Options

Weekly Randoms w/o 8/17

kvh22kvh22 member
edited August 2020 in April 2021 Moms
What's going on this week?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 8/17

• Options
    I am finally getting a haircut tomorrow and I’m so excited I can’t stand it!! I needed one back in Feb 😆
  • Options
    SO exciting! The wait for the first post quarantine haircut was so hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just joined the party and did my intro post, so I wanted to say an extra “hi!” before diving in.

Today was the first day of school (teacher at a low SES school here) and it was a total cluster.. were full virtual for the kids (HS) but teachers have to be in the building unless given exception by HR. Our main system went out in the entire state for a few hours in the morning, then the WiFi crapped out, less than 10 of my 50 students attended my google meets and less than 10 of the other 40 responded to emails/calls re:absence from the session. This is gonna be fun!  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I’m a dental hygienist for a busy pediatric office and one of our hygienists in on quarantine due to her husband having symptoms. Her and her family got tested today, so we will see. It was crazy busy with her being gone, and we had 3 others out for vacation. I’m pooped!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 :# oh no

My son is starting a new part-time daycare next month.  He was in full-time daycare up until a month ago.  We are sending him back to his old daycare for three days this week so we can work more.  I am trying to use my time efficiently and get a lot done, but I'm SO tired and everything is taking way longer than I thought.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot ahh very exciting! I go over a year between cuts so haven't had to go yet. I think they might have closed them again here but a barber shop downtown had outdoor set up that's cool. I bought clippers to do DH's hair and I'm obsessed.

@mamabee1113 oh wow that sounds like a cluster. A mom in one of my other BMBs is in a similar situation with her students not joining. That must be so tough. You teachers are so amazing!

@alylove11 that sounds nuts! Hopefully their tests comes back quickly (and negative). Also, thinking of you and your appointment tomorrow!

• Options
    I'm going to the drive in for the first time ever on Friday! <3
    Hubby & Me: Born 1993
    Married: August 2013
    Son: December 2018
    Baby in heaven: February 2020, was due Sept

• Options
    @kelseyyh drive ins are so fun! The one I used to go to closed down a few years back :(
  • Options
    Contemplating crawling under my desk to take a nap. I would if I wouldnt get (likely) fired. 

• Options
    @kvh22 I'm normally a twice a year kind of person so not incredibly frequent, but it does feel like it's been a LONG time this year. On a sad note, my plans got totally squashed so I had to move my cut to Thursday. Boo!
    I'm impressed you cut DH's hair! I've never cut anyones hair...ever! Even mine! Too terrified lol
  • Options
    @bbrahmbhatt oh man, it's so odd to me that some people are in offices right now. I absolutely take naps during pregnancy if I have a gap in the middle of the day on a work from home day (pre-covid) as "lunch" but I work in a somewhat "always on" industry so I have a lot of flexibility during the day...and just am required to get my work done which can be late at night, weekends, etc. I personally love it but DH is a very 8-5 kind of guy and would hate it so I acknowledge it's not for everyone. I also took a nap on Saturday AND Sunday while DD2 napped and it was glorious.

@goldpolkadot hopefully Thursday happens! DH's hair was getting bad and he gets his cut every 6-8 weeks. His hair is stick straight so it was pretty easy. I cut my friend's hair once when we were in high school and it was okay but not great. Had to be shorter than she wanted to make it even and then she got her hair cut pretty soon after that lol. I've never cut mine. That seems like a horrible idea.

• Options
    @kvh22 and @goldpolkadot I’ve never cut my own hair either - I’m not brave enough. BUT if you are on fb and looking for some entertainment, search for Brad Mondo. He’s a hairdresser and watches YouTube videos of people cutting/coloring their own hair and it’s hilarious. There are some HUGE fails and it’s just amazing to watch 😂
  • Options
    I’ve started cutting my husband and son’s hair during the pandemic. I’m starting to actually enjoy doing it! We may keep this up. 
  • Options
    My husband has cut his own hair for years.  I help even it up and trim around his ears and such.  I also cut my son's hair (20 months old).  I gave myself a cut for the first time during covid and I guess it's fine... I don't really notice a difference between now and when I get it done professionally.  I only usually go about once a year anyway though and it's kinda nice and relaxing to have it done by someone else. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mamabee1113 I’m also a teacher, but we are starting next week and in-person! Eeeep! Looking forward to meeting my little guys, but feeling super nervous, too! I hope your virtual goes well for the rest of the week. 

