1st Trimester

Lisinopril 1st Trimester

Hey yall!
We thought we were done with two kiddos; and so I was put on Lisinopril for HBP. I recently just got pregnant and was immediately taken off of it; but was still taking it for the first 6weeks of pregnancy before I found out. Anyone else been on Lisinopril in their first trimester? Was everything okay with baby? I’m terrified that our little one will be affected by the Lisinopril.

Re: Lisinopril 1st Trimester

• Hey yall!
    We thought we were done with two kiddos; and so I was put on Lisinopril for HBP. I recently just got pregnant and was immediately taken off of it; but was still taking it for the first 6weeks of pregnancy before I found out. Anyone else been on Lisinopril in their first trimester? Was everything okay with baby? I’m terrified that our little one will be affected by the Lisinopril.
    What did your doctor say when he took you off of lisinopril?  He or she should have been able to answer your concerns right then and there.  Otherwise call your office and talk to the nurses line and express your concern. 
  • He said that there’s a chance for a defect, specifically pertaining to cardiovascular or kidneys; but the most recent study is old; and that we have the option to stop the pregnancy and try again later or continue with it.  He also said he’s had about 20 patients with a similar circumstances and their babies came out okay.  My fear, after reading up on the study, is that it seems very controversial. There’s conflicting evidence that Lisinopril actually caused a birth defect if taken in the first trimester. And I was mostly looking for hopefully more positive outcomes from other moms/families.