you’re talking about! I was thinking if it seems like I really am going to cave regularly maybe I could convince someone to give up their meat for me and be my Joey!
  • Lately, every time I cook, by the time I’ve put it all together, I have an aversion to it. So my SO has been taking over and I plan to milk it as long as I can ☺️ He’s an executive chef anyway but usually I cook because he works late. 

Also. Last night I had three bites of the most amazing swordfish I’ve ever had and didn’t feel the least bit guilty. I could have eaten the whole fish it was so good 
  • @Serenamarr deli meat for the win! I had a tuna sandwich yesterday and another one today... and I didn't even make them myself. I had the same craving my last pregnancy for spicy tuna sandwiches and survived so I'm feeling like it's going to be okay this time too!
  • @serenamarr my first craving of this pregnancy was a lunch meat! During the height of my nausea all i could stomach was deli meat on kings hawaiian rolls. Definitely not something i would have eaten during my first pregnancy, but i gave in this time around. 
  • @theblondebump that looks delicious! I just had some ice cream because I needed the cold to help my throat after vomiting today. 
  • @theblondebump welp now I require mint chocolate chip ice cream! 😍
  • @theblondebump that looks amazing!