March 2021 Moms
Options

August Plus size check-in

I think there are a few of us on here...

I figured I'd start with a few questions but feel free to answer all, some, or none

How far along are you?

Any struggles/triumphs?

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy?

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.?

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: August Plus size check-in

• Options

How far along are you? 10 weeks

Any struggles/triumphs? Trying not to gain so much weight but eating all...the...damned...time. 

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? Right now I just want to make it to the second trimester at this point. 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? Not yet. 

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? Workout clothes in a size too small. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9w3

Any struggles/triumphs? 
    All I want to eat are carbs and I’m already gaining more than I “should”. My dr told me to think about a gestational diabetes diet to help control my weight, but bc I’ve been so nauseous right now I just eat what sounds tolerable. 

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? 
    Stay active, I’ve been walking/exercising 4-5 times a week and I really want to keep it up, but it’s been really difficult with how sick I’ve been. 

Any recommendations for soft bras? My boobs are a hot mess of pain. 

An ex-bf once gifted me one of his guitars for my birthday (I don’t play), so he could buy a new one. Biggest WTF moment ever. I ended up giving it to a guy friend. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8w3 

Any struggles/triumphs? Had not realized I was considered obese until I started checking how much I should gain. Have managed to eat a lot healthier, cut way back on caffeine and be a little more active. Got down 3 pounds up to the beginning of this week, but then the nausea kicked in and now I just eat what doesn't trigger my gag response. Oh, and of course, up 2 cup sizes already! Come on!

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? Try not to gain any more than absolutely necessary. Get some more exercise. 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? Anyone else having the massive boob growth this earlier? I already had to buy maternity bras!

• Options
    How far along are you? 9+5

Any struggles/triumphs? I feel pretty good other than super crazy fatigue this week.  I slept at 8-9pm almost every night this week. 

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy?  Pre-preg I was working out 6x a week, my goal for pregnancy is get 4 workouts in a week.  I'm on track for that this week, maybe a 5th one if I feel good this weekend.  My doctor emphasized that I want to minimize my weight gain this pregnancy so I'm shooting for less than 20.  But, we'll see.  

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?  One Christmas, my MIL re-gifted an ugly broach to me and inside the box still had "To MIL, From John"  It was hilarious bc I saw it but wasn't going to say anything but my BIL saw it too and called her out.  We all still get  great laugh about this.  (No one in our family is big on gifts, so after that I've only received cash from her lol)
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    @myfingerhurts I've been rocking some stretch bralettes from Lane Bryant that seem to be helping. Today I'm in a different soft-cup bra and I feel a difference. 
    @cdbaldwin09 I didn't get a lot of growth with this pregnancy (I'm on my 3rd after 2 miscarriages) but they are HEAVY. 
  • Options
    @kloe818 I will have to order some! I got a couple from Torrid and I hate them. They are itchy/scratchy. 

@cdbaldwin09 my boobs have also grown a ton! None of my bras fit, so I’ve def gone up at least a cup size. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 10w3d

Any struggles/triumphs? I’m struggling with the morning sickness. Most of what I can stomach is carbs, so I’m a little worried about continuing the carbs. My a1c is good, but I don’t want to mess anything up. 

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? With my daughter I was able to do well with the weight gain, hoping to do the same this time, and maybe add some exercise.

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? Hmm clothes in the wrong size is definitely a good one. I also got a marionette once from a friend in high school... never really knew what to do with that lol 

@myfingerhurts I bought some sleep/nursing bras from motherhood maternity that I currently live in (except for when I have to go to work, then I wear a big bra) because otherwise my boobs are killing me! 

@cdbaldwin09 mine haven’t grown yet, thankfully... already grew a cup size with my daughter and I wasn’t small to begin with lol. Hoping for not too much more growth this time around 🤞🏾
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    How far along are you? 10 weeks

Any struggles/triumphs? Just feeling blah so not motivated to do much exercising beyond a walk a few times a week.

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? Keep weight gain in check. I was sick the entire pregnancy with my daughter, I only gained 2lbs the whole time. I also had to be induced and I told the OB one of my goals is to never have to have that foley ball again!

