November 2020 Moms
Options

August Symptoms

Re: August Symptoms

• Options
    I’m playing catch up over here but @mia80 my DD definitely did not get baths more than 1-2 times a week in her first year. You are not far off and as @lurvleybunchococonuts said, there is no wrong question or answers. It’s definitely all about whys right for each kid and family. My DD’s scalp and skin would get too dry when she was young if I bathed her too much. And one point I also discovered that I could not use baby shampoo/body wash on her head - it always caused cradle cap to come back with a vengeance. I also think the only reason infrequent baths are okay for newborns is because you tend to be wiping them down day in and day out with baby wipes whether it’s from a poopy diaper or spit up/throw up that makes its way under their necks and down their chests. 🤷🏽‍♀️

All you ladies are amazing! I love the sharing of information, stories, and resources for PPD & PPA. 

+1 to heartburn graduating today acid reflux @bserena. I have had horrible heartburn since day 1 but now I’m getting the acid just coming up. 🤢 especially at night. I remember this happening when pregnant with DD. In the later months I would literally wake from a dead sleep, choking on acid. It’s gross. I found that taking a famotidine (generic Pepcid) before dinner and sometimes also before bed helps tremendously. 

@ejj58 that sounds scary! So glad you’re okay! 
  • Options
    name1109name1109 member
    edited August 2020
    @ejj58 @bundleofjoy4iluvu that’s how I almost had baby 3 at 34 weeks! My OB sent me to labor and delivery and I was dilating. They gave me a steroid shot for her lungs and my husband had to come home from his business trip! I’ve really struggled with hydration this time. As in, I went on a walk and then had to sit down for four hours!!  

This time (as in yesterday) I’ve started using the Nuun sports hydration tablets and it’s helped me stay hydrated. 

@laurenmicheley I’m fairly certain you’ve tried but in the off chance you haven’t. I get awful hip pain if I don’t put a thick/firm pillow between my legs when I sleep on my side. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 to peeing all the time. I think I peed like 3x before bed and 3x overnight. It's exhausting.
  • Options
    Yes to the constant peeing. I am SO OVER IT! 

I’m getting hip pain, but not nearly as bad as my last pregnancy so I’m grateful for that...this baby seems to stay snuggled up on my right side near my rib cage and it hurts sooooo bad. The only comfortable way for me to lay is in my left side but then my shoulder and arm fall asleep soooo fast 😩 it’s miserable lol. And I know it will get worse before it gets better, ugh. 
  • Options
    @bundleofjoy4iluvu - crazy isn't it! I didn't think I was doing that bad but it really does sneak up
  • Options
    How about leaking? Anyone else start with that?! I’m dribbling all over my shirt today. My boobs were pretty sore yesterday and today my poor shirt can’t catch a break haha. 

I don’t usually wear a bra during the day since I’m working from home and don’t do video chats or go out like that. Ended a meeting and shifted around to notice a chilly wet spot on my shirt. Looked down and there’s a perfectly round, smaller than a dime sized wet spot right at nipple height. 😂😂😂 about peed my pants. Now it won’t stop. I’m a FTM at 26 weeks. This just feels so early....
  • Options
    @mama-buckets that does seem early too me but I’m also not the best person to know what normal is when it comes to boobs and breastfeeding hahah! I had a breast reduction about 10 years ago and I am sure it impacts how milk production works. When I was pregnant with DD I didn’t start to fully leak until I was about 37 weeks. Both last time and this time, I can tell colostrum like substance is starting to leak in tiniest amount because my nipples with have just a bit of crusty substance occasionally. It’s kind of weird. Haha. 
  • Options
    @name1109 You know it! I've been sleeping with my snoogle since like 8-weeks LOL. I'm glad I'm in Physical Therapy for my rib, she's been super cool about massaging my butt and hip and it does usually help for a little while.
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 yea it’s not a lot at a time for me either. Leaving little dribble marks on my shirt no bigger than a dime at its biggest and from what I can tell it doesn’t have a color...just....happening lol. Made me nervous at first, and now I can’t stop laughing. 
  • Options
    @mama-buckets @krystrist2014 I've been leaking for weeks now.  Not all the time but on and off. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @mama-buckets I've been leaking the past couple of weeks, feels alot earlier than with my last pregnancy. Guess it's just another one of those "every pregnancy is different" things. Last pregnancy I was probably 35 weeks and DH and i were arranging the nursery. Something pressed against my boob (and of course I was the overheating preggo lady so I didnt have a top on) and I just remember milk shooting across the room. I almost peed myself laughing. It scared the heck out of DH, he had no idea what happened 😅 
  • Options
    No leaking for me and my boobs haven't been sore since first tri but the last few days they are so sore I suspect the leaking is coming soon! 

+1 for peeing a lot!! Sometimes my bladder feels so full I'm afraid I'm going to pee on myself, get to the bathroom and it's literally drops lol. But if I don't go DS thinks my bladder is a basketball and kicks me until I go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Add me to the peeing constantly club! It doesn’t help that my little guy is constantly kicking my bladder. 
  • Options
    Definitely peeing soooo much, like all of you. I especially love it when I don't have to pee and something bumps into my belly, which causes baby to press on my bladder and suddenly I have to go so bad!

