January 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Pillows/Sleep Gear

Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product. Feel free to comment on these threads throughout your time at the board, not just during its week in the spotlight, if you discover something new OR are new to the board. This week we're talking.... Pillows and sleep gear for use during pregnancy as our bellies get bigger.

FTMs are encouraged to ask questions & STM/+s encouraged to share their knowledge based on experience. Pictures/screen grabs, if put in spoilers, are welcome!

Past product spotlights and ones planned for the future are at this link -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P3okZOAvhVpv0_H6D-T4bKxzmuB2ik7mDbbkQARJeNY/edit#gid=0

Re: Product Spotlight: Pillows/Sleep Gear

• This is probably an UO but I bought a Snoogle last time and hardly used it at all. I could never get comfortable with it. I'm a side sleeper and occasionally need a small pillow between my knees but the Snoogle was overkill. I still have it so maybe round 2 will be different but my dog got more use out of it than I did last pregnancy.
    Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have the snoogle and love/hate it. It keeps the sciatica away so I use it but it is annoyingly large
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a snoogle and liked it just fine but my husband and dog stole it. I just ordered a new pillow that looks very similar but was $10 less so hopefully that one works out
  • I have one of those giant u-shapes pillows (off brand of a snoogle probably) and while it’s definitely large, I love having something under my belly, between my knees, and behind my back. I also like that when I switch sides, I don’t have to flip the entire pillow, or pillows to the opposite side. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• I had a snoogle type thing with my last pregnancy and really liked it! I think we have it away when we moved. Now my husband has a giant body pillow so we won’t be able to fit two on the bed. I’ll just have to pull rank ;)
  • Buy buy baby sent me the wrong pillow 😭 I guess I'll wait for them to replace it
  • I was very overwhelmed by my Snoogle pillow also, @lacroixliz. Luckily I was just borrowing it from my cousin and didn’t buy it. I find relief from a small throw pillow between my legs or even behind my back when I’m on my side simply to remind me not to roll to my back while I’m sleeping. 
  • I've always slept with a pillow between my knees but that hasn't been enough for my hips lately. My husband got me a fairly supportive body pillow (Coop, I've used this brand before). It's pretty big but I like that it doesn't wrap all the way around me and it's definitely supportive enough to relieve my hip pain.