February 2021 Moms

FFFC 8/14

What’s your flame for this Friday?

Re: FFFC 8/14

• Amy Schumer was in my dream last night. I told her I enjoy her tampon commercial
  • Walked downstairs to start work. I had thought I had a bra downstairs. I didn’t. So I just put on my tshirt since I didn’t have any meetings scheduled anyway. Realized it was my H’s tshirt. Didn’t go back upstairs to change for at least 2 hours. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This is gonna be a bad one. UGH don't judge me.

FFFC.
    My friend just texted me that she is pregnant. I am not happy for her. I am so frustrated. 
    When I got pregnant (semi accidentally) and I told her I was pregnant back in June, she went on and on and on and on and on about how she is so not ready for another baby, she is so overwhelmed with her toddler now, she can't imagine having another one so close in age, she barely sleeps as it is and she is definitely not ready. That was the beginning of june. Our kids are 3 weeks apart. A few weeks later she casually goes "i think we are going to start trying in July" Last time she got pregnant it took about a year. Apparently, it did not take any time this time. my confession is that I"m a horrible person for not being excited for her at all because honestly, since our adult life has started she has copied SO many things that I have done and I am so frustrated by it. (short and sweet version, she copied my wedding colors, venue, wedding band that she originally said was not her style or taste, etc stupid petty things like that) 
    I was just hoping i could like, be pregnant for a while by myself. OYYE. 
    okay, this confession is probably worth a little bit of judgement. 
  • @PinkKathryn12 I’m not judging you for your feelings. I would probably feel the same way. I can also see it from her side. It took us 18mo to get pregnant with DS and then got pregnant on the first try which was a huge surprise. So she probably was not expecting it. I guess just remember imitation is the best form of flattery? Or something like that
  • @moguippy

thanks! I’m trying to reframe my mindset cuz babies are great..  I’ll just vent a bunch to my husband and then should be able to get over it! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 It’s more the fact that she was so adamant about not wanting another baby anyyyytime soon 
  • @PinkKathryn12 eh, just throw some sort of passive aggressive comment like "ready or not here comes another!!" Totally harmless, but might make you feel better... Or just play up how you are so ready and excited for another 😂 then I guess it would be time to move on. Totally valid feelings though
  • @jumpy57 Haha this is so me!! Today i don’t feel as bitter so maybe it was just the shock of it so quickly :)
  • animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    @PinkKathryn12 I get where you're coming from. I had a friend like that many years ago that was always attempting to emulate me (which makes me really uncomfortable. It's a bit of pressure and I'm just like anyone else flawed and all so it's just...weird). She did the same when I announced my wedding. I didn't really care that she was like "oh now we're suddenly having a spur of the moment wedding a couple mos earlier than yours!" (There was no planning time for them & they def weren't planning) but it def irked me for a short time. I think that's just human esp when it's been w/everything else. It's like okay...I didn't know we were in competition. I can't stand that so I think you were just being honest and many would feel the same if in the same situation. It gets old. It feels like they constantly have to one up you so to downplay it then "me too oh weird" is just annoying. Glad you came to terms with it tho because she is who she is & it seems like that's gonna be a thing.

So my FFFC:

I'm getting really, really short fused with most peoples' kids...all (except my best friend's) have just set me over my annoyance threshold as of late. I don't know if this is normal but I am beginning to feel like I want to parent others' kids for them since I see alot of passive "parenting" and kids just running the show. (Like the banshee when we were out for dinner last nite and the mother just let this kid go off while many were having dinner. Kid sat in her stroller shaking it and just kept going off...shrieking. Just. No.) It's not something I will act on, clearly, but it is bothering me that I'm feeling this way & am just trying to ride it out.
  • @animommy I will smile and nod at a parent with a tantruming child at the grocery store or other essential errand... But no, not a restaurant. Switch to takeout or take turns walking the kid/sitting in the car. If I take my kids to a restaurant it's usually at like 5 so we don't annoy anyone 😂 they are usually pretty good though