April 2021 Moms

PGAL Check in Week of 8/24

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. ((Please feel free to share your loss story if you haven’t already.)) Also a general TW (trigger warning) in that previous losses will likely be discussed in this thread.

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: Favorite vacation spot?

Re: PGAL Check in Week of 8/24

• How far along are you?  
    6 weeks, 3 days.

I’m really nervous today. My pregnancy with DS I was so sick, and I don’t really feel much yet. Honestly I am feeling similar to when I had my loss - lack of symptoms. I know that means absolutely nothing...and there’s no reason for me to expect another loss...but I just feel anxious. I’m still happy at the same time, I just feel slightly like it’s not real?? 

Any upcoming appointments? 
    Bloodwork on Mondays & Thursdays.
    Doctor 09/09 Ultrasound 09/14

GTKY: Favorite vacation spot? Camping I suppose! 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• @kelseyyh maybe you will get lucky and have a smooth-sailing pregnancy this time! I am so nervous/fearful of another loss too, so I know it's so much easier to say than do, but try to relax. I've been listening to calming music and I talked with my therapist on Saturday, which was really helpful. I hope you get some good news to allay your fears soon. FX for you that all is well <3

How far along are you? 5w0d today 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? I have more symptoms than I did with my loss, so that is reassuring to me. Emotionally/mentally I am doing a bit better than last week. I am starting to allow myself to feel excited rather than just fearful. I am working on trying to focus on being hopeful rather than fearful. I'm still nervous, of course, but I am also able to enjoy it a little more. 

Any upcoming appointments?  First visit 9/21 at 9w0d

GTKY: Favorite vacation spot? I love Mexico, or anywhere where I can lie on the beach and relax, but I also like quiet, scenic areas like lakes and mountains. 

• Loading the player...
  • bblair24bblair24 member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? 4w5d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Exactly like @kelseyhh said, I feel like I don’t have “enough” symptoms as compared to pregnancies with my daughters. I keep trying to tell myself that this pregnancy might just be easier on me. I definitely don’t feel great, but I don’t feel as bad as I think I should feel. I realize how crazy that sounds! I wish I could get in for blood work or something that would help me know everything’s okay. 

Any upcoming appointments? September 14th is my first. It seems so far away right now! 

GTKY: Favorite vacation spot? The beach! I grew up going to Myrtle but DH and I have explored some of the smaller, less tourist-y NC coast beaches and I love them. They’re quiet and beautiful! 
  • @bblair24 September DEFINITELY seems so far away! My first appointment is September 21, which seems like FOREVER. I asked my OB if there was anything else to be done to monitor given my prior loss, but she said that there was nothing to do until the first visit. I am still anxious, so I am planning one last round of tests this afternoon, just to make sure that line is continuing to darken. I hope that this is just a peaceful pregnancy for you <3 
  • @bbrahmbhatt thank you! ❤️ I don’t blame you for testing again! I did last week. I would again but I ran out of tests haha! I hate the waiting game. I know an OB can only do so much right now...I just wish there was more of something. 
  • How far along are you? 5w 3d

I was just starting to feel excited and then I had spotting, so it's been a long weekend. I thought it was over for sure. I love that I can message nurses at my hospital with little questions and that I can take another quantitative HCG today to make sure everything is ok. I'm so nauseous I think that's a good sign, my boobs hurt so so bad, and I'm so tired. 

Any upcoming appointments? Quantitative HCG today, ultrasound 9/9 and appointment 9/10. I keep telling myself that if I just need to make it to the ultrasound. My missed misscarriage didn't have an ultrasound until 12 weeks and baby measured 8 with no hb. 

GTKY: Favorite vacation spot?
    San Francisco, I love San Fran, it's beautiful, good food, great coffee. 
  • @bblair24 I’m sorry that you can’t get in for blood work. I don’t know if my doctor does this will all women who are PGAL. The nurse at the office just told me I would be when I called saying I was pregnant. Being in Canada changes things too, as I don’t pay fees for the doctor or ultrasound etc. We are both still early in our first trimester though, perhaps the hard hitting symptoms are to come lol. 
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• @kelseyyh that’s true, we are early on! Part of me is glad to not have the symptoms and part of me wants them for my mental health haha. I feel like such a crazy person! 
  • edited August 2020
    How far along are you? 6w4d

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? My nipples are super tender. It's so painful to nurse. I have vague to moderate nausea, but only if I'm hungry or just ate. My sense of smell isn't all that hugh, but allergies are killer this year. Emotionally... Detached. That's the best way to describe it. With so few symptoms, I feel like I'm just waiting to miscarry. It's stupid. I had no symptoms at all with DD, except sore boobs. And I had a ton of symptoms with my loss. PGAL BRAIN SUCKS. 

Any upcoming appointments? I, um... Should get on that. I don't want early ultrasounds or blood work, so I just want to wait as close to 8w as possible. I've had a misdiagnosed miscarriage.. Which led to unnecessary stress... Due to have one too early, and I had a roller-coaster of yes no with my loss, that only finally resolved when I naturally miscarried. 

GTKY: Favorite vacation spot? California, the LA area. Most of my extended family is there.