Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+: 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not?

Re: All Week Check-In 8/23/20

• Options
    12/8, 24w5d

FTM/STM/STM+: 
    FTM with bonus kids 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 
    Team Green

A cantaloupe, I think?

Upcoming appointments: 
    OB regular visit and probably glucose screening on 8/31

How are you feeling: 
    Pretty good. Finally yeast infection free 🎉 But now the heartburn has become next level. Baby is moving around like a crazy person and having non-stop dance parties / workouts but I’m not complaining about that at all. I love feeling it!

Rants/Raves: 
    Yesterday while I was running with my dog, a guy was walking around my neighborhood with his dog unleashed and he had headphones in. His dog came right up to mine as we went by (I also ran in the street to avoid getting too close) and he didn’t even care! It just makes me so angry when dog owners behave that way. What if my dog felt threatened? What if they started to fight because one is on leash and one is off? Not only could the dogs get hurt but I could get hurt. And we’d have to get all close to each other and breathe on each other to break them up. AND you probably wouldn’t even be able to hear it bc you have headphones in. I was fuming. People like that do not care about their pets and it kills me.

Questions:
    I don’t think so!

I 100% believe humans aren’t / haven’t been / wont be the only intelligent life in the universe. However, the fact that we’ve only been around a blip of time in the grand scheme of the universe makes me skeptical that we’d ever meet. The dinosaurs were around longer than we’ve been (which blows my mind). We’d both have to be alive and have the technology / desire to travel through space at the same time and be close enough in the big huge universe to reach each other. Just too many odds against it sadly (or maybe not sadly?)
  • Options
    @laurenspdx so glad to hear the yeast infection is under control! Also, I completely agree with the sentiment about allowing a dog to roam free off leash. It is not OK and shows lack of responsibility and care for the dog and others. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: his hand is the size of a lego figure. 

Upcoming appointments: GD screen in about three weeks. 

How are you feeling: I’m slowing up! I feel a big shift towards carrying the extra weight and swelling this week. I had the first time where I almost didn’t feel safe in the shower today. I forgot how much these little ones mess with balance and mobility! 

Rants/Raves: this is a combo- but more positive then anything. It’s been a hard 5
    months really sticking to our family staying home, juggling 2 full time jobs and taking care of DD, but I’m feeling so fortunate we have this option. Also, I have been pretty impressed with my students’ resilience and flexibility! 

Questions: Nope! 

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Some form yes, I think we have enough evidence water exists in other places and there is just so much we haven’t seen to be able to rule it out. Intelligent life, concurrently while we’re here- who knows. If someone else if out there... I’m feeling like 2020 would be the year for them to make contact 😅 
    But really, I agree with @laurenspdx on this one. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: EDD 12/29 21w + 5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Kool-Aid Burst! 

Upcoming appointments: OB on 8/26

How are you feeling: I'm having issues sleeping.  My hips hurt if I'm in one position for too long and I end up on my back.  I'm probably going to buy a pillow-top mattress pad to see if that helps a bit.  My pregnancy pillow just isn't cutting it this time.

Rants/Raves: I found out I made it past the first round for promotion consideration this year.  I probably won't find out if I get it until after the baby is born lol.

Questions: N/A

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Sure, the universe is way too big to consider otherwise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue: PINK

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: banana 

Upcoming appointments: Fluids Monday, follow up from the mess last week on Thursday. 

How are you feeling:  Honestly, pretty terrible. I had a bad kidney infection kick off pre-term labor last week. Thankfully, it didn't progress and the hospital was able to stop it, but I ended up admitted for a couple of days. I still feel super crappy, and I am paranoid about her being okay now. 

Rants/Raves: I'm so behind at work after unexpectedly being out the second half of the week. And, I'm exhausted and just not feeling like doing it. I'd had a couple of good days with the vomiting, but today was not one of them.  

Questions:

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Sure I guess. 

@karmba congratulations! That is the first step!
    @jchpg This has been so hard with older kids / quaratine. I'm also feeling like I popped this past week!
    @laurenspdx That drives me crazy. My dog LOOKS super cute and loves people and any dogs smaller than her, but she was attacked by a rotty she used to live with (a lot apparently) so she panics and get aggressive with any dog bigger than her - she's a corgi we rescued. Like... You never know. 

• Options
    @jchpg Oh my gosh you’re totally right about this being the year they come 😂😂. Also, same on the balance. I actually took a little fall forward while running and I was so front heavy that I could catch myself with my foot. Thankfully I landed very softly on my hands.

@karmba I hear you on the hips! I’m up like every hour flipping back and forth. No fun 😕

@the_road_to_oz I hope you keep recovering well! So glad you’re home and getting better.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23+2 12/18

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Coconut

Upcoming appointments: 9/8 for normal appointment and growth scan

How are you feeling: The best I've felt yet! I've been back on the Peloton and working out. 

Rants/Raves: Nothing really!

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Yes in the Carl Sagan the universe is way too big for it to only be us kind of way. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12/11, 24+2

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: cantaloupe? He feels a lot bigger.

