Weekly Check-In 8/10

How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):
FTM/STM/STM+:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song?

Re: Weekly Check-In 8/10

• Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):  13+2
    FTM/STM/STM+:  STM+
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:  lemon?
    Upcoming appointments:  Weekly ultrasounds the next 3 weeks with MFM
    How are you feeling?:  Physically OK. 
    Rants/Raves:  Still bleeding some but I had an ultrasound with MFM this morning and it doesn't seem to be affecting the pregnancy. Doc isn't sure why it's occurring. Baby was bouncing all around and busy. Couldn't feel a thing!
    Chromosome test came back as positive for Trisomy 18.  We are going to do an amnio in 2-3 weeks for better info. We have a one in five chance of everything being OK.  So we're basically praying for a miracle.  Getting a weekly ultrasound until the amnio.
    Questions:  Not now. Just kind of in shock.
    GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song?  ABBA or Toto?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    birdiejobirdiejo member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 13 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a large laduree macaron 
    Upcoming appointments: Not til August 31
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good finally! Just jealous of people who are feeling movement. I want movement!
    Rants/Raves: I mentioned this elsewhere but I went for the NIPT and they sent it to a lab that's out of network. I asked if I could redo it and send to an in network lab but their response was that that they don't know of any other labs 🤔. Then Myriad responded to my request for the cost and said they didn't know but if I went outside of insurance it would be the low low cost of $600. Agh. I can apply for it to be cheaper, as low as $295. I'm pretty sure if I sent it to an in network provider the cost would be $0 so this blows.
    Questions: 
    GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? I've never done karaoke before but if I were brave id do spice girls or another cheesy fun song from the 90's.

@cmoon3 wow that's stressful news. I'll be hoping for the best possible outcome!
  • Options
    @cmoon3 hoping everything turns out ok. Which test was it? NIPT?  My friend had her bloodwork that goes along with the NT come back positive but she had a perfectly healthy baby. Hoping it’s the same for you. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 14+5

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of a maple leaf

Upcoming appointments: not until September

How are you feeling?: if I don’t eat I am still extremely nauseous. Still anxious and probably will be until the anatomy scan.

Rants/Raves: I’m starting to feel slightly less exhausted

Questions:

GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? Baby got back is a good go to, but I pretty much avoid karaoke
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 14+2
    FTM/STM/STM+: FTM
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Peach
    Upcoming appointments: Nothing until next month.
    How are you feeling?: So far so good. Pretty bummed part of the family is avoiding me on my birthday tomorrow because of COVID, but I appreciate their concern about it.  I'm actually way more apprehensive about SS having to go back to school in-person than my parents who I know take this stuff seriously. Even at half-capacity, they're going be super crowded between periods.
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rave - I have a private office, but I have another office I visit daily for lunch. Friday after I left (it was a particularly toddler-centric conversation) one of the guys asked the group if they thought it was okay that they talked about kids as much when I was there.  And then it evolved into this whole sweet conversation about whether or not they need to be worried about talking about their kids in front of me, my relationship with my stepkids, whether or not DH and I were going to try again. One person in that office knows that we're pregnant and told me about it, and she said she just told them that we talked frequently about kids, that I was okay, and tried to move it onto something else. Our loss was 3 years ago, but I was just totally floored that he remembered and remembered how it had affected me back then and was worried about my well-being over our casual lunch chats. It just totally gave me the warm and fuzzies for the rest of the day <3  I'm pretty much going to have to tell that group first when we get around to it (hopefully) later this week. SD should be back from training tomorrow, so once we tell her, we can tell DH's grandma and then the sky is the limit.
    Questions: None today :)

GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? I'm partial to musicals, but most of the places around me that do karaoke don't carry showtunes. I like karaoke though, and am willing to try anything as long as I have a basic grasp of the melody and the lyrics for the chorus, lol.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @cmoon3 - One thing my genetic counselor pounded into me was that the thing to remember about NIPT and several other 1st trimester tests is that it's a screening test and not a diagnostic test. So they tell you there's a % chance the pregnancy might be affected by it, but it's not a guarantee. I know of several people who have had false positives, the percentages vary based on the specific test. You won't get a definitive diagnosis until after the amnio.  Also, if you've been going to MFM for ultrasounds, there are several physical markers that can show up for T18 on your scans - has your doctor or US tech said if anything showed up abnormal?

