Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
Married 10/15/11
M/C October 2014
BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

Re: UO Thursday 8/6

• Options
    I hate space.
    It's so difficult to wrap my head around the money spent on space exploration when that dollar investment could go so much further if invested in public services.
    MH loves it.  He watches all the rocket launches and follows all the exploration groups.  I almost always make him turn it off until after I fall asleep.
  • Options
    @gh1219 I get it. I think it’s cool and all but I’m sometimes left scratching my head by all the resources poured into exploration when there’s so much need on earth. And don’t get me started on space force...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That’s actually a really good point @gh1219 and I’ve never thought of it that way. It does seem like maybe we’re not aware of something that the government/scientists do know as the reason why it’s so important
  • Options
    Most of our technological advances have come from the "space race". It serves a purpose.
  • Options
    I agree I agree with the sentiment about comprehending how much is spent on space exploration, but I agree with @willashbaby that MANY major advances that benefit everyday people have come from this. I also think it’s amazing what we can do! 

OU- I would say the same about military spending. I know the same applies, that so much great discovery has come from the money spent, but I think it’s WAY in excess. 

In line with this, we spend way too LITTLE on medical advancements and understating basic science. While the numbers sound high when you hear them, science is expensive! A little does NOT go a long way.