Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Tuesday 7.28

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TWW Tuesday 7.28

• Options
    inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
    edited July 2020

Month/Cycle: 37/26

CD/DPO: 33/13

Timing: -4, -3, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: BFN again

R/R: I'm mad and frustrated this morning. I had a dream AGAIN last night that I had a positive test. It sucks that I have to dream this shit for it to be something I see. Vented briefly to DH and he did ask about getting the 2nd opinion. Frankly I'd be for it just to see what they think. DH knows someone who went through it all too and their 2nd was conceived naturally so... There's some hope. I just hate feeling like life is wasting away. It's stupid that I'm young yet my mind is screaming that I don't have much time left to have kids. Maybe that's just how my brain talks being at this for 3 years.

ETA: forgot to add that I went on a Googling spree of "first BFP at 13dpo" and read a bunch of stories of not getting BFPs until AF was daga late and not I'm holding on to that stupid hope. Ugh. I'm really bumming myself out this morning.

CS/Q: I didn't like the larger drop I got when I temped this morning so I redid it right away and got a smaller drop 😆 so that's what's in my chart. We'll see what tomorrow brings

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member

@inthewoods23 ugh I’m so so sorry. I think getting a second opinion makes total sense. I know what you mean about feeling like time is working against you. I also think the pandemic is messing with my mind too even if it’s subconsciously. Sending ❤️ your way 

Month/Cycle: 20/22 including 2 benched 

CD/DPO: 23/9

Timing: -2, O x2, +1

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: I have some tests coming tomorrow so who knows after that 

R/R: I slept in today and it felt so good. I didn’t sleep well and felt like garbage when I woke up so I was like eh I’m sleeping more and it was such a good decision. I have calls at 9 and 10 so time to go make myself a human. I had a productive day yesterday and hoping for the same today! This is the point in the TWW where I always start getting hopeful, but this time I’m also sad because I know the letdown is most likely coming. Ugh. At least the silver lining to being so busy at work is that it’s easy to take my mind off of TTC. 

CS/Q:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 ugh! I’m sorry your mind is playing tricks on you. I had BFP dreams last cycle. It’s a total mind f*ck. ❤️ A second opinion may bring some peace right now. I don’t know how old you are but there is time. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 22/3

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O

Typical LP length: 10-13

Testing: 8/3

R/R: The adjacent county is starting school virtually! We were basically told our county would follow suit as there is a lot of cross travel in both directions to and from that county. I REALLY hope we are told soon because it has been stressful thinking about next year. Today is reorganize/redecorate day! Can’t wait to make my house look nice!

CS/Q: cross hairs this morning despite my weird temp yesterday. 

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @bows22 @chindimples04 I've even been having thoughts that maybe we can get away with IUIs if we figure out why my body doesn't seem to let anything implant. DH's sperm isn't the best, but it's within normal (besides the low morphology) so maybe embryo transfers are overkill? I do think it would benefit us to at least get a consult with someone and maybe even redo all my baseline bloodwork. It just seems like we need the right conditions to make it work but there's very little room for error.

@bows22 I love extra sleep! It's been nice WFH in that I wake up 30-45 minutes later than I did when going into the office.

@chindimples04 we haven't heard from our district either! DH and I are not teachers but we mentor the robotics program at the high school and DH has heard no concrete plans from the administration. There's only so much time left to figure that out!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 sorry about the BFN and the dreams. I'm totally feeling you about time wasting away, it sucks. I think it's definitely worth getting a second opinion. A friend of mine was told she'd never conceive naturally and went through a few rounds of IVF for her first, and then had an surprise 2nd pregnancy at 4 months PP that was completely uneventful, so it does happen.

@bows22 the hope/sadness is so hard! Hope you have a busy day today so you're not thinking about it! And yay for sleeping in, I am now waking up like 2 hours past my normal time and is going to be hard to go back! 

@chindimples04 wow about starting back virtually! Hopefully your district makes the call soon so planning can start. I kind of wish it was October already so all this uncertainty would be a bit more settled- on top of TTC uncertainty it's too much!

Month/Cycle: 15/13

CD/DPO: 26/13

Timing: good

Typical LP length: 11-14

Testing: BFN this morning

R/R: bummed today- I really felt good about this cycle! No sign of AF yet but I have a beach day planned tomorrow so I'm sure she'll show up then. I'm probably going to post and ghost today bc I'm getting my first haircut since January (YAAY)!! I just got bangs last fall and didn't touch them during this whole time so I am so excited to get them cut again lol. I'm also going to get fitted for new running shoes and inserts, which is a rant/rave together. I've been holding off on spending the money and getting them for about a year (my feet change significantly through pregnancy, so haven't wanted to get custom inserts that won't last more than a month or two). At this point I desperately need new shoes and after today's BFN I'm just buying the damn shoes bc I've held off long enough 😭 I've spent the last year+ making plans around potentially being KU and this week I'm starting to make plans like I'm NOT going to be KU, which is a big mind shift and kind of depressing. 

CS/Q: temp still high today but with this mornings BFN I'm definitely out

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @chindimples04 I hope you get an answer soon! Being in limbo would be so annoying!

@_orchid_ I’m sorry for the BFN! I hope you only get to wear your new shoes for 1 month 🙂
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 sorry for the BFN, I totally get how you feel. A second opinion can't hurt- honestly I am someone who likes to feel like I'm doing "something," so maybe pursuing that will give you a sense of purpose/progress at least.

@bows22 glad you got to sleep in! I agree with others that that's been a great part of WFH, I love being able to sleep basically as late as my body lets me (which is like 8:30, so not ridiculous but definitely later than I can get up when I have to go into the office).

@chindimples04 hoping you get an announcement soon! My local school district just announced yesterday that they are doing the first nine weeks all virtual, I'm so relieved.

@_orchid_ ugh, I totally feel you about struggling with how much to "plan" on getting pregnant. I'm dealing with that very question when it comes to my hair currently- I have high maintenance color that requires touch-ups every four weeks, and my plan was always to transition to something less intense when I got pregnant because I doubt I'll want to keep up with that schedule with a newborn. Then quarantine happened and I haven't gotten my hair done in about five months, so now I'm not sure whether (once I do start getting it done again) I should start transitioning to the lower maintenance color now in the hopes I'll be pregnant soon and it won't be worth the hassle to get back to my old color, or if I should go back to my (much preferred) high maintenance color so I don't feel depressed every month that I'm both not pregnant and also have hair that I don't like as much. Such a dumb little thing, but it's that kind of stuff that makes TTC frustrating sometimes!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 29/9

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -2, -1, 0, 1

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: Tested this morning, predictable BFN.

R/R: This is the part of the cycle where I irrationally start to feel out even though I know it's waaaay too early to truly count myself out. I think it's because I always have this sense that something would "feel" more different if I actually was pregnant, which I know is totally untrue. But once I start testing and getting BFNs I always find my mindset starts to shift, even if I know I'm testing too early.

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @the_most_happy I always think the same that something should feel different. And honestly I don’t even feel the same from one TWW to the next so I don’t even know what I think I should feel. I’ve had TWWs where I’ve had every symptom, no symptoms, and everything in between so I don’t know what I’m expecting haha. Good luck tomorrow if you test again!