April 2021 Moms
Options

Healthy Habits/Fitness Check-In w/o 8/24

What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

What's a "small win" you have from last week?

GTKY: what is the most recent book that you have read for fun?

Re: Healthy Habits/Fitness Check-In w/o 8/24

• Options
    A few: trying to keep my water intake high, trying to keep up my habits of daily pilates + daily walks, and then trying to grab healthy foods instead of carb-junk when I'm feeling queasy.

Just general queasy-ness. Makes me want to curl up on the sofa and eat bread or pasta haha - NOT do the above things!

I did manage to get pilates in almost every single day!

I'm an avid reader! Mostly chick lit haha. I just finished The Mother-in-Law. Just soso! Before that I read The Accidental Beauty Queen and it was super cute. Currently reading Queen Bee (cute so far), listening to HP #5 on audio book, and reading The Book Whisperer with a momma book club, 
  • Options
    @kelseyyh hows it going this week!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot those are excellent accomplishments!

What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? I am focusing on eating more regularly; I'm going for 6 small meals per day, getting back to spinning, and continuing to go on walks. The food is going better this week after I figured out some things that don't upset my stomach. The spinning went well yesterday, and the walks have been going great. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I am so freaking tired I don't want to do anything! But I do feel better when I eat more regularly and after spinning. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I talked to my therapist on Saturday, which helped me with some of of anxiety. *TW I had a loss at 4w3d last year, and it has taken us a year to get pregnant again. I have just been so worried about losing this pregnancy that I was a little bit of a struggle monster last week END TW*

GTKY: what is the most recent book that you have read for fun? Hmm..I am usually an avid reader like @goldpolkadot but I haven't been doing a great job of reading (on non pregnancy/TTC sites) lately. I read Beach Read and Big Summer about 3 weeks ago, and they were both fantastic! I'm definitely an HP fan, but I havent tried the audiobooks.  
  • Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited August 2020
    I need to drink more water and less soda. I reach for soda when my stomach is upset but I know that’s not a good choice. I also need to find healthier foods to settle my stomach!

So my biggest struggle is that I exercised very consistently for 30-45 minutes a day and stopped the day of my positive pregnancy test and haven’t done it since. Oops 😬 I know I need to get back to doing something active. I was doing a Pilates/barre program and I’m just not sure what I can do now. I actually avoided this thread last week because I felt so guilty for slacking off!

Last week I made it a goal to drink a bottle (16 oz) every morning during school. I’ve found that if I drink more water earlier in the day it helps me feel better. 

The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines. I almost never read...I just don’t make it a priority, which is sad because I love reading! I read that one while we were at the beach, though. 
  • Options
    What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? Continuing my spin and yoga workouts and doing daily meditation. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I feel like no matter how much stretching and "relaxing" I do, my muscles are so tight making my neck and back hurt. Also I'm just tired and want to cuddle up in bed and turn my brain off all day. Basically, i'm just on the struggle bus this week, but i'm sure it will get better!

What's a "small win" you have from last week? I did some sort of exercise every day last week! 

GTKY: what is the most recent book that you have read for fun? Where the Crawdads Sing... I liked it, it was an easy read. I have stacks of books waiting for me to read... but i keep falling asleep haha
  • Options
    Tracking exercise & what I eat! I am officially starting today. This is super helpful, because on Sunday I will have a clear picture of how my week was. Some weekends I’m soo hard on myself thinking I did nothing, when really I did a short workout more days than not. 

My little baby has me motivated! I want to be healthy for him/her. 

While doing a prenatal upper body workout (Robin Long), the knee push ups felt easier! Maybe for some of you knee pushups are child’s play - but this Mamma is still getting whipped into shape & that was awesome :)

I read The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingslover & the sequel. It was kinda heavy. I read it because some friends wanted to. 

Do people have success reading on the treadmill / exercise bikes? I just watch tv aha.
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    @kelseyyh when I used to walk on the treadmill at work I could read! But any more movement than that & I’d have a hard time 😆

@cagncoo12 I loved Crawdads!

@bblair24 love me some chip & Jojo!

@bbrahmbhatt I’m going to look those up! And the HP audiobooks are so fun to listen to! Highly reco!
  • Options
    @kelseyyh I totally read on the treadmill. I macgyver a set up with my treadmill and kindle so it’s eye level and all I have to do is swipe. 

still trying to stay the course with choosing fruit or something healthy and continuing running as much as possible for as long as I can.

