December 2020 Moms
Options

8.16 - 8.22 Weekly Randoms

Have at it :) 
DS born 2016

Re: 8.16 - 8.22 Weekly Randoms

• Options
    Oh my goodness- student emails are OUT OF CONTROL. I sent out multiple announcements, have a crazy detailed syllabus AND discuss how to handle pretty much all the questions they are asking, but they just keep coming. 😳 
  • Options
    @jchpg I get it from the parent end so I totally get you lol
    DS born 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why can my mind not stop thinking about the what if’s? An article about something in pregnancy popped up on Facebook, scared me and sent me down the rabbit hole of Google. I really wish I could learn to shut my mind off sometimes. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 I know exactly what you are talking about. I do the same thing all the time. If I get too far down a rabbit hole I try to redirect myself to something consuming and different, like learning a new crochet pattern or organizing a pantry. Something I can put my whole brain into. Hope you find some peace and calm 💚
    image     image
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels It’s the worst! I was reading the articles on here and it came up for the daily ones 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m an over thinker and just trying to get it out of my head!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 Yep, sometimes you have to just put the phone down. Maybe set a timer for when you can use your phone or set “no google hours” just to make some boundaries?
  • Options
    I’ve got all of our laundry done and put away, which is awesome. I just have to rewash a couple of shirts that I’m not sure actually made it in, as well as our blanket. Tomorrow is DH’s birthday, so we’re spending the day together. 

I’m sorry you guys are getting overwhelmed with emails and google rabbit holes! 💜
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    I'm having "get it all done" issues. We redid the floor for the office/gym part of our living room (ripped up old carpet and put down vinyl plank). The first day I did all the prep, pulled up the carpet, padding, carpet tack, nails, staples, the whole thing. Yesterday we had our upstairs neighbor help patch the floor by the radiator that had water damage hidden under it and we installed the new plank, moved back all the furniture and relocated the Peloton over there. Today we have to redo the threshold between the carpet and the plank. Now I want to go down to the basement and dig out all of the baby stuff. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it so I've been up since about 4:15 AM. Gah!
  • Options
    @willashbaby. Your post came at funny timing.  I was bleary eyed and up with the dog thinking what am I going to do all day with myself.  I was like I need someone to come over here and tell me what needs to be done.  Thinking about organizing the garage (we just threw all the boxes we didn't unpack into it during our April move) or clean off my dresser.  We will see what actually happens.  So tired!!  

@mom_of_the_vogels. Congrats on sleeping in!  Sounds nice!  
  • Options
    bearmomma1bearmomma1 member
    edited August 2020
    @jbal918 I do that too sometimes, and it got especially bad for me right after the birth of DD. I would drive myself into an anxiety/panic attack reading about all the things that could happen. I'd put my phone down and wasn't allowed to use Dr.Google...I'd remind myself to live in the 'now' and not stress/worry about the 'what if's'. 

@willashbaby nesting kicking in strong! Before my last baby and now this one, we've decided to re-model a bathroom. I still have painting to do and am determined to get it done this week!

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @willashbaby @dobiemom11 same! Nesting instincts are seriously a real thing. We’re having so many things redone by various contractors for this baby over the next 4 weeks (walls, ceilings, plaster, crown molding, painting). Yesterday, I organized my husbands side of the closet, for the first time in 5 years. I did the bathroom cabinets and all of the kitchen cabinets last week.

Yesterday I just kept roaming through the house saying there’s still so much that has to be done! And my husbands like “what else” and i was like “everythinggg” and he’s like use your words and I’ll help you, but it seems to me like the house looks great and we’ve done everything we can do for now. He was right. But I still feel the itch to find things to improve today! Thinking I can maybe go through the bins under our bed? Lol
  • Options
    @shelmcclel. I worked on the garage and unpacking the boxes for a couple hours.  Now my lower back is killing me!  My brain keeps running through all the things I want to do, but my back says No Ma'am!!  Maybe a nap and then back at it.  
  • Options
    @bearmomma1 I need to do that! Dr. Google is definitely the worst!

