September 2020 Moms
Options

September 11

I’m due on September 8th. Not dilated at all but my doctor mentioned scheduling an induction later next week, just in case.

Thing is, she is on call the night of 9/11, so she suggested I check in the evening of 9/10 to start the process of softening my cervix.

I’m now weighing my options of possibly/probably having baby on 9/11 and having my doctor present, or pushing the induction to avoid 9/11, with the risk that my doctor may not be there.

Ultimately, I just want a healthy baby. Maybe I’m being ridiculous but given the choice, I just don’t know if I want to give my baby a 9/11 birthday. He’ll never know the difference, but I feel like I’ll always think of 9/11. And no matter how you say it, September 11 or 9/11, I feel like it’s hard to forget.

The only cool thing is that 9+11=20 and he would be 9/11/20.

What would you do?

Re: September 11

• Options
    I wouldn’t choose 9/11 personally if I had a choice. But I also will be delivered by whatever midwife is on call so I don’t have a preference when it comes to that. Also. 9/11 only puts you at 40+3. Unless there’s a medical reason to induce why the rush? A lot of babies come after 40 weeks some closer to 41 (since it’s just an estimate) especially if it’s your first. Just my 2 cents. I would wait to induce until your body is more ready unless you have a reason to get the baby out ASAP. But as always listen to your doc’s recommendations especially if they have a concern. 
  • Options
    Is there a reason you need to be induced at thAt point? My OB will let me get to 41 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is no particular reason other than the fact she will be on call the night of the 11th. She said I can push back and I can go to 41 weeks. 

I guess it’s more whether I care that she is definitely there for delivery or not. 
  • Options
    So if you go into labor on your own at any time if she’s not on call you will have someone different? Or will she come into the hospital?  If she won’t be there whenever you go into labor on your own I’d say screw it to the induction unless you go really late. it sounds like she’s not on call often.