Weekly Check-In 8/17

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):
FTM/STM/STM+:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves!

Also- some of us are 16 weeks along already! Should we start doing the usual HDBD with pics (if you’re comfortable)?

Re: Weekly Check-In 8/17

• Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 16w today!
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an action figure, a dill pickle, an avocado
    Upcoming appointments: 10 days from now
    How are you feeling?: I have terrible back pain (sciatica?), but otherwise ok
    Rants/Raves: Anxiety about going back to teaching in person in a few weeks...
    GTKY: People who play their own music from a boombox in public places (think beach, bus stop, subway, etc.) as if everyone wants to hear it. Also, my pet peeve about my husband is that he fills a cereal bowl with about 3x as much milk as he needs for the cereal and then sometimes drinks it at the end and sometimes dumps some of it out. Drives me nuts.

@szwill86 yes to HDBD pics! I look PREGANANT. I almost started a HDBD thread last week because my uterus clearly remembers being pregnant and is fully loose and expanded like it's 20w haha.
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @szwill86 Bump Day sounds good to me... 16 weeks today

@adorebel I’m sorry about having to go back in person. It’s so hard to know what to do these days. 😕

@birdiejo yay for less anxiety! But huge boo to delayed indefinitely NIPT results. That’s crap. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 15+2
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: navel orange/eclair 
    Upcoming appointments: just got back from the endocrinologist, OB on 9/2
    How are you feeling?: better. Still some nausea in the morning and before bed and if anything smells off. Still some fatigue. I feel like I look 6 months pregnant 
    Rants/Raves: raves: passed my glucose tolerance test! Rants: I have to try and figure out if there is something wrong with my glucose meter, All of this high sugar could be because of a crappy meter. 
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves!  People who have full on conversations on speaker phone for no reason in public. I’m sure I have more but I can’t think of any. 

Also- some of us are 16 weeks along already! Should we start doing the usual HDBD with pics (if you’re comfortable)? I generally don’t do bump pics but I have no problem with others doing them
  • Options
    16+1, avocado, TTM

I'm feeling crummy due to low blood pressure. I was told to drink a bunch of water and it should improve in third trimester. My hips have started hurting from sleeping, I'll have to get my pillow situation organized

I'm going camping this weekend and I'm sooooo excited!!!

I've noticed over the past few weeks that DH never pushes in his chair at the table 🙄 

My mom is a speaker phone person 😂 I don't understand it @moguippy

@tamalahoops so sorry to hear about your dog ❤️❤️❤️ losing a pet is so hard
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 15+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Apple / Orange / Pear
    Upcoming appointments: 9/1, 9/22
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good.  Spirits are good. Fatigue is gone, but the bump is getting bigger and the rest of my symptoms remain. 
    Rants/Raves: A+ to my DH for killing the giant spider who decided to take up residence above the beam above our bed.
    Questions: None today.
    GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves! Lack of common sense (which isn't all that common).  Can I just pick a person as my second? Because really anything that has to do with one of my co-workers in particular just sends my nerves over the edge.

Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 15+5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: orange

Upcoming appointments: September 2 for 18 week checkup

How are you feeling?: nausea is getting better but still there. Food aversions are getting slightly better

Rants/Raves: I’ve been using my Doppler more even though I said I wouldn’t and finding the heartbeat right away!

Questions: not at this time

GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves! Lazy people that don’t put their shopping carts away. I still do it with a toddler so people alone can easily do it. People that drive in the slow lane on the highway. I have a lot haha
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 13 weeks + 3 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ DS-3.5yo DD-5months
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 
    Upcoming appointments: Sept. 8th! 
    How are you feeling?: So much better and not as nauseous as the first trimester! I just want to eat all the sweets now that food doesn't make me feel even more nauseous. 
    Rants/Raves: My son starts Pre-k on the 31st. It's virtual and I kind of don't see the point of doing virtual preschool at this age. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves! 1. People that aren't polite. Is it really hard to say thank you to someone for doing something nice? 2. Why am I the only person in my home that is capable of doing laundry?!!

