Options

Week 2 (11/8-11/14) Check In - Week of 7/27

Estimated due date (EDD): 

Week of pregnancy: 

Baby is the size of:

Upcoming Appointments: 

Rant/Rave: 

Questions? 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?

Re: Week 2 (11/8-11/14) Check In - Week of 7/27

• Options
    mtenglmtengl member
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/12

Week of pregnancy: Week 24 + 4 days

Baby is the size of: Cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: 7/30 - GTT test and MD visit

Rant/Rave: Exhausted, DD is going through 18mo sleep regression and I am so done with her being in my bed. She just won't sleep. Also I have had no break with daycare being closed and working and keeping the house going. I baked my feelings on Saturday and made 3 different desserts.

Questions? 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? I would be a dork and pay off all my debt, especially my student loans. I just want it all gone!
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    I've been a bit MIA, sorry. I keep having trouble with the app and I think I've just been avoiding (PGAL worries). I'm going to try to catch-up this week with different threads.

Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 12th

Week of pregnancy:  24 weeks

Baby is the size of: cantaloupe

Upcoming Appointments: Tuesday at 9:00 am. I had to cancel my last appointment (July 9th) because I had a possible COVID-19 exposure. Test on July 11th still isn't back but people possible exposure was through tested negative and none of us have had symptoms so my midwife is letting me come in. 

Rant/Rave:
    Rant: Contractions continue, it's been 5 1/2 weeks! I'm miserable and that's why I've kinda been avoiding TB. I feel like I'm 35 weeks pregnant.  
    Rave: my husband is amazing. It's been really difficult and so much is falling on him now. I couldn't do this without him. 

Questions? 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? After taking care of all the responsible things like debt, I'd buy a hot tub! So nice to be able to set it warm that I could relax in like a bath and the kids could swim around in it all year long.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kelk5 good to hear from you again! I noticed you were missing and was wondering how you were doing😊 im sorry about the contractions. That can't be any fun!
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 12

Week of pregnancy: 24

Baby is the size of: cantaloupe 

Upcoming Appointments: 9/7

Rant/Rave: Just trying to make it through my last two weeks of work without getting sick, lol! Right now we only have 5 classrooms open (out of 12) because all the others are closed down due to positive cases. Luckily I tested negative and so did DD and MIL so I was good to go back. I’m trying to get all of my stuff cleaned out of my classroom because at any moment I could end up quarantined again. 

Questions? 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? I’d probably renovate my house! Or maybe just build a new one on a nice chunk of land. 
  • Options
    Welcome back, @kelk5! I’ve been struggling to keep up with the app too but more so because I’ve been avoiding technology and spending time outside. Zoom burnout is real. 

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/11

Week of pregnancy: 24+5

Baby is the size of: GI Joe

Upcoming Appointments: 8/21 for 28 week midwife visit then 8/28 for a f/u u/s to make sure my placenta is migrating upwards away from my cervix. 

Rant/Rave: Rant - I had no morning sickness during the first trimester and yet nowadays, if I take my vitamins (prenatal, super B complex, fish oil) before eating in the morning, I vom anything in my stomach within an hour. It happened this morning. So unpleasant and such a waste of good cherries and boiled eggs! 😂 

Questions?: What are you guys doing about birthing classes? FTM and trying to decide if paying for something virtually is worth it...

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?: @mtengl Not dorky at all! I would totally pay off all of our student loan debt! And buy our new house outright! Then I’d finally purchase home gym equipment - it’s sold out everywhere and it’s killing us. 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • Options
    Estimated due date (EDD): 11/9 or 11/13

Week of pregnancy: 25+1

Baby is the size of: a head of cauliflower. The daily fact yesterday was a size 6 woman's shoe...but then it also said that baby is 13.5 inches long. I've never seen such a huge size 6 woman's shoe🤣🤣🤣

Upcoming Appointments: midwife appt 8/5

Rant/Rave: rave: we are almost done painting our apartment and I am so ready to put our house back together! Working on painting the bedroom now so currently sleeping in the livingroom🙄 
    Rave/rant: feeling baby girl all the time now, especially in the morning and evenings. She is such a stinker though! She will literally be rolling and I'll be feeling her in like 3 different places and as soon as DH tries to feel her move, she stops and doesn't do ANYTHING!!! we thought maybe it's because we would stop talking or I would move but nope, I'll continue doing exactly what I was doing/saying and nonchalantly move his hand to wear she's kicking and she stops immediately🙄 he does feel her sometimes but he has to keep his hand there for long enough😅

Questions? When should I start counting baby kicks?