We are enjoying the last week of summer here before I start school! We are spending time with both sets of our parents this week. It’s busy, but nice to be doing something with family!
  • Options
    We took today off for DD1's birthday but we can't go outside with this weather (hazardous due to the wildfires, especially for young children and pregnant woman) and can't go anywhere inside obviously so instead of going to the beach, we're planning to hang in and play with DD1's birthday presents (play dough, puzzles, games, magnatiles, etc.). My brother and SIL usually get her "experiences" like a children's museum pass but obviously that's out so she asked what we wanted for her and I think I'm going to say Disney+ for a couple of months while we weather these wildfires and I have craziness going on with work leading up to a huge event we put on end of September (and first tri morning sickness which they don't know about yet). DD1 is only in daycare part time (mornings) M-Th and DD2 is home with us full time. I wouldn't change this timing since I'm thrilled to be pregnant but it is going to be roughhhhh for the next 5-6 weeks until this event is over.

• Options
    I'm so annoyed by my children's toys. At the beginning of the pandemic (or like a month or two in, time is just a black hole now) we moved the girls in to the same room together. We then turned the empty room in to a playroom. Their toys had been in 3 or 4 different locations around the house and it was great to have them in one central location. Then came the decision to homeschool so I moved some of the toys out of here in to their bedroom so that we could have room to work. Aaaaand now the homeschool/playroom is going to have to go back to being a nursery next spring haha. I got fed up with all of their toys this summer because there are just so many and they seem to never play with toys. DD1 especially just carries toys around, drops them, and it stays there until either DH or I get tired of stepping over it. I put quite a few of their toys in boxes in the basement because they just have too many. They don't even miss them. There's still way too many toys out. The clutter sometimes just overwhelms me and then I shut down and can't do anything about it until I'm mad enough that I angry clean.
  • Options
    @bblair24 I TOTALLY hit that same tipping point!!! I got the idea from someone else, but we implemented a "toy rotation" system. So I took out ALL our toys one day (when the kids were out with DH haha) and divided everything in 4 boxes. Then I put 3  boxes away in a closet and all of a sudden the number of toys out was not only manageable BUT I also found that the kids were legit playing with things again. We've been doing it ever since. I can tell when they get bored with what's out & then I make it a "toy rotation" day and then everything out is new and exciting again. Highly reco!
  • Options
    Yes, toy rotation is great but I'm bad at it. We also have 4 people in a 1,000sqft apartment so it's insane. Not enough storage space. I was doing okay until both girls had their birthdays (May and yesterday) and now I need to consolidate again. Basically, we need to move but our plan is to rent an apartment when we move still so it's a ways out to be really in a big enough space for (soon to be) 5!

• Options
    bblair24bblair24 member
    edited August 2020
    @goldpolkadot I love the idea of a toy rotation! Especially if it means they'll actually play with things. I get so annoyed by the masses of toys that never even get touched - like why do we even have them? I may need to make that happen before this baby arrives. Maybe that can be my nesting project haha! I feel like we'd need more than 4 boxes probably. We have so many flipping toys.

@kvh22 I also have not gotten things together since DD1's birthday (late July). We had a little party with family and then left the next day for the beach and things have been crazy since then.

When I look at our house with 4 people in it and think about adding a 5th I'm like can this house contain us or are we slowly killing it? These toys will probably be the death of all of us. :p
  • Options
    Can anyone see our BMB on the mobile app yet? I can’t. Didn’t know if it was just or not! 
  • Options
    @bblair24 I still can’t see it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bblair24 nope, i check every day! 
  • Options
    @pelorunningmama and @cagncoo12 ugh bummer! I’ve always thought the bump is easier to use on a desktop/laptop (and April actually shows up there!), but unfortunately I don’t have one here on the couch with me 😂
  • Options
    My children realized on Friday that I can search for and print coloring sheets from the interwebs. So ever since then, the oldest (she’s 6) has been coming up with specific requests for coloring sheets. They were standing beside my bed this morning...I had just woken up. “Mom can you print us butterfly coloring sheets?” I said I would in a little bit. They just stood there silently staring at me. 

...ooooor I can do it now 😂 The 6 year old is such a morning person, she can’t comprehend that I don’t process things before 7:30 am! 
  • Options
    @goldpolkadot I did this at the beginning of the pandemic and it worked great. I didn't have the toys completely away though but on some shelves. DS got a little crafty with his step stool and pulling those boxes down so things got all out and mixed up again. I need to add this to my to do list!
  • Options
    @MandersX hahaha yes! I find that our kiddos often ask for a specific thing and if it’s reasonable then I’ll go fish it out so every so often I have to re-sort everything. Lately I’m finding my biggest issue is rotating out books. We LOVE books so we have a TON and they easily take up half of each box we rotate...haven’t quite come up with a good solution for how to swap them out!