Upcoming appointments: GD test and ultrasound 9/24

How are you feeling: huge, hot and hangry

Rants/Raves: as a combo rant/rave, we enrolled DD in a daycare program that’s a lot smaller than our last one so less exposure, hopefully. I’m so happy she’ll be around other kids her age, but still super worried about her and really everyone.

Questions: anyone else have itchy legs? Maybe a better question for the symptoms thread.

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Yes, it’s way to huge and random out there for it just to be us.

@karmba Congrats on passing the first round! 

@laurenspdx I totally agree about unleashed dogs! So inconsiderate (and downright stupid). 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23 weeks tomorrown

FTM/STM/STM+: 4th 

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Green 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday 

How are you feeling: pretty good. Had a low blood pressure episode yesterday but I’m better now. 

Rants/Raves: my husband has been great these past few days... I’m taking it in because I know the negativity will come back soon. 

Also, my kindergartener is having issues with the whole 5 day a week thing. He is having trouble getting up 45 minutes earlier than usual and by Friday he is crying saying he’s too tired to go 😭 he goes to bed early I just don’t know how to help him. 

Questions:

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Yes. There are so many galaxies there’s no way we are the only galaxy that has life on it. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 23w3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: as tall as a Twizzler

Upcoming appointments: Sept 2nd

How are you feeling: Morning/all-day sickness is back again!  I went to bed way too late one night and I think that in combination with a lighter food day set me off.  I was miserable laying in bed knowing that sleep would help but too sick to sleep.  Hoping for a better week.  

Rants/Raves:.Rave: Little boy is just wiggling all around.  DH still hasn't felt him, but I think he feels weird just sitting there with his hand waiting for kicks.  Of course once I tell him to come over, the kicks stop.  Rant: still trying to figure out how to fill my days.  Also a little jealous of my husband who plays video games with people.  He works all day and plays games most nights.  I am just like I need a hobby and one that would safely let me interact with people.  

Questions:

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not?  As many have said, I think the universe is just too big for us to be the only ones in it.  Not sure if we will find it in our lifetime though.  It would also be interesting if the other life forms are not carbon based or use water in the same way we/plants/animals on Earth do.  That might make it harder to find them.  
  • Options
    @laurenspdx. One of our neighbors walks her dog off leash and it terrifies me every time I have to drive past them out of the neighborhood.  The dog takes off chasing me.  I can't even imagine walking my dog off the leash, but maybe that is just because I don't trust him to stick near me.  You just never know what might trigger an unexpected response. 

@jchpg This balance situation is so unexpected.  I tripped stepping off the curb and skinned my whole left side up.  I called my husband to come pick me up.  

@karmba  congrats on the possible promotion!  

@the_road_to_oz  Hoping for a better week for you!  One thing at a time, but your health and little girl's health is most important!  

@willashbaby. Yay for feeling good and working out.  

@cassafrass15. I feel how you are feeling!  Best of luck with DD in daycare, but it sounds like you guys made the best decision with the smaller classes.  

@bartonolivia. I feel your kindergartner.  Hopefully a few more weeks will help get a routine!  
  • Options
    12/15, 23 + 6

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 🎀🎀

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a waffle iron

Upcoming appointments: this Thursday for 24 week and a U/S to check on my SCH

How are you feeling: pretty good! Some aches/pains from doing things around the house that I probably shouldn’t. I Just feel HUGE. Something really transitioned in the past two weeks and I’ve just gotten really big all of a sudden. 

Rants/Raves: Lately when DH and I disagree on something (like going places during Covid, or about fixing up our house, or even what to eat for dinner) DH is taking this stance of well I don’t care what YOU think about x, I’M doing it the way i want. It’s a very like spoiled brat kind of attitude and he’s done this in the past at times when he’s just not in a great emotional place. It’s his coping mechanism. I think Right now he’s just reacting overall to how much his world has been, and will continue to be, turned upside down between COVID and the coming baby. I’m trying really hard to be empathetic and understanding, but it’s starting to wear on me because it’s taking over every aspect of our life. We really need to have a big sit down and talk things through about our house and our budget and how our lifestyle is going to have to change. It’s just going to be a hard conversation and I want to avoid arguing but I know it’s inevitable. 

Questions: none

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Yes - totally agree with everything @Laurenspdx & others have said!
  • Options
    @laurenspdx Horray for being YI free!! And I don't understand people who let their dogs be off-leash like that. That's rude and dangerous for all of those they come across.

@jchpg Balance is definitely being thrown off. I tripped a few weeks ago chasing after my DD on a walk and I haven't taken her on one out of stroller since. No "off-leash/off-stroller' walks for us!  :D

@karmba sleep issues here too for sure. I'm constantly flipping from side to side and it's such an effort to do so. My H asked if I wanted to use both pregnancy pillows at the same time... I don't think that would help :p but I may incorporate a few other smaller pillows to help support things.

@the_road_to_oz I'm so sorry for all your health issues you've been dealing with. I hope things turn around soon!

