February 2021 Moms
Options

PGAL check in 8/11/20

This thread is for anyone who has experienced loss at any point in pregnancy or experienced the loss of a child. ((Please feel free to share your loss story if you haven’t already.))

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 

Any upcoming appointments? 

GTKY: what’s your favorite TV series? Past and/or present. 

Re: PGAL check in 8/11/20

• Options
    How far along are you? 14+3

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Physically, much better but not 100%. Mentally, less anxious than earlier but still pretty anxious. We plan on announcing publicly after my appt tomorrow so that’s nerve racking. 

Any upcoming appointments? Tomorrow at the OB, Saturday for the 3 hour glucose, Monday at the endocrinologist. 

GTKY: what’s your favorite TV series? Past and/or present.  I love NCIS but also loved How I met your Mother. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14+6

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Still nauseous, exhausted, anxious

Any upcoming appointments? Not until September for my 18 week check the. Anatomy scan on sept 15th at 20 weeks!

GTKY: what’s your favorite TV series? Past and/or present. Greys anatomy, parenthood, big brother 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eqveqv member
    How far along are you? 13+4

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? The nausea has improved; I went to the emergency department over the weekend with some bleeding (details in the bleeding/spotting/support thread). It really messed with my mind to see blood after feeling pretty confident in this pregnancy. We've already told my stepdaughter (who immediately told her mom and all her family), and I of course entered the loss headspace where we'd have to tell everyone about a loss and go through a farther-along loss with my husband deployed. Anyway, the baby and I checked out fine and I've had no further bleeding. But it was unsettling, and I've been waking up in the middle of the night and having too many thoughts about exactly what would happen if things don't go our way. Anyone with pregnancy insomnia advice? I was previously taking unisom for nausea but am trying to stay away from it now.  

Any upcoming appointments? My NIPT blood draw is coming up soon, and a 15 week appointment in two weeks.

GTKY: what’s your favorite TV series? Past and/or present. Arrested Development (which of course only has three seasons) will always be a favorite; lately, I've enjoyed my share of fluff like the new Indian Matchmaking show on Netflix. Watching with my husband (who abhors such fluff), we've enjoyed a one-season show called Taboo with Tom Hardy and Fauda, an extremely biased show about an Israeli anti-terrorist unit. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    15+2/1 February/Baby is the size of an orange 

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? 
    Since we’ve finished our road trip to my family farm after 8 days, the Braxton Hicks have calmed down a little. My BP was low all day yesterday but I feel a little better today so hopefully things will even out on that front. I’ve still been fighting some intense nausea so yay for that not being done yet 🙄
    Emotionally, I’m okay, just super nervous to have 5 weeks from my appointment with my MFM until my anatomy scan at my SIL’s OB after Labor Day. Up until now I’ve had appointments every 2 weeks. 😆

Any upcoming appointments? See above. 

GTKY: what’s your favorite TV series? Past and/or present. Friends. The Big Bang Theory. HGTV. 😂

@eqv I’m glad you went to get checked out and things looked good. I would have wanted that reassurance as well. Hopefully no more bleeding!

@moguippy I hope your appointment went well today! How are you announcing?? I can’t bring myself to announce on any social media yet. 😕
  • Options
    moguippymoguippy member
    edited August 2020
    @mdfarmchick My appt went well! Heard the heartbeat so that was reassuring. We bought big brother/little brother shirts so something with that. Not sure when we will do social media, probably soon, but I’m excited (and nervous) to tell more friends and probably our youth group kids tonight.

also, I can’t believe I wrote HIMYM over Big Bang Theory. I loved that show
  • Options
    15+3

I tink I had a really low blood pressure day today. I could hardly function. I'm hoping tomorrow is better. I'm starting to get a little bump so that's making me feel good 🥰

Sens8 on Netflix was really good, The Following, The Challenge, Master Chef, So you think you can dance
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13+3

How are you feeling (symptoms, mentally/emotionally)? Physically tired and nauseous again and a little crampy since yesterday. Nervous about my thyroid being "higher than they like" & not knowing til now or starting the medicine til tomorrow.
    Mentally/emotionally, nervous as all hell and also angry yet deeply saddened with my mother and her drama which I have now had it with after her latest stunt. She's always been an "emotional punisher" & I simply am too old for this & refuse to allow this in LO's/my life. It won't stop then especially if she's doing it when she knows we're expecting & high risk. She also knows we had a loss last year. My fear is it'll get worse. She's given me the silent treatment the majority of this pregnancy if she isn't being nasty & never once seemed positive even when we told her after years of pressuring me for a "grandchild" which she now denies (this is VERY unlike her. She always acknowledges if she said something at least). I feel awful about it but I can't continue to endure it anymore.

Any upcoming appointments? 8-25 I see the OB Nurse for another appointment then MFM in September.

GTKY: what’s your favorite TV series? It's gotta be Game of Thrones and/or Vikings.
  • Options
    @moguippy oh that’s fun! We did that with my second. I freaking love The Big Bang Theory. We’ve watched it so many times. 😂

@animommy I’m sorry your mom is causing problems. 
  • Options
    jumpy57jumpy57 member
    edited August 2020
    @animommy ❤️ parent drama is so hard. I hope you can lean on others that support and are happy for you. Also, how did I forget about Vikings!!! 

Edit, typo