Also, the SPD pain is back. 🙁 Luckily I already have another appt with the chiropractor coming up, so hopefully it helps.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    Re: peeing. ALL THE TIME. Every 30 minutes I swear. It is the worst.
  • Options
    @mtengl been there 🤷🏻‍♀️ I coughed while brushing my teeth and peed my pants. I had literally just went. 

Funny TMI story but the morning I went into labor with DS I was laying in bed and thought my water broke. Turns out it didn’t. I just peed myself 🤦‍♀️. We went went the ER and were sent home. I ended back in with full blown labor like 12hours later. 
  • Options
    kerriec93kerriec93 member
    edited August 2020
    @windywoman +1 on the 'water breaking' 😅 I had literally just walked out of the bathroom (from peeing), was walking across our living room and felt water trickle down my leg with DS. I freaked out and called the OB, and we made the hour drive to the hospital to find out I had just peed myself. Oy. 😅
  • Options
    Anyone else having BH alllllll the dang time?! It doesn’t seem to matter if I’m hydrated, dehydrated, active, couch potato, I get them all the time. They’re annoying. 
  • Options
    I’ve been getting Braxton Hicks pretty frequently. Also peeing so often. I’ve been waking up at night for the second or third time, deciding if I have to go badly enough to get up, and falling back asleep trying to decide. 
  • Options
    Yes @kitkatz1990 and @surlyjaneausten I am definitely getting more BH too. I have panicked bc of the early dilation, but my ob said it's pretty normal for the gestational age.

I have had 2 this am, but of course I am not well hydrated. Also I can tell when I am more active I get more. So I try to drink extra water to be safe and take a rest.
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 Yup, lots of BH here too, although they kind of come and go pretty mysteriously. One day I've have them constantly, then nothing the next day, with no discernible difference in behavior. I will say that when I've been super well hydrated I think they're better, but it's hard to tell.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @mama-buckets that is awesome
    ditto on the Braxton here.

re water breaking: mine was dramatic, it was literally gushes and gushes. I pretty much stood in the shower until DH was ready to go and soaked through like two pair of yoga pants in no time.
  • Options
    @mama-buckets @mtengl butthole is way funnier 😂😂
  • Options
    Nosebleeds! I mean I had them last pregnancy and this, but keep forgetting to mention it. It's just annoying.
  • Options
    Has anyone had increase anxiety/depression? I don't know if it is just hormonal or combo of not feeling well physically because of pregnancy symptoms + being exhausted from work and chasing toddler...
  • Options
    @mtengl I'm here for the anxiety! I go to bed super tired, and am hit with "what ifs" and wondering about social interactions i had during the day. It's honestly, the only thing that's been bothering me all of 2nd trimester...other than the constant need to pee that is...
  • Options
    @reirei84  I have been on Zoloft since a little bit after the birth of DD who is 19 months now with same dose. I think I am going to talk to my OB about upping it. I know part of is it exhaustion but yeah.
  • Options
    I have lost my appetite or I am only able to eat like half a meal before getting full. I think this happened with DS too but I am not 100% sure. 
  • Options
    @mtengl 🙋🏻‍♀️ I think it's hormones and CoVID life. I am stressed about DD being in preschool vs keeping her home. We both work from home full time, so I feel like it's a balance of sanity and safety. Plus then having a newborn in a pandemic doesn't seem ideal to say the least.

Lots of tears tonight craving normalcy and fear of how tough it's going to be in a few months. But the hormones do not help me create sane, rational thoughts.
  • Options
    Last night I woke up from a dream I was in Moldova with uncontrollable shivering (the shivering was real, Moldova was not). I was so cold! I got DH to throw another blanket over me and I snuggled up to him to warm up before the feeling passed. The same thing happened once before, about a month or two ago, but other than that I’m usually on the warmer side at night. It was so weird! So... autonomic.
  • Options
    As soon as I say I have no symptoms....haha! 

Yesterday, I went on a walk and I suddenly felt my hands a little tingly/stretched out. They were swollen. Nothing insane, but just enough to be noticeable. It totally freaked me out as I haven't had any swelling thus far. Subsided when I got home and cooled off, so I'm assuming it was the exercise and heat...still was very weirded out! 

Anyone else having swelling issues? 
  • Options
    -No appetite only eating because I know I need to. Not because I feel full I just am not hungry. 
    -Achy in the evening
    -Peeing again at night ( although that window was short when I didn't need to) 

• Options
    @mtengl I’m not a doctor but I learned this pregnancy that some experience prenatal depression or antepartum depression? I know post baby I’m a lot of tears and in a world of fog. Im usually okay during pregnancy but from a quick google 10-14% I think it said experience depression during pregnancy? 
  • Options
    Where is everyone feeling kicks? I keep feeling really strong ones in my left side and I'm wondering if it means baby is laying transverse / sideways
  • Options
    lalarose22lalarose22 member
    edited August 2020
    @reirei84 yes to swelling! Lately it’s been in my feet/ankles after being on my feet for a long period time. It’s definitely gotten worse with the heat. 
  • Options
    @bserena my babygirls breech so alllll the low kicks! I actually googled it bc TMI I felt like her foot was going to freaking come out, turns out she’s really into kicking the top of my cervix lately 🙃