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? I would build my dream house on some property that has some woods and maybe a creek.

@lovelee3 throwing up good food l that I had just eaten is/was the worst! I cried sometimes because of that and sometimes I would wait to eat if I thought I was going to throw up and then eat after😛 have you tried taking your vitamins right before bed? I think back in the 1st trimester there was a conversation about that and it worked better for some folks. Another tip that came to mind, when taking vitamins I'll sometime swallow air bevause i hate tasting them so i try to do it fast. having a trapped burp that won't come out is 100% still a reason I'll throw up. I've had to train myself to eat/drink slow and drink carbonated drinks with meals so the burps will come up alone. I'm just like a baby, having to burp or I barf🤣
  • Options
    @kelk5 Welcome back!

@babywiik When I try to get MH to feel baby kicks the SAME THING happens! They’ll be moving around like crazy. As soon as I get his hand to the right spot: nada. I have found that sometimes by lying on my side on the couch after dinner with my belly against his leg, he can feel movement. A very specific position, but it seems to work for us.

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/8

Week of pregnancy: 25!

Baby is the size of: A brick? A head of cauliflower?

Upcoming Appointments: Next month’s meeting with the midwife where she’ll check my glucose tolerance and iron levels.

Rant/Rave: rave- We’ve been working so much on the house and yard lately and things are looking so beautiful! When we bought this house it was a mess - full of stuff the previous tenant left, holes in the walls, smelly, and dark. The yard was pretty wild , but you could tell that someone put some thought and work into the landscaping decades ago. We initially did a lot of work on the house just to be able to live comfortably, and then focused our energies on finding some order in the disorder outside. We’re refinishing the floor of what will be the baby’s room and it’s going to look completely different: brighter and lighter and more ours. 🥰

Questions? None today. 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? My first thought when I read this was, “I’d pay off my mortgage.” I guess I’m not the only one! 😝 My first fun purchase might be a plot of land to put some grazing animals on... or a structure to function as a barn/home gym.
  • Options
    mtenglmtengl member
    @lovelee3 My hospital actually is offering virtual free birth classes, so maybe check in with that? 

@kelk5 I am sorry about the contractions already, in my last group with DD one mother dealt with contractions early on and was on bedrest for the last half of pregnant (she actually made it to her due date too), it definitely isn't easy but I am glad your husband is helping out.

Also the App kind of sucks... I usually only sign on now when I am on the computer. 
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @lovelee3 I think a birthing class is worth it. Things can happen so quickly that it's best if you and your support person know ahead of time different options. In the moment it's so hard to ask questions. We did a birthing class, breastfeeding, and infant CPR through our hospital. If you can't find a free online one and they are expensive then I'd at least do infant CPR (there are YouTube videos of infant CPR- I think from the American Heart Association).  I have the Mayo clinic's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy and love this book. They have great chapters on labor and you can look up different terms.

@mtengl that's reassuring she made it full-term even though it sucks. I remember reading some women experienced that during my last pregnancy because I had the same thing at 34 weeks but made it to 37.5.
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    Estimated due date (EDD): Nov 10-14

Week of pregnancy: 24 + 3ish

Baby is the size of: A cantaloupe 

Upcoming Appointments: August 11th

Rant/Rave: Rant: This morning DH went to grab some bread from the freezer... and it was soft! Turned out our freezer stopped working sometime in the last couple days!!!!  We had an old one, so had to plug that in, move all our food... and now are in the process of calling around to see how much it will cost to fix, which seems to be almost the cost of a new one!!!!  PLUS our washing machine is acting up and we were just starting to look at new ones... this is going to be an expensive week... sigh
    Rave: This weekend we went to visit some family (an 8 hour drive away... I'm sooooo sore today) and my cousins and sister in law gave us soooooooo much baby stuff!!! It's almost a little overwhelming! We filled up DH's truck with everything and have boxes all over the place. I don't think we'll need to buy clothes until baby is 2! lol  Plus we got 2 high chairs, a fancy breast pump, baby carrier, snowsuits, shoes, toys, a playpen... I could go on! It was amazing. 

