December 2020 Moms
Options

Plus Size Check In :: 7/28/2020

FTM? Or STM+?

How are far along are you?

How are you feeling?

How are you feeling about body image?

GTKY: Who is your favorite author?

Anything concerns or anything else to add?

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Plus Size Check In :: 7/28/2020

• Options

FTM? Or STM+? FTM 

How are far along are you? 19w/2d

How are you feeling? I’m okay. Tired all the time.

How are you feeling about body image? Not terrible. I’ve started to show, finally, but no one that doesn’t know me can tell 🤣

GTKY: Who is your favorite author? Stephen King. I’ve been reading his books since I was about 12. Favorites are It and The Stand.

Anything concerns or anything else to add? I got a call yesterday that I’m being referred to a high risk office. So that appointment is next Thursday, and then I see the regular OBGYN the following day. 

• Options
    karmbakarmba member

@dreamscapes_ I went through a HUGE Stephen King phase when I was in middle school.  Now I can't remember the last time I read a book by him.

FTM? Or STM+? STM

How are far along are you? 18 weeks today

How are you feeling? Pretty good - I wish the temperature would cool down a bit though.  The heat is making it hard to sleep.

How are you feeling about body image? I got a yeast infection on my lower stomach where my stomach hangs over, that's been kind of a bummer as far as body image goes.  But I have a powder for it that seems to be working and one of my friends gave me a tip about using jojoba oil on that area and under my boobs post-shower, so I'll be trying that out after the infection clears up.

GTKY: Who is your favorite author? Currently - Ilona Andrews.  It's a husband/wife duo that write paranormal romance series and I love them.  

Anything concerns or anything else to add? Nope

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @karmba ugh, I hate those rashes. I get them under my boobs every so often, so I started putting a bit of unscented deodorant to help prevent sweat. It’s helpful, living in Florida. 
  • Options

FTM? Or STM+? STM

How are far along are you? 21 + 5

How are you feeling? Overall not bad 

How are you feeling about body image? I’ve finally rounded but I’m still super self conscious 

GTKY: Who is your favorite author? I’m gonna go with Eric Litwin because I read his Pete the Cat books to DS and my class all the time with his positive messages 

Anything concerns or anything else to add? Where is everyone getting decent priced and nice maternity clothes from? I used Pink Blush with DS and I’m reusing a bunch but I’ll need work clothes soon if we go back to school so I’m wondering if there’s any other sites. 

DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 Honestly, since I’m at the high end of plus (28/30), I’m sticking mainly to leggings from Torrid and a lot of babydoll/empire waist type tops or dresses. Thankfully, I don’t have to dress nicely for anything (still furloughed, but I wear a uniform at work anyway). I’d definitely take a look at Torrid, since even though they don’t have much that’s “technically” maternity, they have a lot of tops and dresses that might work for you with existing bottoms. I haven’t had much luck finding anything I want to spend the money on anywhere else yet. 
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I’ll have to look! It’s so hard to find normal plus size and then add maternity! It’s sad!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Oh so when I went to my last appt, the dr said I gained 9lbs in the month. I honestly think it may be a little off but I’m so worried because I’m watching what I’m eating and staying in my sugar limits so if I did, how can it be so much in a month when I’ve gained nothing the first 21 weeks?
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @jbal918 maybe baby had a growth spurt? Scales can also be off, too. I had my first MFM appointment yesterday and then the regular OBGYN today, and it was a difference of 4lbs in less than 24 hours. I mentioned that to them since it didn’t seem accurate. 
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I hope so! My doctor mentioned none of that and just said you gained too much. He’s been much different this pregnancy and it’s too late to switch but I will after baby girl. 
    DS born 2016