February 2021 Moms

PGAL Check in 17 August

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. ((Please feel free to share your loss story if you haven’t already.))

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about where you live?

Re: PGAL Check in 17 August

• How far along are you? 
    16 weeks today / DD 1 February / Doughnut 

I had Braxton Hicks all night last night which sucked. Mentally I’m doing okay. MH is on his work trip and we are staying on the farm
    with my family but have our own house for a few months so that’s nice. I’m anxious about having the anatomy scan set up. I’m just really tired. It’s a lot taking care of an almost 5 year old, a 2.5 year old who is into EVERYTHING and doesn’t sleep much and trying to grow a baby 😂 Baby kicks are reassuring to me most nights but it’s hard not to worry. This is the longest I’ve been between appointments. 

Anatomy Scan. Should be the week of Labor Day. 

It’s nice to have some different views from where I grew up on the farm, near the beach on the east coast. Things are bigger out west... the mountains, the vastness of the desert, how far you can see without forests or buildings cluttering up the landscape. I do miss the green and the farm and the beach where I grew up, so it’s nice to be able to spend a few months at “home” visiting with my family. 
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Pretty good just waiting for the nipt results 

Any upcoming appointments? August 31 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about where you live? Low cost of living...that’s it lol! I like where we live a lot because we lived in the literal middle of nowhere for two years before this but also I’d move pretty quickly to somewhere better if the chance arose. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 13+4

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Symptoms are getting better (nausea, exhaustion) and I’m still mentally kind of detached from this pregnancy. I hope that the anatomy scan and movements (hopefully soon) make it seem more real.

Any upcoming appointments? Next Friday.

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about where you live? We moved to Alaska a year ago, and I love the vastness of it. Driving through the mountain passes are incredible, because you look out over so much land and there are no buildings or roads or structures like power lines in sight. It makes you feel really small and really energized.
  • How far along are you? 15+2

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? We announced on social media yesterday so that was exciting but also anxiety inducing. Still a little nauseous and tired. 

Any upcoming appointments? 9/2 at the OB

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about where you live? That we are so close to everything. I live about 45 minutes outside NYC, my H and I used to pop in all the time before DS. We have such a diverse choice of food as well. You can get pretty much any type of cuisine. Perks of living so close to Ellis island and all the little communities that popped up decades ago and haven’t left. We also live 5-10 minutes from both sets of grandparents at that is 100% the reason we won’t move away. 
  • @moguippy the food choices is what I miss about living in a big city. I told my H last week that I want to take a food-centric vacation yearly. 
  • How far along are you? 
    16+1

Low blood pressure is affecting me, but if I stay hydrated it's not terrible. I SAW BABY KICKS THOUGH!!! I don't really feel them but I happened to be staring at my stomach while in the recliner and saw a few kicks and was able to send a Snapchat to DH 🥰

Regular appointment next week! I'm trying to track my blood pressure so I can ask more questions

The cheese selection 😂 you can get excellent cheese anywhere in Wisconsin and the grocery stores usually have a full aisle at least of different local cheeses. Also the people are really nice and I love that we are close to town but also have woods and a creek out back and lots of local hiking spots
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? 15+2

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? So far so good. A little insomnia last night, but besides that fine.  I got lots of love from my co-workers who I finally told today, so I'm feeling pretty "up" at the moment. (Minus my dog possibly being sick :( - we'll see what the night brings ) 

Any upcoming appointments? My next OB appt is 9/1, MFM 9/22

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about where you live? The water. We just bought a lakefront house at the end of the year and got to move into it late Spring. We've always talked about timber or waterfront, so now we have it.  We still may look at moving further south after SS graduates high school next year, although I'm not super keen on moving with a newborn so we may have to delay it a year or two. We've talked for years about moving closer to his parents, who live in the Ozark National Scenic Riverways area.

@hannahbananas11 - I could co-sign everything you said about feeling detached. And I feel really guilty about it.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• How far along are you? 15+5

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Nausea and food aversions are getting better. Emotionally better now that I find the heartbeat easily on the Doppler and movements are felt almost daily now 

Any upcoming appointments? Sept 2 for regular ob check

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about where you live? The seasons! The Midwest can slam you with a wicked winter and come back with a hot humid summer. We are close to Lake Michigan too which is beautiful all year round. The Great Lakes are nice to have so close.
  • @babymamadimo I grew up in west Michigan, and nothing can beat Lake Michigan beach towns in the summer. So many fun memories there.
  • @babymamadimo I grew up in west Michigan, and nothing can beat Lake Michigan beach towns in the summer. So many fun memories there.
    I don't know... Lake Superior in the UP is pretty spectacular 🤩
  • @birdiejo I hope your NIPT results get straightened out and back to you soon. 

@hannahbananas11 I think overcoming the detachment is the hardest thing for me during this pregnancy. I feel guilty for not announcing on social media because my first two were both announced by now but I can’t bring myself to do it yet and I don’t have a good reason why. We both have extended family and friends spread out so it’s usually the easiest way to update people for us. 

@moguippy that sounds delicious. Do you have a favorite food place that is your go to?

@jumpy57 yay for baby kicks! My blood pressure is frequently low during pregnancy. I’ve been told they don’t do anything for it and to eat salty foods and drink more water, especially when it’s bothering me. I’m interested in what your doctor says. 

@WildMagelet I am super confused... YH is graduating high school next year? 😆

@babymamadimo glad you are starting to feel better. 
  • @mdfarmchick we usually hit Joe’s Ginger in Chinatown, Grimaldis Pizza (our first date!), or Brooklyn ice cream factory (I think it’s called something else now). Sometimes we just get dirty water dogs. We usually walk the Brooklyn bridge and Central Park and avoid Times Square lol. I’m a huge Yankees fan so we try to get a game in every year although that’s not going to happen this year. 
  • @mdfarmchick 🤣🤣 I'm glad you asked about @WildMagelet husband, I was also curious. I also don't know how old anyone is 👀 

**TW, loss briefly mentioned in spoiler
    I also feel a little detached this pregnancy. For me I think I'm just busy with my other two kids and with being so isolated from people I haven't cared to share the news outside my small circle. I thought feeling detached my second pregnancy was just due to circumstances (in spoiler) but I think in general, for me at least, it's not as exciting as the first time around 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    With DD2 my bff was also pregnant and due a month earlier which was awesome because our first kids were also a month apart. Unfortunately she miscarried and I was a mess about it my whole pregnancy. I felt sad about losing that awesome relationship and then worried I might lose my baby too.
  • @mdfarmchick @jumpy57 - OMG. This is what I get for typing fast and not re-reading before hitting post reply.  I fixed it in the post.  MY STEP-SON IS A SENIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND WILL GRADUATE IN THE SPRING. MY HUSBAND'S SON.  Totally embarrassed, but 110% laughing at myself right now.  :lol::lol::lol:
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• @WildMagelet I actually wondered if it was a typo or autocorrect since your mentioned SS before 🤣 Blame it on pregnancy brain!