@cassafrass15 that worry never really goes away, but knowing they're with their friends having fun helps offset it a bit! 

@bartonolivia how long has your kid been back in school? We're at the 4th week and she finally had a dropoff this morning where she seemed generally excited to go back.

@shelmcclel I'm sorry your H is being that way. We're almost in the opposite situation where my H won't make a decision to save his life! Everything's been up to me lately and it's starting to wear on me as well. And for things he can't decide, we just get stuck until we stop talking about it. 

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    11/30, 26 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 
    STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue: 
    Blue

Head of Kale, long as a stalk of celery

Upcoming appointments: 
    later today! 

How are you feeling: 
    Not so good actually. I had a full blown panic attack yesterday laying in bed crying and hyperventilating. Have been feeling a lot of generalized anxiety with everything going on the world mixed with worrying about physical symptoms and also worrying about my dog; it all just seemed to come crashing down on me yesterday. I try so hard to be the strong one (my H is the more sensitive one) and my mantra is that everything will work out how it should/just keep swimming type of thing, but I'm just having a hard time dealing with it all. Feeling claustrophobic in the world/my house/my head/my body.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rants: We've barely made any progress on the nursery since it's a guest bedroom right now, and my H can't decide if he wants to sell the furniture that's in there or store it for later. So we've been stuck. We bought a new couch that should be ready sometime end of September, but H can't decide what to do with our current couch..keep it or sell it.  There's just a lot of doing nothing going on. I feel like at times we have so much time left till baby gets here, but then like there's not enough time to do it all because nothing's getting done. 
    Raves: I got glowing remarks on my performance review from work. It was nice to read.

Questions:
    n/a

Sure, but I hope they don't come crashing into our world like in Independence Day. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 25 + 4

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a Prairie Dog

Upcoming appointments: Fetal echo on Thursday

How are you feeling: I feel good most days but dealing with Braxton Hicks and generally feeling large

Rants/Raves: We started virtual learning for my 6 year old last week and I'm already so over that plus trying to keep my 4-year-old twins entertained and working from home. So over it. 

Also, I wish the Bump app was more user-friendly. Hoping at some point we move to a FB group.

Questions:

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Yes. I don't see how we can be the only planet with life.
  • Options
    @KateBee ahh I get it on the Bump
    app not being great. I know it’s the trend for the month clubs to switch to FB in the 3rd Tri, but I’ll be so sad if that’s the consensus because I don’t use FB and will miss connecting with you all! Just throwing that out there. 
  • Options
    @shelmcclel Sorry to hear your H is acting that way! Despite all the crap women get about “being emotional,” I think men are 100x worse and worse still because they don’t know how to express anything. Hopefully a big talk will help.

@bearmomma1 I hear you in the anxiety. I think my brain is starting crank up my anxiety even more than usual in preparation for baby because it’s not even tied to anything specific, I’m just generally terrified of something I can’t name going wrong.

@KateBee Oh my gosh, a 6 yo and two 4yos for school? You must be a rock star!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24w4d

Team Green/Pink/Blue: Pink

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound and glucose screening on Thursday!

How are you feeling: Good! Feeling her kick and squirm around all the time now and I love it!

Rants/Raves: We had my MIL, SIL and her boyfriend down to our RV this weekend (for 4 days 3 nights) and it was just way too much on me. My MIL complained about everything we did, and then would be fine and happy, and it was just exhausting keeping up with her moods and walking on egg shells around her all weekend. Cooking and cleaning for 5 people (and 2 dogs) all weekend and making sure everyone was taken care of. And I have major OCD, so just everyone's stuff all over the small RV and how dirty it got drove me insane all weekend. I cried the whole drive home because I was just so emotionally and physically exhausted. Needless to say, overnight guests will be limited to a single night from now on out.  

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? I believe that there's probably been some sort of life form before us and maybe currently in a completely different universe. But I don't believe in aliens that have come here and abducted people and all that stuff. 
  • Options
    @KateBee I hear you on the Bump app not being user-friendly.  Since I'm WFH I'm using my desktop for bumping and therefore on more than normal.  I also really hope we can move to a FB group in third tri - my BMB for D16 has been going strong on FB for 3.5 years and I find it easier to interact in a FB group.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 + 1 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: papaya 

Upcoming appointments: Sometime in September regular ob and I’m sure Glucose testing 

How are you feeling: I feel so good!

Rants/Raves: baby kicks are getting stronger- excited for when DH will be able to feel them! 

Questions:

GTKY: do you believe in extraterrestrial life, and why or why not? Definitely, Universe is too big for there not to be more. Also DH and I talked about this last week! 
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 I feel you on the anxiety! Every twinge or ailment and I’m convinced it’s the worst-case-scenario and can’t stop obsessing for days. DH thinks I’m actually insane. I’m sorry it all came crashing down on you, but I hope it helps you to know you’re not alone. 
  • Options
    My original J16 group also went to FB where we stayed for years, a lot of us dropped FB and now we use Slack! It's a great very user friendly option IMO since you can do channels similar to threads, it's much easier to follow along. Just an idea :)