April 2021 Moms
Options

Maternity Clothes Thread

13»

Re: Maternity Clothes Thread

• Options
    @juliebird6 if you aren’t too big, I just usually stole some basic undershirts from DH to sleep in. Or you could just get a bigger size package of men’s ones. They are usually more square shaped than women’s so they aren’t so tight around the boobs! 

I guess sometimes I feel a little bloated but not really ready for any maternity pants. As we are living with family right now and most of my winter stuff was packed in a storage unit, I didn’t really feel like pulling out my regular winter clothes, so for sweaters/long sleeves I just started to wear some maternity ones out of simplicity. I’ve luckily been someone who is pretty much just a belly bump in previous pregnancies and never really had swelling anywhere else so luckily most of my existing pants are still good for another round of pregnancy! 
  • Options
    @juliebird6 I got a pair of loose maternity ph bottoms from pink blush that are my FAV!

These look like the current version: 
    https://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/collections/maternity-sleepwear-and-intimates/products/pinkblush-navy-floral-drawstring-maternity-pajama-pants
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Blanqi is having a 50-60% off sale on certain items. The everyday maternity leggings are 50% off and the hipsters are 60% off. There are tanks and dresses on sale too. 
  • Options
    My advice to FTMs is - don't go nuts!! You'll be surprised at the shirts, sweaters, and non-maternity leggings you'll still be able to wear. My first pregnancy was also an April baby so I feel like I'm set in terms of the seasonal clothes. 

I'd recco investing in:

1. a good pair of maternity jeans.  Last time around I had an over the bump pair that I always felt like were falling down and loose in the crotch. I just bought a pair of Ingrid & Isabel side panel jeans from Nordstrom (50% off) and love the look of them but omg - I wore them this weekend and they are SO low rise I feel like I can't bend over without falling out of them....my husband caught my whales tail about 5million times.  And with a toddler it's just not going to work so I feel like I should try to return them if I can find the tags. UGh. So @riff323 I didn't really answer the question but am also interested in a good denim recco....i think I need to find another side panel option to compare, but so far my full panel was better then the side panel. But still not great. 

2. good pair of leggings (I have the Stoq maternity ones that i LIVED IN last pregnancy) and I'm with you @theblondebump - I also lived in my Lulu Lemon Align leggings!  But the Lulu price is really atrocious...I actually found the best dupes on Aerie - currently they are on sale for $31!  They aren't quite as thick as the LuLu's, but honestly they are a pretty good dupe for the price. I'm wearing my black ones now!  https://www.ae.com/us/en/p/aerie/leggings/7-8-leggings/offline-real-me-high-waisted-legging/0491_5089_215

3. I second @kelseyhh recco of the extra panel for your winter coat.  I actually didn't even end up needing it last time but I doubt I'll be as lucky this time around.  They sell out fast so I wouldn't wait on this one if you are in a cold weather climate!  https://makemybellyfit.com/?currency=USD

• Options
    @emeraldisle17 make my belly fit looks cool! I think I'm going to order one. I can't figure out which kind I need though, so I e-mailed them. Did you get the universal one or the bellyfit one? 

Also, I'm jealous that you can still wear most of your pre-pregnancy tops! I can wear my loose sweaters, but that's about it with my ever growing breasts! My chest already isn't fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothing! 

Just ordered 4 new bras yesterday, going to work on some clothing items today. Good to know about the sales others have mentioned - thank you! 
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited October 2020
    I know this is a post partum recommendation, but I figured I’d put it here! There was a post in my local fb moms group last week about nursing tanks/tops. It made me go searching for my favorites when I was nursing the girls. 

They don’t have their own straps - you attach them to your nursing bra. I wore these things all the time! I preferred the two layer nursing method, so just a normal shirt on top and this nursing cami underneath. It made it much easier to do around others because my stomach stayed covered, which made me more comfortable. 

ETA I’ll be buying these again. I gave mine away. 😭😂

Undercover Mama Black and White Nursing Tank Bundle for Breastfeeding, Pregnancy https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNGWIJ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_S.mMFbA8VN34N
  • Options
    I also preferred to use tanks under regular shirts for nursing.  I had "nursing" tanks, but I found the cheap spaghetti strap tanks I got from Amazon that were not meant for nursing worked just as well for me.  They are stretchy enough to easily pull down and I didn't have to fiddle with any clips.  I didn't even unclip the nursing tank clips after a while.  I bought basically no nursing specific clothing other than a couple of tank tops (which again, I don't think I needed) and had no issues.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kadeephd I found the same thing to be true. The only things I bought that were actually for nursing were bras. I was still working full-time in an office when DD was born, so I needed padded cups with underwires under my nice work clothes. Otherwise, my normal clothes worked just fine with an extra layer.
  • Options
    Oh man @bblair24 @kadeephd I LIVE in nursing tanks for like 6 months (to a year, really!) - tho I will say I found 1 in particular that I liked and so I bought 2-3 and they're the only ones I use:
    https://www.cakematernity.com/products/toffee-nursing-tank
    I found that quality made a huge difference - I had a crappy one from somewhere and it sucked and got all stretched out. 
    @riff323 100% agree - with my first 3 I needed padded cups with underwires for work clothes so I definitely shifted to those BUT I pumped at work 3x a day so often I'd just wear one of those bras UNDER a nursing bra (just so that I didn't totally have to strip down to pump!!)