1st Trimester
Options

Doppler, hearing placenta but cant find hearbeat 11 weeks5 days

jackie012613jackie012613 member
edited August 2020 in 1st Trimester
I'm 12.2 but baby measures 4 days behind so its 11.5 iv had 2 missed miscarriages at 9 weeks. Last visit I was 10.5 and doc said she heard HB but I didnt. I bought a home doppler and probably shouldn't have. I can find the sound of the  placenta but not the HB , i also have a tilted uterus, not sure if that matters. does the sound of the placenta  mean baby is okay or is that not an Indicator? 

Re: Doppler, hearing placenta but cant find hearbeat 11 weeks5 days

• Options
    I'm 12.2 but baby measures 4 days behind so its 11.5 iv had 2 missed miscarriages at 9 weeks. Last visit I was 10.5 and doc said she heard HB but I didnt. I bought a home doppler and probably shouldn't have. I can find the sound of the  placenta but not the HB , i also have a tilted uterus, not sure if that matters. does the sound of the placenta  mean baby is okay or is that not an Indicator? 
    Your doctor was not worried, correct?  They said they heard the HB, please trust your doc or find one you do trust.  Sorry, but put the doppler away, and trust the doctor. They said they heard it, though its weird if they heard it that you didn't, but i wasn't there.  .  Im sorry about your previous losses,  its got to be nervwrecking.  But trust your doc. 
  • Options
    She said she was not worried, she said she heard glimpses of it and if she was concerned she would have sent me for an ultrasound. I know I shouldnt have gotten one , I thought it would bring piece of mind but it did the opposite. I go for ultrasound d next week. I just worry week to week and it's a deep anxiety sometime. Thanks for the reply! 💛
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She said she was not worried, she said she heard glimpses of it and if she was concerned she would have sent me for an ultrasound. I know I shouldnt have gotten one , I thought it would bring piece of mind but it did the opposite. I go for ultrasound d next week. I just worry week to week and it's a deep anxiety sometime. Thanks for the reply! 💛
    She probably only caught glimpses of it because it’s still pretty early to be hearing a HB with an abdominal Doppler, the same problem you are having now. If the Doppler is causing you more anxiety then put it away.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Will do! Thanks! 😊
  • Options
    Will do! Thanks! 
  • Options
    With a tilted uterus, it's harder to hear a heartbeat with a doppler.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21