Also- some of us are 16 weeks along already! Should we start doing the usual HDBD with pics (if you’re comfortable)?
    I'd be ok with doing HDBD!! 
  • Options
    I remembered the question I was going to ask: have any of you been told to take baby aspirin daily? My ob had me start taking 2 low dose aspirin every day because it’s supposed to be good for preventing high blood pressure. I only had high blood pressure while in labor for my son so it seemed odd that she’s having me take it.
  • Options
    @babymamadimo I haven’t been told that for either pregnancy. I’d ask your doc next time you see them to find out what their reasoning is. 
  • Options
    I’ve heard of it in the other groups I’m in. I wonder if they are just being extra cautious because of the history? I agree with @hannahbananas11 I’d ask at your next appointment just to get a better picture of why. 
  • Options
    @Mrstomommy1114 oooo you reminded me that I can't stand businesses that have terrible customer service. It's really not hard to be polite, especially when I'm paying you for something. (Background, I used to work retail so I've grown endless patience at work)
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: March 2nd (will be Feb. 2nd mono/di twins) / 12 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: Fourth
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Babies are the size of plums
    Upcoming appointments: 8/25
    How are you feeling?: Tired, lower back pain, nauseous all day. I'm hoping the second trimester brings my energy level and appetite back!
    Rants/Raves:  Trying not to stress. My MFM doctor explained all the what if's of Mono/Di twins and told me after 16 weeks I will have ultrasounds every two weeks, cervical length checks every 4 weeks, echo-cardiograms on each baby between 24-26 weeks, NST's starting at 32 weeks and delivery at 36 weeks unless they come sooner.  I still have my regular OBGYN appointments also. It's just a little overwhelming.  I'm still trying to process that i'm having two babies.
    Questions: 
    GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves!  I cannot stand calling any company where I have to talk to a robot first (especially the insurance company).  Also, people who blast their music so loud in the car that it rattles my car windows and kills my ears. lol
  • Options
    travandastravandas member
    edited August 2020
    I remembered the question I was going to ask: have any of you been told to take baby aspirin daily? My ob had me start taking 2 low dose aspirin every day because it’s supposed to be good for preventing high blood pressure. I only had high blood pressure while in labor for my son so it seemed odd that she’s having me take it.
    My dr. has me taking 1 baby aspirin (having twins) once a day to help with preeclampsia and high blood pressure issues that may arise.  Not sure why they want you to take 2 baby aspirin.  I would just ask for clarification.
  • Options
    @szwill86 congrats on the new car! Which one did you go with? I’m in the market for a 3rd row! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 15+ 3
    FTM/STM/STM+:  FTM 
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a navel orange
    Upcoming appointments: next Thursday - 2nd OB appt.
    How are you feeling?: Tired. My fatigue from 1st trimester disappeared but has been replaced with bad insomnia leaving me dragging throughout the day. But otherwise I feel ok. 
    Rants/Raves: I made a homemade version of Chop’t Kebab Cobb salad which totally hit the spot :) 
    Questions: none right now. 
    1. Line cutting - it boils my blood when people think there time is more important than others.
    2. I agree about slow walkers! Move or get out of the way! 

@babymamadimo I’ve been taking 1 baby aspirin a day since week 7.  I have white coat hypertension so just as a precaution my doctor is having me take it. She mentioned that there is more research suggesting that it’s beneficial for all pregnancies but I haven’t looked anything up myself on that research. 

• Options
    @birdiejo thanks! It’s a new to me car, but used. 2019 Volkswagen Atlas with captain’s chairs in the second row. I only wanted captain’s chairs as they are easier access for me to put two car seats in and it’s the only captain’s chairs I’ve researched that tilt down while moving them forward to access the third row, meaning more space for the person who is getting in the car. The third row is big enough for my 6’3 husband to fit in comfortably. I did compromise on the fact it only fits 6 passengers instead of 7/8 since I wanted the captain’s chairs in the second row, but I don’t think the # of seats will be an issue down the road when it comes to carpooling. I looked at the Kia Telluride as well, but the Atlas was in a league of it’s own when comparing the two. 
  • Options
    @szwill86 an eggo does seem large... I give up on food comparisons really quick because produce size is so variable 🧇
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited August 2020
    @szwill86 - Congrats on the Atlas! 

