March 2021 Moms

September Plus Size Check-in

How far along are you?

Any struggles/triumphs?

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy?

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?

GTKY: Who is your favorite Disney character?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: September Plus Size Check-in

• How far along are you? 13 weeks today

Any struggles/triumphs? So my weight is technically fine so far but my diet is still so carb-heavy that I'm worried that i'll just blow up soon or my blood sugar will go nuts.  On the plus side, since my a1c was normal, I don't have to gestational diabetes screening until 28 weeks (hooray!). Hopefully by then I'll be able to eat meat again lol

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? Just trying to keep my weight gain minimal while also not obsessing over my weight (if possible lol)

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?  Are people buying from Target/Walmart in store or online? I feel like I wasn't quite taken by their online plus size maternity collections but also I'm not ready to spend pink blush type money on every day clothes lol

GTKY: Who is your favorite Disney character? Yikes... this one is tough! Growing up Aurora/Sleeping Beauty was my favorite, until Mulan came out and then it was Mulan... now, I don't know. We do watch a lot of Frozen and Moana because of my daughter and between those, I definitely really like Moana.  Oh, and can't forget Minnie Mouse lol!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• How far along are you? 13 weeks today as well!

Any struggles/triumphs? When am I going to show? and why am I eating popcorn like there's no tomorrow?

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? More walking... 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? Not really at the moment. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite Disney character? Since Disney now owns Marvel, I'm going to say Dr Strange. 

@manillabar I only have a few maternity pieces and they're mostly t-shirts from amazon and a couple pairs of pants from motherhood. Sweaters and things from my usual shopping places (Lane Bryant/Torrid) should have enough stretch. If I need more coverage, I will buy later. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kloe818 thanks.  For showing, I felt weird at first because I do tend to carry fat in my belly area in general, so once I hit around 13-14 weeks, as the uterus rose out of my pelvis, it kind of pushed all the rest of my belly fluff upwards, so my whole abdomen looked bigger but not in a way that felt realistic for the point I was in pregnancy, if that makes sense.  But by about 18 weeks or so I decided to embrace the half-baby/half-belly fat (+bloat) bump and wore a belly band to smooth it out a little, and rocked it as a full on bump from then on.  I do feel like I'm reaching that point a little earlier this time, though I'm still wearing loose tops so it's not really showing, but I'll probably just embrace it all as baby soon enough.  ...I don't know if that actually made sense lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

kloe818
  • @manillabar I guess that makes sense since I feel as though my flubber up top is more out there, but when I do measurements nothing is different lol.
    manillabar
  • How far along are you? 12+2

Any struggles/triumphs? I’m sure I’m still overeating, which is typical for me. Triumph is that I start my new job (RN in operating room) in two weeks so I am hoping that keeps me from eating all day, plus I’ll be on my feet.

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? I’d love to only gain 10lb. Not sure how realistic that is. I gained 40 in my first pregnancy, and I’m 12lb heavier now than i was at 9 months prego last time. So disappointed in myself. Trying to keep my steps over 10k a day at least. 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? I’m too tired to think of anything. 

GTKY: Who is your favorite Disney character? Hmm Maybe stitch? 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • How far along are you? 12w4

Any struggles/triumphs?
    - I lost a pound btw my 8 week and 12 week appointments, which blew my mind bc I’ve been eating nothing but carbs and barely exercising. 
    - My dr is really concerned about Gestational Diabetes, so I have to take the test at 16 weeks. Last time I had to take it 3 times  :| but never got it. I am 20 lbs heavier and 5 years older now though...
    - I’m only wearing maternity pants bc none of my normal clothes fit.
    - WHY ISNT IT FALL YET?!?!

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy?
    - Try to get back to exercising 3-4 times a week
    - Eat healthy - just say no to sweets! 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?
    - Not really a question, but an answer for @ma@manillabar - I ended up buying maternity pants from pinkblush and torrid. I HATE the pink blush ones. I got a pair of jeggings and black leggings from pinkblush and the fabric is super synthetic- I couldn’t even wear them the full day. I like the torrid ones a lot though - they are currently on sale for $20 and really comfy - like not wearing pants!

GTKY: Who is your favorite Disney character?
    - Ariel bc she is a mermaid 
    manillabar
  • @treebagel congrats on your new job!!! RN in an operating room is no joke. We got a badass mama over here!!! 
    treebagelmanillabar
  • @myfingerhurts good to know, maybe I'll check torrid!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017