Trying to Get Pregnant

Randoms: Week of 8.31-9.6

2»

Re: Randoms: Week of 8.31-9.6

• @inthewoods23  YAY!!!!  Although, kind of a let-down pic.  It's just not as 'exciting' as I thought it'd be.  There should be like balloons or 'congrats on making it to your expiration without being banned!!!!' celebration image or something!  
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness you're asking way too much of the BGs haha. My profile seems so bland now  :D
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 I know!  I don't even know how one deals with such bland-ness!!!  Here, I'll share mine so you can feel more at home.  :lol:

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness beautiful!  :D
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @capnjackharkness LOL we still call our IT the helpless desk :D I need to be better at understanding my paystub but totally agree that many of those who have trouble with it are the ones who lose out the most from that lack of understanding :(
  • @priyadoc Agreed!  I have had MANY a conversation with newer employees (usually the younger, fresher out of grad school ones), and interns/students/etc where I've talked to them generally about taxes and their pay stubs and their TSP.  I've even had a few ask if I'd look at their stub with them and explain the various taxes and things!!!  Which is great because I'm ALL for learning.  But like you said, this is all set up to be awful.  People who don't understand their pay stubs, will get more money that they may desperately need, and they spend it, NOT realizing they'll have to pay DOUBLE the amount back in a few short months, when I highly doubt that their situations will be that much different than they are now!  And they're not going to realize and it's going to just allow them to shoot themselves in the foot and dig their holes even deeper.  :disappointed:
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness Exactly, that's why I'm upset about this. Our OHRM actually did send out a message this morning, which I guess is something, but the information in it is pretty limited and if you don't understand what a "deferral" actually means their email won't really help you out there. In general I really wish we had better financial planning training earlier in the career path, it seems like it only pops up at "mid-career" at the earliest and even then is concentrated on retirement planning. 
  • @akoros We actually fought (and eventually won) to have someone from HR give us a financial planning and retirement seminar.  One specifically geared towards people in their 20s and 30s!!!  HUGE win!  AND the guy who did it was amazing (I think I still have the slides somewhere).  I mean, I personally already knew most of it, but it was reassuring to know that I was on the right path!  AND invaluable for all the newer hires we'd had post-sequestration that were mainly in their late 20s!  It sucks that all we get is "Retirement seminar, preference given to people 5 years or less from retirement."  I mean, no offense, but if you don't have your shit together and planned by then, you're pretty much SOL.  ALL financial people agree that getting in and investing EARLY is the only way to go really.  And yet, ALL our retirement/financial info was focused on people about ready to walk out the door.  :astonished:  So, it was amazing when we got something geared for us!  AND the fact that it was actually SO good was just... amazing.  
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @capnjackharkness That's awesome they were able to provide that for you! And so nice of you to go over stubs with newer hires. Totally agree about shooting in the foot. @akoros We got a message just now actually too, with a link to "FAQs" about it, but it was basically like "hey this is happening sorry you can't opt out." 
  • If someone has “featured photos” on Facebook, can they see who clicks on them? 

• *lurking*

@bows22 I have featured photos, and I don't see anywhere that shows me who has looked at them.
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @bows22 and @shamrocandroll (hi, btw!!!) What are featured photos?!?!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I would show you, but then creepers might creep on me.  :lol:

Basically on your FB profile, you can pick something like 12 photos as "highlights" of sorts, I guess?  So like, your wedding, your pets, a photo of your lunch... whatever means the most to you?  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll Interesting.... so sort of FB meets Myspace sort of thing?! haha
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• This showed up in my Google feed and I just have to share it

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54025997

I got lured in with title with the hidden secrets and researchers taking the tests apart, but it's actually about whether or not their cost is justified when it's just a paper test inside 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @shamrocandroll THANK YOU! I had forgotten I even did this and am so glad I won’t remember and be mortified later. FB stalking out of hand haha. I got scared because it has the bars at the top like a “story” does 
  • @inthewoods23 The most disturbing part of that story is that anyone would actually think there is a hidden plan B pill in a pregnancy test. Or that they would be using plan B at the same time of the month that they would be using a pregnancy test... I guess this logic is why we have peggys 
  • @fitzfizz we had talked about that some time ago. The plan B pill isn't some massive pill like this desiccant! Ridiculous. But you are so correct, this is why we have Peggys 😆
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Has anyone ever had an ovarian cyst rupture? If so, what did it feel like? We’re you in pain? We’re you sore to the touch the days after? 
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I haven’t had one, but I have treated them. They can be really painful, especially if the peritoneum (lining of the pelvic cavity) gets inflamed. It would not be abnormal to be tender to touch days after. Taking ibuprofen 600-800 mg three times a day could help. Did you have an ultrasound yet? 
  • @kpearse99 I hope you’re ok! Not sure if you’ve mentioned this anywhere else in the boards; if so, I missed it. I really hope this isn’t an issue you’re dealing with! 

My bestie had a ruptured ovarian cyst.She said she was in extreme pain & had to go to the ER. They did emergency surgery. She felt better in a few days. 
  • @fitzfizz and @keikilove I haven’t been to the doctor yet 😳 should I be going? At first I really wasn’t sure what it was and then I had a thought today that maybe that is what I was experiencing. I haven’t posted this anywhere else only here this morning. It started Thursday morning after DH and I had sex. Sex was a little uncomfortable (which has happened before so i didn’t think anything of it) after though I had some intense cramps that quickly went away but the rest of the day my lower abdomen felt very heavy and full. It got more uncomfortable as the day went on and was mostly sore on my left side. Went to bed and tossed and turned a lot but finally felt a bit better Friday morning. Woke up, went pee and was immediately in horrible pain for like 2 hours! Sharp intense cramps in my lower belly that wrapped around to my tailbone (literally there were times where it felt like a knife was being shoved into my bum 😳) the pain was so intense i almost threw up. I took Tylenol and kept a heating pad on all morning. The cramps finally subsided and I’ve been super sore and tender ever since. My muscles feel tight and it hurts to press on my belly and it’s kind of uncomfortable when walking or twisting my body.

