April 2021 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday 8/24

Alright, what's on the menu this week? And if the thought of meal planning/cooking is totally grossing you out, what are your plans to feed the other people in your house?

Re: Meal Plan Monday 8/24

• Options
    I'm still planning...and cooking. It's getting way harder (to both THINK about food AND cook it) but with 3 kiddos + DH....they need food and we're still on a budget so eating out every meal isn't an option LOL

Here's our plan:
    Monday - baked ziti (that I made last week so it's a win for just being able to pop in the oven!) + garlic bread
    https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11688/baked-ziti/
    Tuesday - brisket (made by DH's coworker - we made his family our famous meatloaf a few months ago and this is their repayment...perfect timing!) + mashed potatoes + canned GBs
    Weds - black bean burgers over salad (I think these got bumped from my menu last week)
    https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11831/black-bean-burger/
    Thurs - curry chicken over rice & broccoli (costco for the win yall - both the chicken and broccoli are from there and frozen)
    https://sukhis.com/product/chicken-coconut-curry-4/
    Fri - pizza & salad
  • Options
    The thought of full meals, let alone the smell, is just too much for me. I made MH taco filling yesterday, which should last him for ~3 days. We have grilled flank steak and a tortellini salad in the fridge too, but he is trying to get back on the healthy eating wagon after my complete lack of cooking derailed him last week. I will probably make him turkey burgers later in the week. He's not used to eating the same thing for so many days in a row, so this could get interesting. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot I'm impressed. We did spaghetti and meat sauce yesterday and have leftovers of that for lunches. We have sunbasket and home chef meal kits this week (first time doing both but I'm so excited). DH can cook with a recipe if I watch the kids so I'm here for it.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Can anybody share what they do for lunches? I feel like my lunches are never satisfying / balanced enough & I don’t feel satiated till supper. Maybe I can’t handle the pressure of 3 proper meals a day 🤪 (I eat a lot aha, just not really the most filling foods). 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    Su: air fryer copycat chik fil A, sautéed spinach, air fryer fried pickles 
    M: chicken wraps with leftover chicken, roasted corn, fruit 
    T: grilled carne asada, chopped southwestern salad, rice 
    W: carne asada burritos with beans / rice 
    R: sheet pan veggies and chicken sausage 
    F: flatbreads 
    S: orange chicken / fried rice 

not sure how I’ll feel about all this. Couldn’t stomach lunch today (tuna sandwich) so I just had tomato soup and a slice of bread. 

• Options
    cagncoo12cagncoo12 member
    edited August 2020
    I'm so impressed with you guys. I'm inspired by your menus... so maybe i will feel up to cooking something tomorrow. 

My goal for the week is to make some food so DD and DH aren't living off of chicken nuggets, pizza and watermelon all week. 
  • Options
    I’m making whatever is in the hello fresh box!  I inadvertently forgot to skip a week in March and I never turned it back off again.  It’s been great during covid, it was a happy mistake.

Tonight was salmon and couscous
    Tuesday will be Szechuan pork noodles Wednesday is a vegetarian pasta
    Thursday will be takeout since I work late Friday who knows at this point 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    I don’t have a meal plan. I had just gotten back in to meal planning consistently and BAM pregnant. 😂 One thing that I do like to do (and did last week) is make these egg cups for breakfast. I freeze them and then reheat them every morning. The website for the recipe is a keto thing, which I don’t follow. I just feel better if I eat low carb, I don’t digest heavy carbs very well!

https://lifemadeketo.com/low-carb-breakfast-egg-muffins/
  • Options
    @kelseyyh I struggle with lunches too! Unless I plan intentionally I so easily fall into just snacking and then I end up hungry mid-afternoon & again when the kids are eating dinner 🤦🏼‍♀️ My best bet is making myself the same lunch that I send with DH (usually leftovers) - so I box up 2 portions the night before. If that’s not an option for whatever reason, my go-tos are: chicken/tuna salad on salad with avocado, avocado toast, turkey sandwich, etc. DH always needs lunch tho so more often than not we specifically plan stuff for lunches (like grilling a batch of chicken & veggies on the weekend and then boxing up for the week). 
  • Options
    @slord33 I loved Hello Fresh! It was my fav of all the boxes we tried!
  • Options
    @rexnie, right? I'm going through our menus for the meal kits and not much looks appetizing. No chicken selected in the next 3 weeks - and tuna reminds me a lot of chicken lol. Shrimp paella last night was fine, though.

@kelseyyh I honestly haven't done big lunches for a few years (since I started working from home more frequently) and tend to do small snacks throughout the day. Yogurt with fruit and nuts, eggs, banana w/ PB/AB, something dipped in hummus are all frequent and could even be all included to get me through to dinner. "Small frequent meals" is definitely a pregnancy thing but I think I've loved it and since I have access to my kitchen all day, in theory, that's what I try to do. Granted, on busy days (whether I'm working or just home with the kids) I'll go too long without getting a snack and eat too little so I now need to force myself to do it more.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    M: Burrito bowl from Chipotle
    T: Leftover Chipotle with rice, veggies, tofu that I have on hand
    W: Veggie pasta
    R: Sweet potato hash
    F: Pizza
  • Options
    kelseyyh I have to plan ahead for lunches or I ended up eating crap since days are so hectic with everyone being home and trying to work. Lately I have been making a big batch of rice, roasted veg and some sort of bean soup on Sundays. This week was a split pea dal. I'll eat that at least 3 days and big salads or leftovers the other two days. 

Monday we got our air fryer and I made chorizo and potato empanadas with a pepper jicama salsa
    Today hubs is making his homemade pizza. 
    Wed I'll try out some chicken wings in the air fryer and thats all I have planned for the week so far. 
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot which other ones did you try and how did you like them?
  • Options
    @slord33 dinner-wise you mean? So far we've made everything on the list! Black bean burgers tonight and they are seriously SO good!!!