December 2020 Moms
Options

August Workout/Mindfulness Thread

Check-in here if you want to discuss working out, eating healthy or any other healthy habit you're working on!

What physical workouts are you doing?

What are you doing for your mental health?

What mindfulness practices are you doing?

Do you have any questions for the board?

Any great resources/things you've loved you want to share?

Re: August Workout/Mindfulness Thread

• Options
    Still clinging onto running! I don’t know how many more weeks I have before it just isn’t realistic anymore but I’m trying to do at least 2 miles at least 2x/ week.

Today I did a mile warm up and managed to get it in under 12 minutes (which feels like a big deal right now. Pre-pregnancy I was about a 10 min mile and an 8 min in my glory days). I still dream of returning to ultramarathons again after baby comes but I’m being kind to myself for my little half hour sessions for now.

Aside from that I’m also still doing strength training and yoga!
  • Options
    @laurenspdx bravo on the running!  That’s impressive and I’m a little envious. 

I had a good 3 year period taking 4 mile jogs a few times a week, it was awesome and I even forgot what it was like to feel sad, and then I just stopped one day.  I tried to pick it up again in March (before I knew I was pregnant) and I we on spring break from teaching. But once virtual teaching started it was hard to get it happening. 
    ive got two wacko dogs so i try to take them on a 2 mile walk every day  which feels good. I wish I could leave them home and have a relaxing walk but I always feel guilty and take them. The 2 miles always ends up taking almost an hour which is a little embarrassing but the dogs need to stop and sniff a lot. 

I’ve been trying to do yoga but that doesn’t end up happening more than once a week. I can add more of that to my goal this week.  

For my mental health I’ve been unsuccessful :/. When I get things done and eat good o always feel better but I haven’t been able to get things done or eat well because I feel like an emotional wreck lately which is preventing me from anything done. Feeling a little stuck.   Any suggestions how to get out of this cycle?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @autumn87654321 Thanks! Ya it’s keeping me sane. I went through a rough patch of feeling really down on myself because I can’t do what I used to, but now I actually look forward to my runs again. It’s been a few years since I was this excited to run.

Thats great that you have a walking routine! I also have a very sniffy dog so I get it haha, he stops and has to check out eeeeeeverything.

I’ve found some 20 minute online yoga classes which are nice. They don’t feel like such a big commitment and are easier to squeeze in.

Sorry to hear you’re feeling blue! I was in a funk the last few weeks but my family went on a little camping trip and that was just a nice reset. I found that breaking up my routine just made me feel better and feel like my pre-COVID self a bit. Maybe a little day trip or some other way to break things up would help?
  • Options
    @autumn87654321 hahah I hear you on that wacko dogs. I was in a good routine of taking DD on a 1.5 mile walk, but my wacko dog needs exercise post seizures, so I feel bad not taking him. If I take him I can only go on half the loop because he tires quickly and ends up laying down on everyone’s shady lawn. That half loop takes me twice as long as the longer loop because of all the stops 🙄 and then I have an impatient toddler.

After the nausea and extreme exhaustion of the first tri I had gotten back on the Peleton, but I haven’t been on in over a month. Just became too worn out mentally and physically taking care of DD while working from home. I started using my breaks to read or just relax. DD is starting preschool tomorrow so I’m hoping to get back into a routine of Peleton and walking! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @laurenspdx I like the 20 minute videos. It’s hard to find a good YouTube one I like. I’ve found that I like most “ Yoga with Adrienne” videos they’re not too slow and not too hard for out of practice me. It’s weird cause she calls us “party people” and talks to her dog a lot but I can get over that. 

I’d love a relaxing camping trip! I’m so behind in all my studio (pottery) work though since all my shows got cancelled And the state of the world is bringing me down, I’ve really been slacking. But it’s a big part of my income so I’ve gotta work. I think working might actually help. If I can get myself to do it 

@bearmomma1 I had to look up what a peloton is but I want one!  Don’t have room or money for it but We get hideous winters here in Minnesota do something like this would be wonderful!  Maybe I can find a crappy stationary bike on Craigslist and a put it in the basement or something. 
  • Options
    Finally got back on the Peleton today! Only for a 20 minute ride, but gotta start somewhere. I definitely feel heavier on it and took it easy. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @bearmomma1 good job!  20 minutes is better than No minutes!   

I did a good long walk yesterday  and bought a yoga ball for some gentle ab work today but haven’t used it yet.  Today is a trying to work in my studio day instead of a workout day. 

And I got a package from my mom of a couple pregnancy yoga and fitness books from the 80’s.!  She used to be an aerobics instructor and teach pregnancy fitness.  
    I’ll post some photos when I get a chance. 
  • Options
    I have started doing prenatal yoga every night before bed and it's been great! I waited because last time I went to an in-person class and had a hard time motivating myself to do it at home, but I love it now! 

We also average 1-2 walks per day and 1 bike ride every day or two. It's been so nice to enjoy the weather and get out of the house. I don't look forward to winter.
  • Options
    @gingkomama do you have a website or youtube channel you use for prenatal yoga?  I went once a week during my last pregnancy and I really miss it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @karmba I have been looking up prenatal bedtime yoga on YouTube and just trying different ones! I have found several good ones that are between 15-20 minutes and I am actually loving doing 15 minutes per day rather than 60 minutes 1-2 times per week!
  • Options
    shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited August 2020
    so I have not been exercising regularly pretty much at all since end of April when I started feeling sick. Then when I started feeling better at 13/14 w I was put on modified bed rest. After 17w I was given the okay to exercise again and I’ve done some walking/swimming and have been moving around way more! But I’m feeling pretty flabby and gross, so I restarted some Alo moves exercises. They are very easy but were way harder to do since I’m so out of shape. Going to try to ease my way into a good daily routine again.

Also I received some hypno-birthing relaxation tracks from our doula to start listening to while in a meditative position before bedtime! I am not very good about a bedtime routine and we have a bad habit of watching tv until like 5 mins before we go to bed, so I need to start shaking things up.