Speaking of vehicles - I need to trade mine in. I'm thinking about downsizing from a Mid-Size SUV to either a Compact SUV or a Sedan.  Our senior dog has problems getting into what I'm currently driving because it's so high up and the further along I get, the harder it's going to be for me to physically help her. Whatever I get, I absolutely need leather upholstery again in my life. These cloth seats are hard enough with the husky, I can't imagine the upkeep when adding an infant into the mix.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @moguippy that and playing your music on blast without headphones walking around the grocery store. Why? 😑

@tamalahoops oh I’m so sorry about your dog. 😭 

@hannahbananas11 omg the putting it back almost empty and the drinking out of the bottle 🤦🏻‍♀️

@jumpy57 I hope you start feeling better soon!

@WildMagelet I have one of those annoying people in one of my previous BMBs. 😣

@babymamadimo I hate people who drive slow in the fast lane even more after living in Europe where everyone automatically just moves out of the lane when they finish passing. 

@manditchka24 mine worsened around weeks 12-14 and then started lessening again so hopefully you have less than a week of the nausea to go!

@mrstomommy1114 I cannot figure out why I’m the only one who does the laundry and how we get so.much.laundry?!

@babymamadimo I am not a doctor, but I have heard of doing it to prevent preeclampsia. Perhaps your risk is higher for the previous high blood pressure in labor or for other factors? I am taking baby aspirin for a clotting disorder. 

@szwill86 oh fun! Congrats on the new car! I like the Atlas a lot but the mpg really bummed me out. I hope you love it!

@travandas that is overwhelming but I’m so glad they are taking extra precautions for you. ♥️

@elizabethkd23 ugh. The insomnia sucks so much. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 12 + 5 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A lime? Not interesting 

Upcoming appointments: I missed my 12 week appointment because we are quarantined as my DH is COVID+ I’m getting tested again so we’ll see if maybe I’m just lucky or really don’t have it. 

How are you feeling?: I’m getting better. Nausea comes and goes. More just tired because everyone is sick and I’m trying to help but stay healthy. 

voice to text around other people!! My husband does it all the time. Just type your response!!!! 
  • Options
    @krysta6 oh no! Hoping your husband is doing okay and that your test is negative! How nerve wracking that must be for you. 
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 14+2

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a Bagel Bite!

Upcoming appointments: Today was a checkup after the weekend ER escapades, real appt is Aug 25th

How are you feeling?: Bloaty and nausea peaks occasionally but otherwise well.

Rants/Raves: Much better after today's Orthopedic adjustment visit  & checkup w/OB! Ortho released muscle tension I didn't know I had! 

Questions:  When you first feel baby move, does it feel like flutters like you're on a rollercoaster? (Like could possibly make you a bit queasy if you're prone to that?) What did your first movements feel like?

When people repeat back to you what you just said instead of answering a direct question or acknowledging something you just said (deliberately to stall). 

When people hover just to be nosy or clingy.
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 14+5
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a maple leaf! 
    Upcoming appointments: a quick checkup Aug 27
    How are you feeling?: So much better. I for the most part no longer have naseau and I can stay awake past 9pm! 
    Rants/Raves: I've been in Seattle for the last week visiting my family. It's so beautiful this time of year, really makes me miss the coast. 
    Questions:
    GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves! @elizabethkd23 I had started to write out how much I can't stand slow walkers then realized you have the same peeve!  It's the worst, especially when there are multiple people taking up a whole sidewalk/path.  Also, on airplanes when someone fills up the overhead bin with their smaller bag, coat, etc. As I think about it, there are a lot of behaviors in airports/on airplanes that bother me (there are many slow walkers in airports)...

