April 2021 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions 8/20

Re: Unpopular Opinions 8/20

• Options
    Hmm. This is a recent UO for me; I am usually a daily coffee drinker, but it just tastes so bitter and acidic now. Blech.
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt I switched to decaf awhile ago and it was fine before getting pregnant. Now I'm lucky if I can finish a cup without getting nauseous. It's so sad! 

Hmm, my UO is that I can't wait to try a decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte even though it might make me feel horrible. I love PSL's, hopefully I can stomach one. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thedomesticgeek did you by chance switch to decaf because of IBS? I did! I stopped drinking caffeine several months ago. One day I was out of decaf and drank some of DH’s regular coffee. Bad move. 
  • Options
    @bblair24 No, I mean, I probably should have but most of the time coffee helps me uh...get it all out in the morning. So at least my afternoons aren't screwed up too, you know? I switched to decaf because I'm the kind of person that drinks way too much coffee, like a pot or two a day by myself and that much caffeine is way too dangerous when pregnant. 
  • Options
    @thedomesticgeek ah gotcha, I understand! 
  • Options
    I'm also on the decaf train and have been for 3.5 years almost 😱 it makes me kind of sad b/c there's less variety but DD1 had a heart arrhythmia (completely resolved) while I was pregnant and I couldn't even eat chocolate until I gave birth. Then I did decaf for BF since she wasn't used to the caffeine (this is a sleep thing apparently if you didn't have much caffeine while pregnant they're not used to it), got pregnant again, was told I should continue with decaf in case DD2 had the same thing, and here we are with baby #3 🤷☕

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @kvh22 Is that caffeine with BF’ing thing for real?! I had almost zero caffeine with DS (besides chocolate), and I am sure I drank a lot of pop after delivery. Ahhh lol. I will keep this in mind! 

No chocolate 💔, you are a strong Mama!
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    @kelseyyh so my ped is the only one I e heard of who doesn't recommend caffeine while BF at all, but b/c of DD1s arrhythmia while I was pregnant I followed the advice (it was a PAC which is electrical, happens in about 1% of pregnancies and resolves before birth 99% of the time but hers did come back breifly during labor). I did some research and found that it has been proven to affect babies more if mom did not consume while they were pregnant and DD2 never slept well (unlike DD1 but arrhythmia so I laid off, plus, why mess with a good thing). I will add that I drink coffee like hot chocolate or wine and never needed the caffeine, just enjoy holding the cup and savoring the flavor. I was more likely to have a 2pm pick me up than a 6am wake me up so the lack of variety bothers me more than the lack of caffeine.

• Options
    @kvh22 I drink diet coke & tea, but completely avoided it while pregnant with DS & now think it likely affected his sleep later lol. I am also not a huge caffeine for the sake of caffeine gal - love the flavour! This is interesting. I’m sorry your first DD had that arrhythmia - probably a nerve wracking pregnancy! 

• Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    edited August 2020
    @kelseyyh we actually found out about the arrhythmia on a Friday - it was audible on the Doppler so I had an NST, had the fetal echo on Monday and everything was fine (PAC was there but nothing wrong with the heart), then 4 weeks later it had resolved so it was NBD aside from the chocolate lol. I loved my first pregnancy. My SCH with DD2 was really stressful and it took out a lot of joy. I do feel like there's always something (I also found out I was a CF carrier with DD1 which was a stressful two weeks until we found out DH wasn't) and I'm sitting at the kitchen table watching my two beautiful, healthy daughters imitate each other shaking and nodding their heads back and forth and all is well 💕

• Options
    @kvh22 🥰🥰. 

• Options
    @kvh22 we found out with dd1 that I was a carrier for CF too! It was so scary waiting for DH to get his results - he was negative,  thankfully!