@laurenspdx I should! Today I'm minimally on my phone and trying to keep my mind busy! This is the first time that I've been online all day and its so nice, we've been outside a lot today!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @willashbaby I've have so much to do before baby girl gets here! I feel you needing to get it done!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels oh, I am so sorry. I don’t know the best way to handle the feelings other then to say, let yourself feel as you do and that is OK- whatever it is. I’m sending strength and positive thought to you and your friend.
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I’m so sorry to hear about your friend! Sending all the best her way. I agree, don’t punish yourself for feeling any certain way but also try to just breathe and take things as they come. It’s so hard feeling like you can’t do anything and just waiting for news, so be kind to yourself and try to stay present. I’m sure she’s in good hands!
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I’m so sorry. I would try to  focus on things you can do right now instead of the what if’s. Is there anything you can do right now to help out with her kids? Bring dinner? Have them stay with you? 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels i’m so sorry and I hope your bestie will be strong and pull through this for her kiddos. I know the ICU is scary, but continue to find some way to hold onto hope! She’s in the best place she can be, with very dedicated care compared to a regular room. It’s also so hard when you can’t physically be there for someone and ask all of the questions of the doctors and care team. I’ll be thinking of you! 
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I'm so sorry for your friend, her family and you.  Try to focus on what's happening right now and try not to think of the future yet.  Try to be there for her kids, I'm sure it's very scary for them right now.  Think about the kinds of things she'll need when she comes home from the hospital (food, childcare, medicine pickup etc) and try to plan ahead for that.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I’m so sorry for your friend. I hope she’ll recover well. The best thing I can suggest is what others have already done, which is to try not to think too much about what might happen and do your best to focus on right now. I can’t imagine losing either of my best friends right now ☹️  
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    Work is slammed today and I can’t focus anymore. Actually not sure if it’s can’t or won’t focus anymore. I’m gonna try again after lunch. 

Oh I did have a big win last week- I was able to get a nugget couch at their last restock! I’m so excited for DS to get it! 
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I am so sorry. I will keep her in my thoughts. 

I agree with what everyone else is saying. Keep yourself busy but also be there for those sweet kids. They deserve to have support in a time like this.

Please keep us updated on your friend. I really hope everything turns out ok. 
  • Options
    @conni0205 That is a big score! I hope you love it! I am pining over one but we don't have any space for it. 
  • Options
    I guess nesting is setting in, re doing and shuffling kids rooms and going through their clothes and moving furniture around.

We have decided to move our 2 year old upstairs with the bigger kids now,  so the nursery is free for baby Lucy.

I'm looking at giving him a Montessori bed instead of a toddler bed (what we've used for all the older kids),  has anyone used one before,  or have experience with the Montessori bed?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @babymakes9 I did it without even really knowing it was a "thing". When DS was 18 months we took the front off the crib and put his mattress on the floor. It was fine, zero issues. When he was nearly 3 we put him in a twin sized bed and at 4 he moved to the top of a bunk to get ready for room sharing with the new baby. 
  • Options
    sejicasejica member
    edited August 2020
    @babymakes9 we do floor beds as soon as they can roll and can no longer be swaddled, so 4, 5 months? My oldest is 3, my son is 16 mo. At about 18 months we added the box spring back under the mattress, partly for our comfort climbing in to cuddle, partly to keep the next crawlers out. At 3 dd moved up to a loft because she wanted to share with brother, but them being on the same surface was problematic, so they're in the same room. Our floor mattresses have been full and queen sized, so not as traditional montessori.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Are there any apps like this for dads? I want my husband to have something like this on his phone that will help him prepare for baby and know what’s going on with me. Also maybe a chat group like this 
  • Options
    @mom_of_the_vogels I’m so sorry. 
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @autumn87654321 Not that I’ve seen before but I’ve seen Dad’s on here once in a while!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @autumn87654321 my hubs gets weekly email updates from Ovia. I think that’s the only thing I found
  • Options
    We had our hall bathroom minorly renovated last week, and I said I’d paint it instead of having the contractors just touch up (trying to save money and I usually like painting). I painted today and holy hell I’m in so much pain. Was having crazy Braxton Hicks and my hips, back and legs are killing me. Definitely over did it and overestimated the difficulty in painting a bathroom vs. a normal room. Lots of obstacles to bend and climb over. 
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• Options
    @bearmomma1 I did the same thing recently painting my parents’ bathroom for them. Way more maneuvering than I anticipated. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    This week has flown by. I’ve been in curriculum meetings lasting almost 3 hours all week trying to change everything to virtual. School starts soon so we definitely are working hard to finish up loose ends!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    My dog had a little run in with a raccoon last night. We had had heard something clinking around in someone’s bottles outside, but I thought it was a person (we live in a pretty densely populated neighborhood). Then, when I let my pup outside into our small, fenced in yard, he bolted after something in the back bushes. I could hear it rustling around and couldn’t really see either of them, then it made a terrifying noise and chased him out - he was barking and it was screaming. It was awful. He must have cornered it to make it attack. It was HUGE, he’s about 45 lbs and it was essentially his size.

Thank god it didn’t bite or scratch him and he ran right back to the house. We were both so upset. I couldn’t fall asleep until 2AM because I was thinking how terrible it could have been if it hurt him more... and my SO didn’t seem to realize how big a deal it could have been / how upset I was which didn’t help either.

Ugh, rough night 😕
  • Options
    @laurenspdx That sounds TERRIFYING! Raccoons are so scary to me. Their little people-hands and sharp teeth freak me out. Glad your pup is ok!
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 I have always thought they were kind of cute but they are definitely ferocious! And of course I spent hours googling all the way they attack and now I’m legit afraid of them 😬