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? N/a

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? Probably a huge fish tank when I was in college from a boyfriend. Just not something realistic to deal with and move around during college years.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks tomorrow 

Any struggles/triumphs? I am having a hard time because i cant really eat or srink or exercise. Before getting pregnant i was on a health kick and lost 20 pounds , its hard going from there ( exercising everyday, eating healthy) to being sick and stuck in bed exhausted  all day. 

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? When i feel better (hopefully in second tri?) I will be working with my nutirtionist and personal trainer again. Hopefully that will limit my weight gain, but also make healing better. 

A large , heavy, ceramic sleigh for christmas. Way too heavy to go on a tree and honestly,  horrendous 
  • Options
    Omg @jemjed I did everything I could to try to avoid the balloon for my induction. 24hrs and not much change later and I finally gave in. It was not fun but it did the trick! But I’m also hoping to avoid it this time 🤞🏾
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks

Any struggles/triumphs? Nausea is kicking my butt. I am only interested in eating cereal, toast, or chicken nuggets. I also made the mistake of looking at a photo of myself in the best shape of my life right before I started IVF so that was a mind game too. 

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? I want to start working out again, but I won't until I'm cleared by my doctor, hopefully I find out more next week! I want to start doing the new prenatal Barre Blend program on Beachbody on demand. 

Any questions for other plus size FTM/STM/etc.? So, this is very specific. I've lost a large amount of weight, and definitely have loose skin, so I've been wearing mostly high waisted things to help keep things in place. I literally cannot run if I don't have firm compression over my stomach, I've actually hurt my back by wearing something too loose. Unfortunately, I cannot currently tolerate anything over my stomach, and now I'm nervous that maternity wear will also bother me. How are maternity waistbands? Are they soft and stretchy? My normal high waisted leggings feel awful at the waistband when I pull them up over my belly! 

GTKY: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? It's actually really funny, one of my aunts was hands down the worst gift giver in the family. You name it, she did it. There was the year she gave my dad and my uncle HIDEOUS ski hats (they didn't ski), and then there was the year that she gave me and my 2 cousins the decorative moving Christmas dolls from a local discount store that went out of business (she left the sticker on! :D ) We still giggle about that. And I do miss her something fierce, when I told my other aunt about this pregnancy we both immediately said Auntie Claire would have practically moved into my house with me. :D 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @manillabar Which bra from Motherhood do you recommend? I think I'm hitting the point where my sports bras are starting to dig into my shoulders from the added weight of my chest! 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Options
    @mvt2003 The maternity pants I have are very stretchy and I got them from Motherhood. A Bellaband might be more what you're looking for. I hear you on the loos skin thing. I lost quite a bit of weight myself and put some back on during IVF and, while I don't run, I understand the problem. 
  • Options
    @mvt2003 Maternity full panel pants are amazing.  They're soft and stretchy, especially the workout pants.  Not like usual workout compression.  My regular compression pants were starting to cut into my bump and so I made the switch to maternity leggings.  These are the ones I have.  Hopefully the Barre workout you're planning on doing won't have too much running or jumping so hopefully you're able to start working out with the support of maternity leggings.
  • Options
    @mvt2003 +1 to what the others said about the maternity full panel pants! I just ordered some from old navy, hoping they fit so I can ditch trying to squeeze into my regular pants. I do also have a belevation belly band that I really like, plus one that is kinda like spanx with a soft belly part that I like for dresses. 

For the bras, though, I actually kept wearing my regular bras (though I did eventually size up) for going out and such. I got the sleep bras from motherhood maternity for lounging/sleeping since being braless is too uncomfortable these days 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    How far along are you? 9 weeks!

Any struggles/triumphs? SO. Exhausted. And feeling really weak and lightheaded. So thankful my mom was over for a few days to help with my 16mo old.

Do you have any goals for yourself (health-related or otherwise) for this pregnancy? Definitely to keep the weight gain in check. My last pregnancy I only gained around 15lbs, so that would be nice. And to take a walk once a day. 

Hmm.... probably a check....that bounced lol. 
  • Options
    Hmm.... probably a check....that bounced lol. 
    OMG this reminds me of one time my husband got a blank gift card, like it hadn't been activated or loaded, from of one of his clients at the gym he coached at. HAHAHA. We got a great laugh.