We'll all be thinking about you, for sure. Keep us posted on your scans & amnio appt and don't hesitate if you need something.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    adorebeladorebel member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 15+2
    Baby is the size of: an avocado, a pear, a box of crayons
    Upcoming appointments: possibly one coming up to determine whether I should teach in person this fall 
    How are you feeling?: Physically, fine, if a bit tired. Mentally, on anxiety overload about going back to teaching and sending my kid to preschool when I don't feel ready.
    Rants/Raves: Don't want to have to go back to my job in person. 
    Questions: N/A
    GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? "Get It On" by T-Rex or "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls

@cmoon3 I'm sorry for the anxiety about the test and the waiting. I've been there. Please feel free to DM me if you want to chat. xo
    Rainbow Baby? {2.1.21}
    MC at 8 weeks {EDD 9.2.20}
    Rainbow Girl! {2.28.16}Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby boy, lost at 16 weeks {EDD 6.10.15}

• Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 14+2

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: As tall as a playing card

Upcoming appointments: none till the anatomy scan at 18 wks (9/8)

How are you feeling?: better than the beginning. Still nauseous if I don’t eat something every few hrs. 

Rants/Raves: Rant-jumping on the Mom annoyance bandwagon. Long story short, my mom is, for lack of better words, an attention whore and makes everything about her. I didn’t tell her about DS’s pregnancy until 20 wks bc of it and she still guilt-tripped me/made it about her. She’s continuing to do the same thing with this pregnancy 😒

Questions: For all those in a school setting- are you doing in person teaching or opting to work digitally (if that’s an option?)? My board of ed is voting tonight if hybrid teaching is acceptable or we have to do full on teaching. I’m an elementary speech pathologist and I’d be in my building 5 days a wk regardless of the outcome, seeing my caseload of 35+ kids daily. My OB said she had no issue writing a medical exemption note for me, but then I get thrown into a pool of “digital teachers” and could see any child grades k-12 whose parents opted them out of in person and my caseload would have someone else see them. It’s a hard choice to make and I have to let my district know by the end of this week. 

GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? Most likely a boy band song, maybe “I Want It That Way” by BSB?
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 13+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: app says lemon? How do people come up with the creative items?!

Upcoming appointments: August 27th. 

How are you feeling?: MUCH better. I have so much more energy, and the nausea has mostly subsided. Thank goodness.

Rants/Raves: It's my birthday today, and my Husband and I celebrated this weekend at a lovely resort about an hour away from is. It was so fun :)

Questions:

GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? Based on all the other responses, I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but I LOVE kareoke! My voice is terrible but my stage presence is on point ;) My go-tos are Madonna's Like a Prayer, anything late 90's early 2000's pop (Brit, Christina, BSB, Nsync), or Toto's Africa. 

@cmoon thinking of you and hoping for good news soon
  • Options
    15+2
    STM+
    Next appointment later this month

Feeling pretty good! Actually starting to get a bump I think (I'm really tall so there's a lot of room)

I'm very excited for Amazon to deliver the candy I ordered today 😂

No questions
    I'm not a karaoke fan 😬 last time I participated was for a friend's bachelorette party, my sister and I sang Taking Care of Business because we didn't realize it was like 5 hours long

@cmoon3 ❤️ thinking of you!
  • Options
    aaimeeaaimee member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 12 weeks, 1 day
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (two girls)
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lime/plum
    Upcoming appointments: First one this Friday! It'll finally feel more real to hear the heartbeat and hopefully have a sonogram.
    How are you feeling?: Fatigue has started to subside a little. Morning sickness has passed. Just wish I could get to the gym again. (was an avid 5days a week gym goer before Covid). 
    Rants/Raves: I've been without a car since the end of June. Hubby has been working a lot of overtime and finally has all the parts needed to fix it. He claims by Sunday but I'm not holding my breath. I can't wait til I can finally get a newer car (and bigger!). My birthday was last Tuesday and naturally there was no card or anything from my hubby. I get jealous when I see friends who have these amazing gifts ro adventures for their special occasions. We did go out for dinner so I guess I can't be too upset. Just once I'd love to have a huge birthday bash for me, even as a kid I didn't have any. 