Struggling so far because we are on vacation so I’m not even trying to exercise until we get back on Thursday.

I ran three times and two of them were 5 milers.

I read a LOT. Currently reading The Vanishing Half and it’s good so far!
  • Options
    I cannot read on the treadmill (although honestly, I hate the treadmill but would love a peloton - still don't think I could read)

What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? I'm focusing on my core and SPD work right now

What has you motivated or struggling this week? Waiting on the air purifier to do any cardio. It's put a huge damper not to be able to run outside and then it was so bad we could tell on Sunday that some smoke was in our apartment so I have not been doing any cardio to make sure I'm not taking in any more air than I need to. Once we get the purifier I'm hoping to start again.

What's a "small win" you have from last week? The fires got bad around Wednesday and I did great transitioning to prenatal workout videos. Hoping that the Sunday/Monday off of cardio I can make not a habit and get right back into it today if the air purifier arrives early enough.

GTKY: what is the most recent book that you have read for fun? I just finished The Royal We. It was recommended by a mom in my first BMB and it was pretty good for chick lit (I enjoy chick lit but some of it is bad...I'll still read it but wouldn't necessarily admit to it and this was a good one).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @goldpolkadot I forgot to say, but thanks for tagging me! That was so sweet! 

@kvh22 I’m glad I’m not the only one. I can’t read while walking lol. I don’t run/jog much so that’s out of the question aha. 

Ladies I’ve done a HITT workout two days in a row - woot (emkfit on youtube). Now munching trail mix before I deal with my disaster of a house 😬. The true workout of the night!
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    @kelseyyh 🥰
    And cleaning as a workout, isn’t that the TRUTH? On vacuuming days I’m always shocked how many steps I get just moving all over the house & I always work up a sweat 😅
  • Options
    I just finished a short Beach Barre Cardio workout (Robin Long) 👊🏻  It’s always hard to get started but feels so good afterwards! 🙌🏻
  • Options
    What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going?: I'm trying to focus on getting the necessary nutrients and macros this week! Went on a huge shopping trip yesterday - hoping the nausea that started yesterday doesn't render all that food superfluous!

What has you motivated or struggling this week?: I'm struggling with insomnia and fatigue during the day so I feel like I'm always tired. I usually get up and take my dog for a 3 mile walk first thing in the morning, but I've had zero motivation to get out of bed these days. I've successfully taken one peloton ride and did some yoga last night, so I'm counting those as wins, but I'm definitely struggling with not feeling as "fit" as I did a few weeks ago. 

Feeling motivated by my diet changes though! I'm usually pretty healthy, but I'm working on taking it to a new level for the bebe. 

What's a "small win" you have from last week?: I went hiking a few times while I was on vacation in Montana! With the elevation, it was a bit of a struggle, but I did it!

GTKY: what is the most recent book that you have read for fun?: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi - would definitely recommend! 
  • Options
    Air quality was "fair" today (goes back to poor tomorrow and Friday) So I got out for my first run in a week. It now takes me 45 minutes to do 3 miles with the jogging stroller if I'm making sure that I can "carry on a conversation" (which I've noticed from my fitbit should be under 160bpm). I did nothing on Sunday, my SPD exercises 2 days ago, and just a short prenatal yoga flow last night so I'm happy to be back in cardio with better air quality (and our air purifier is making me feel better).

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 ugh the sucky air quality makes it so HARD!! I'm so sorry!!
  • Options
    What habits/goals are you focusing on this week? How are they going? I am still macro counting and exercising 6 days a week. So far ok, just don’t feel as strong as I did. And it’s hard for me to get in all the macros my coach recommended. I was working with a nutrition coach prior to this to tone up but think I will keep her as I move through my pregnancy.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I’ve been trying to wake up early and work out. It seems I’m not as tired in the afternoon if I get it done early.

What's a "small win" you have from last week? Got all my workouts in and stayed on my food plan.

GTKY: what is the most recent book that you have read for fun? I have not read anything fun in over a year. I love reading but just don’t make time for it. I should.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I want to ease back into exercise, even if it's just doing a scenic ride on the peloton

I'm just so tired. I feel so wiped that it almost makes me nauseous and then I can't picture working out. Makes me sad because I LOVE working out and it really centers me. Keep reminding myself this will pass and it was the same with with my son!

slightly less nauseous!

I can't even remember-- isn't that sad!!