Also- some of us are 16 weeks along already! Should we start doing the usual HDBD with pics (if you’re comfortable)? Sure! I sometimes think I have a bump, but other times I think maybe it's just the last meal I ate 
    :# 
  • Options
    @birdiejo
    are  you waiting until the baby is born or are you just waiting for a certain time to find out the gender? YOU CAN DO IT! have strength (though heaven knows I would have clicked it faster than I can blink haha)
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 16+3 today, I think. 
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  I haven't even looked lately.. haha oops! Second baby probs. 
    Upcoming appointments: Just had a 3 hour glucose on monday (yuck) and I have my anatomy scan in 4 weeks, like sept 18 or something close to that I think
    How are you feeling?: Honestly still exhausted, still nauseous a lot of the time. I really just need energy back. Last night I went to bed at like 9:30 which is way early for me. I think part of my tiredness is just a symptom of my medicine, but last time I tried to stop taking it for nausea i threw up like 4 times that day, sooo....
    Rants/Raves: Starting to feel the baby move!!! It's subtle and I don't think I would have realized it was baby if it was my first, but it definitely is so that is exciting!
    Questions: Anyone been diagnosed with gestational diabetes? my test results are back yet, but part of me is just considering eating that diet anyway. Good resources? I need a lot of information. Like i understand the premise but need to know what is best and what to most avoid, etc. So if anyone has any advice, etc. let me know!
    GTKY: Tell us two of your biggest pet peeves! HAHA i can't think of anything right now but I am easily annoyed so who knows LOL
    Also- some of us are 16 weeks along already! Should we start doing the usual HDBD with pics (if you’re comfortable)? sure, i always forget though! haha
  • Options
    @PinkKathryn12 waiting til birth! Hahaha only six months to go 🤪
  • Options
    @birdiejo haha good luck! but you can do it! 
  • Options
    @birdiejo what company did you do the NIPT through? I know some have the option of not reporting the sex if you say you don’t want it, but reporting everything else. I made sure that was the case with mine (we used Natera) so I wouldn’t be tempted to peek. 
  • Options
    @szwill86 Myriad and I think they do tell you but it’s like a button I have to press so I’m avoiding it at all costs! 
  • Options
    @birdiejo you can do it!!!
    @PinkKathryn12 I have no resources or anything but my endocrinologist recently said it’s about the amount of sugars you eat at once. Like don’t have 2 slices of pizza. Eat one slice and a salad. Similar to that. I stopped eating two slices of toast or a whole English muffin at breakfast and just eat 1 slice or half an English muffin. It’s a lot of carb counting and moderation. It also depends on how bad your numbers are. ie I knew someone who basically had to cut out carbs to keep her numbers down and I knew someone who just had to be smart about what she ate and do the moderation thing and she was fine. 

@szwill86  last time I did Counsyl (2.5 years ago) and there was a button to click to reveal sex, but I could see the whole report other than that. This time I did MaterniT 21 and it was just out there in the middle of the report. (Although I think I had to fill out a form this time about whether I wanted the sex revealed. I honestly don’t remember). 
  • Options
    @moguippy thanks. she said I just barely didn't pass, so I'm hoping if I am just careful it will be fine. I have an appointment scheduled with a nutritionist now (required if you "fail") so that might be able to give me a realistic idea too. I'm just looking at it as a way to "make healthier choices"... maybe it will help me not gain so much weight htis time around. haha 
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited August 2020
    @PinkKathryn12 - I've been limiting the number of carbohydrates I have at once, especially added sugars. I always pair a protein with my carbs.  For the most part, I haven't really eliminated any specific foods / restaurants in my diet that I was eating normally. Sandwiches/burgers I'll get in a lettuce wrap or eat with a fork and only eat part of the bread. Same thing with taco salads, only a portion of the tortilla shell. If I have pizza, I'll eat the toppings and skip the crust on all but a few slices. For sandwiches/toast, I found a 0 net carb bread at Aldi that we've switched to (even DH, who loves bread, eats it so I consider it a win.) I still eat sweets on occasion, but I just limit my portion sizes. I try not to do more than a "fun size" or two per indulgence if I absolutely need something. I think the biggest change for me was in my beverages, because there are so many juices / teas / sodas / etc. out there that are just riddled with added sugars.  I miss orange juice, but I think if I bought it it would be too easy to overindulge on it. I just eat everything questionable in moderation to begin with and pay attention to my numbers and then make future adjustments accordingly. So far I haven't had any issues, outside of my birthday when I decided to have a fried appetizer AND dessert, but the dietitian said that one high number isn't going to harm our LO, it's all about trends.

Also, not sure what your OB will do, but I check-in with my dietitian once per week to give her my numbers and make sure there's no problems.  She mentioned that around the beginning of 3rd trimester is when they typically see a problem (if there will be one) in patients who otherwise were able to manage their sugars with diet alone.
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*

• Options
    @wildmagelet Thank you! this is so helpful! The nurse on the phone told me to track my numbers and bring them to my appointments so that makes sense. I appreciate the response! makes sense though, just be mindful of what I'm eating, etc.