March 2021 Moms

PGAL check in 8/24

Do we think a monthly thread would work better than weekly since people aren't commenting often (and since I keep forgetting lol)?

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. ((Please feel free to share your loss story if you haven’t already.)) Also a general TW (trigger warning) in that previous losses will likely be discussed in this thread.

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: PGAL check in 8/24

• How far along are you? 11w6d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?  symptoms wise, like I mentioned in the other thread, nausea is getting better, food aversions are not. Also fatigue is not getting better either.  Emotionally I'm excited for the next US and also nervous. Really really hoping everything is still ok. This is the first pregnancy I have had no spotting whatsoever, and while that is reassuring, I still think about all the things that could possibly go wrong.  I'm in a loss group on facebook but I think I need to mute it for a while because all the stories are a little triggering, I think. 

Any upcoming appointments? NT scan this Friday, OB phone appt next Tuesday

GTKY: Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon? hmmm... I would say the ocean, because my favorite animal is the dolphin, and there's so much you can do in the water! What can you even do on the moon besides float? 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• How far along are you? 9 weeks

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I'm feeling very queasy and exhausted, and the anxiety just hit a breaking point over the weekend. I had a complete meltdown, convinced myself something was very wrong, etc. I'm feeling better now, but I'm very ready for another ultrasound!

Any upcoming appointments? Scan on 9/1 to check on my SCH

GTKY: Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon? Probably on the moon, I would hate to constantly be all pruney in the ocean!
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Loading the player...
  • @manillabar Maybe we should move to a monthly? Although then the thread may just die unless we keep reviving it. I also think I've been getting triggered by some other groups I'm in and people I follow on instagram. I keep reminding myself that just because the bad things happened before does not mean they will always happen, but clearly I'm still talking myself off a ledge on a regular basis haha. Maybe it's time for me to do some hiding from my feed! 

kloe818
  • Do we think a monthly thread would work better than weekly since people aren't commenting often (and since I keep forgetting lol)? I'm good with monthly.

How far along are you? 12 weeks today

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Symptoms are coming and going but I seem to be pulling that round ligament whenever I sneeze which is amusing and painful at the same time (I literally sneezed while contemplating the question and pulled that darn thing). I have an ultrasound tomorrow. I feel like with my first pregnancy 10 years ago I could feel my uterus as a solid thing inside me (not from the outside but kinda like how you can feel a big fart coming). I don't feel that this time. The previous pregnancy was 13.5 weeks when baby's heartbeat stopped and I found out at 15 weeks. Earlier this year was my loss at 8.5 weeks. I feel good about having beat the shorter pregnancy but I'm scared about beating the longer pregnancy and then it's all new territory for me. 

Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow I have my 12 week checkup and I believe this is the official NT scan? Someone? 

GTKY: Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon? Ocean. Though I suppose the moon would make me lighter. Ocean. It's pretty. 
    redselig
  • @mvt2003 ooh good point I didn’t think about getting pruney lol!

I feel like I keep wanting to let myself be reassured by the fact that everything has been good so far and then I read a post in one of my other groups about later losses and it just hikes my anxiety all the way up again. 

@kloe818 it might be your NT scan, some OB offices do it themselves but mine sends us to the MFM office for the NT scan and anatomy scan. I would check with your OB to be sure. Once you make it past the next milestone, it may be new territory but we’ll be here for you!! 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

mvt2003kloe818
  • How far along are you? 11w2d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)?  Symptoms are improving I think. I’d say every other day I have nausea now. I am feeling optimistic but I still have those worries that something is wrong or will go wrong. Starting to think that feeling will never go away at least until i can feel baby moving consistently. 

Any upcoming appointments? In about a week at 12w4d I have another US just to check for growth and heart beat. NIPT this week. Genetic televisit tomorrow since I’m a carrier of beta thalassemia and we don’t know if DH is too. So the genetic visit is really just to get a RX to get him tested. 

GTKY: Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon? Probably in the ocean. Moon seems boring. 
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • @manillabar I also keep seeing trigger worthy stories both on facebook and tiktok, and it just makes me so anxious. 

• How far along are you? 10w

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? My anxiety has been relatively low, which has been really nice. My symptoms are up and down.

Any upcoming appointments? I have my first ultrasound tomorrow and part of me is really excited and part of me is just super anxious. With my daughter, I remember always being excited for upcoming appointments, but the day of I would be an absolute wreck. I remember breaking down crying waiting to hear the heartbeat because I was so anxious. Really trying to stay off of that rollercoaster this time. 

GTKY: Would you rather live in the ocean or on the moon? Ocean, for sure!! 
    juliebeannn
  • @manillabar So it's apparently 16 weeks at my clinic and then the anatomy scan is 18 at MFM. Still awaiting my NIPT results. 12 week appointment today was a basic heartbeat check and I got to see baby wiggling around and doing flips on the handheld and I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time....that was amazing. I've never heard it before and this is my 3rd go-round. That was beautiful. 
    manillabarclevans1