Took a pregnancy test this morning just in case and it was a BFN so I know it’s not that. That’s when I started wondering about a ruptured cyst. What I’ve read online says you don’t need medical help unless you’re vomiting, dizzy or it gets worse 🤷🏻‍♀️ I guess I’ll call my doctor if I’m still sore over the next few days?

Sorry for the novel but any thoughts?! 😭🥴
    Our TTC Journey

• Ok I'm annoyed and irritated so I need to vent. So my DH and I had an appt yesterday night for our couples grief counseling together. It had been booked for a long time. We show up and there some other car there so we're like hmm weird..so we walk in and our therapist lady comes running out to the door from out back and she's has this weird look on her face. She goes to me: Do you have an appt for tonight? And I said yes, for 6pm. She says uhh, omg I totally forgot and I don't even have you written down in my calendar. I'm like ohh ok. She’s likes I’m soooooo sorry omg I can’t believe I did that. She looked soooo embarrassed. My husband handled it great and was like oh it’s ok, no problem. In my head I was not a happy camper. Anyways, she sent me an email that same night apologizing again and she said she figured out what happened. She had some client cancel an apt for that same day at 4:30pm. She erased them of her calendar and accidentally erased our appointment too at 6pm and forgot to re write us back in and then replaced our appt with some other person that day. 😡😩 not Impressed and I was very disappointed we didn’t get to go. She offered us 2 other different days we can come see her again but unfortunately can’t make either of those days. Grrr. Sorry I just needed to vent and get that out. 

• @kpearse99 omg friend. That sounds sooo horrible. I’m so sorry your going through all that pain. I hope it goes away and doesn’t come back. I hope you feel better soon.❤️  Sorry I don’t have much thoughts to what it could be. 
  • @mindyb2019 ugh that is extremely frustrating!! I am so sorry!! It sounds like she feels terrible, which she should, and is trying to make up for it. I hope you at least give her another chance. 
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 Wow, that sounds super painful!! I’m not sure what it could be but I would go see a doctor. I’ve had that same pain & heavy abdomen after sex that you described, but never the knife-stabbing pain. I wonder if it could be a kidney stone? Your description reminded me of what I heard from a couple of people when they had kidney stones. Whatever it is, I hope the pain disappears soon!

@mindyb2019 I’m so sorry that happened with your appointment! That is really disappointing after you were looking forward to it and you & YH made the effort to get there on time. I hope you will be able to reschedule, and that you will give the woman a second chance since it went so well with her the first time.

• @kpearse99 I definitely think you need to go to urgent care; this sounds more like kidney stone as @keikilove had suggested.

@mindyb2019 I am sorry that happened to you; I’m even more sorry / mad that the therapist didn’t bend backwards to offer you a time that worked for you after this snafu. Mistakes happen and it’s good to dig into it to figure out the issue. But what matters most is working to resolve that. I hope you manage to agree on a mutually convient time soon. 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @kpearse99 Agreed that is a possible kidney stone vs ovarian cyst. An urgent care may not be able to diagnose that though if they don’t have a CT scan. If the pain continues to be severe or if you have any dizziness, vomiting, or fever I would go to the ER. 
  • @kpearse99 I'm sorry you are in such pain. I hope you can get it figured out.

@mindyb2019 I'm so sorry about your appointment. That sucks! I feel like she should be trying hard to fit you in since she realized it was her mistake.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• @kpearse99 thanks for the update; I hope you’ll start to feel better soon.
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• Hey all -- there appears to be some inconsistencies between rules in the Ultimate Guide and the Dailies. In the rules, it says that 
    you do not need a TW for topics such as children, general pregnancy, etc.

whereas in the dailies it says that mention of LCs and pregnancies of others shouldn't be done unless in TW and pertinent to the conversation. Given that I told a new member to read the board rules after she mentioned LC (I'm feeling rather sheepish about that 😬), is this something we should get corrected? If yes, how does one go about it? 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• @acleverusername Unfortunately after lurking around for a while, reading the pinned threads, etc. it's important to note that the rules of the board and how the board functions seems to change every so often because of the groups of individuals that are on it (e.g., we have lots of individuals struggling with TTCAL and IF and not as many of us who are TFAS, so the mention of LC only in select threads or in spoilers when pertinent to the conversation is crucial to sensitivity for our current board members, but that may not have been the case when the pinned threads were created). I think the three-day no posting period that new members used to have gave them more time to lurk and familiarize themselves with the current setup of the board, but we still have former members who jump on and note that "this isn't how the TTGP community used to be" so there may be confusion. As far as what we can do to change it, I'm not sure. Making a new pinned thread that's updated to our current board structure may help, but who wants to take on that task (and will it actually be put up as the new pinned thread?) Definitely something to consider though!
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @acleverusername @ashaislurking I remember this came up before. Asha is exactly right that the ultimate guide was created before the shift in members & stricter rules about TW/LC/PG etc. I think it was a LOT of work to get the ultimate guide pinned to start with, and even more work to try to replace it. I say it’s no biggie personally, just keep directing people to read the rules in general & pay attention to what thread they’re posting in. People figure out the tone of the board fairly quickly once they start posting. 
  • Sounds good @keikilove @ashaislurking! Makes sense to me. :) 
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022