Questions: 
    GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? I sound TERRIBLE so I don't sing unless I'm alone in the car... but if I had to pick a song, Give Me One Reason-Tracy Chapman
  • Options
    @kkfishy9 happy birthday! 

• Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 14+4
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Peach!
    Upcoming appointments: Friday for my 1 hr glucose
    How are you feeling?: Meh. Not terrible, still really nauseous in the morning and have had really bad headaches. 
    Rants/Raves: We announced on social media over the weekend! I'm glad everyone knows now but am also still terrified of having a loss. 
    Questions: none this week! 
    GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? Total eclipse of the heart is my sister and mine's duet, Piano Man is my solo piece. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Options
    @birdiejo @kkfishy9 @jumpy57 Thanks for the good wishes.
    @moguippy I had the MaterniT 21 test.
    @WildMagelet The test results were a 78% positivity rate for T18, and we want 100% results with the amnio.  So we basically have a one in five chance that maybe everything will be OK. There's some hope, but it's not likely.  But we definitely want better info.  As of two days ago, there are no markers on the ultrasound at 13w2d.  The MFM doc wants to do them weekly until I can have the amnio.  They're definitely going to let me know if they see anything on ultrasound.  Once again, I love how knowledgeable you are!  Baby and growth are perfect despite unexplained bleeding and the test results.
    @adorebel I'm sorry that you found yourself in a similar situation. The stress really sucks, and the waiting game is mind numbing.
  • Options
    @szwill86 thank you!!  <3
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):
    FTM/STM/STM+:  STM+, 13 weeks!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby is the size of a lemon 
    Upcoming appointments: next appointment is September 8th
    How are you feeling?: nauseous and more excited now that i had an ultrasound. 
    Rants/Raves: my mother is so condescending about this pregnancy. Has called me fertile mertyl and told me I chose the wrong time to be pregnant then got mad at me when I told her all that was hurtful.
    Questions:
    GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? Bohemian Rhapsody!!
  • Options
    animommyanimommy member
    edited August 2020
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days):  13w+3d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM (Rainbow Baby)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A Tamagotchi

Upcoming appointments: 8-25; 2nd appt with OB Nurse

How are you feeling?: Physically? Tired, nausea has returned when eating. Otherwise, nervous and angry...

Rants/Raves: I got a call today fromthe OB Nurse's office after 2 different people (incl MFM) went over my bloodwork saying all looked good (they read off my thyroid as well which I was relieved by, as I had a weird feeling about it) well, evidently, they want me to begin thyroid medicine tomorrow as my TSH came back 3.6 back when I was 11 wks. They like it at about 2.0-2.5. My previous OB ditched me (many of you saw that story) & so I'm wondering if it's been this way the whole time or just recent.
    Also, many know my mother has been causing drama and she's decided to go all out with that and I'm at the point where I have to deeply consider fully cutting ties for my own sanity & due to concern when kiddo arrives. I'm usually not this open but it's really devastating me especially at a time like this. However, this goes way, way back with her and I simply cannot endure anymore & need support & not drama or poison in my life. I do NOT take this lightly. 
    On the positive side: I recently reconnected with a local best friend of 20 years who's extremely excited & supportive about the pregnancy & we have a (just like old times!) retail therapy day planned hopefully Friday!

Questions: Hmmm...

GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? I so don't do Karaoke.
  • Options
    @wildmagelet @kkfishy9 Happy Birthday fellow Leos!

@cmoon3 Finger crossed for you & please please keep us posted! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? (Weeks + Days): 11 weeks and 6 days
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lime!
    Upcoming appointments: August 31
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good! We just found out we are having a boy! Like 20 minutes ago! 
    Rants/Raves:

I haven't had a shower in weeks. My beloved water pressure is not working out. Baths before breakfast is my life for the past month.

Did the genetic testing. I feel better knowing that we are at low risk. I haven't had any cravings like at all, like ever. I just knew I would eat the world but I  feel like my tastebuds are on vacation.

Honestly I miss sex.

Questions:
    GTKY: If you were to sing Karaoke, what would be your go-to song? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh One Week by Bare Naked Ladies. Without a doubt. Or Bawitdaba by Kid Rock. Only viable options really. I cannot sing at all but I can talk really fast.
  • Options
    @earlgrey_honey I like your karaoke style, maybe we could duette 😂