Questions? Nothing this week 

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?  Build a new home on our acreage and then travel somewhere when COVID slows down!   Maybe do like a big family trip with everyone somewhere.. that would be awesome. 

@kelk5 I was thinking about you last week and hoping everything was going ok. Saw on the MFM post that your appointment today went well, so glad to hear that! PGAL worries are hard enough without having to deal with contractions and everything else  

@babywiik My feet are size 6 so I just had to measure... nowhere close to 13.5"!!!!

@csardaszz Same here!  DH has only felt baby kick once, and that was a couple weeks ago. I don't know if baby is shy or what, but every time DH puts his hand on my belly he won't move!  And DH 
  • Options
    mtenglmtengl member
    @kelk5  @lovelee3  I also agree that the Mayo Clinics Guide to a healthy pregnancy is a great resource. It is medical based and gives information on each part of the pregnancy. Reading the section on the different stages of birth really gave me a good idea of what to expect. 
  • Options
    @babywiik thanks for the advice! I remember reading that suggestion too. It’s only happened twice in the second semester where I threw up after my vitamins. It’s only when I take them before eating something. I know better, but I just got in a hurry I guess 😆 She’s already training me to be on her schedule. 

@mtengl and @kelk5 I’ll look into free classes through my hospital! They typically have a “centering” group pre-COVID times which would have linked me up with other moms due around the same time but of course that’s cancelled 😒 maybe they are doing something virtually. I know I probably seem like a slacker for just now getting around to this! Whoops! 
    I’m currently reading (slowly) Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: the complete guide and then gonna read the Birth Partner. Idk if I can’t fit in another book before she comes! Also, thanks to my job, I’m CPR certified for infants already, but I definitely should look into it for DH.

@mia80 I’m sorry about everything going out at once! When it rains it pours...but on a positive note, at least you’ll have new and working things before baby comes! 
  • Options
    mia80mia80 member
    After saying yesterday that DH never feels baby kick, last night little Nugget was doing gymnastics in my belly and DH got to feel at least a dozen kicks!  Mind you he said it just felt like a muscle spasm and he didn't seem as excited as I thought he should be!!

@lovelee3 It's always everything at once!  We knew the washing machine was on it's last leg for a while, but now we're getting an error code almost every second load!  And last week DH had to bring his truck into the shop to get his U Joint (?) fixed.  At least yesterday we found someone to look at the freezer and looks like it won't be as expensive as we first thought... but still ugghhhh! 
  • Options
    potofgoldenpotofgolden member
    edited July 2020

Estimated due date (EDD): 11/12

Week of pregnancy: 25 weeks today 🤰🏼

Baby is the size of: cauliflower 

Upcoming Appointments: August 24th for my regular check in and glucose

Rant/Rave: I asked my doctor when I need to stop traveling... she said now 😩 because of Covid. But everywhere I’ve been and plan on going has been secluded, so I’m just going to follow my own advice. We have plans to go to Texas Wine Country next weekend. Yay, I’m going to enjoy 1 glass of wine. 
    She said under normal circumstances it’s usually no traveling 6 weeks out.

Questions? My hospital offers a sibling class, would it be worth it with a 17 month old? (If it doesn’t get cancelled)

GTKY: If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase? Pay off high interest loans.  Build my dream home, a barndominium. Invest the rest of I had any leftover.

Classes: ** I created a classes thread
    My best advice I got when pregnant with DD was to take a breastfeeding class. I had planned to take the childbirth and CPR, but BF was not on my radar. I just thought it was common sense... hahah dumb. It was super informative and I don’t think I could have done it on my own. I also wish I would have done the caring for a newborn one.

My OB told me they planned on starting up the classes again next week, but with this new breakout it’s been pushed back again. For now they are giving videos and some free resources. When I get my hands on them and if they are in a shareable format, I’ll share them. 

For the most part, most of the classes I went to when pregnant with DD were videos with an instructor that did some hands on training and was there for questions. So I think the digital training will be suitable. 
  • Options
    @mia80 how frustrating about the washer. New ones will be on the radar for DH and I probably soon simply because we still have hand me downs from my dad. Well at least the freezer repair won’t be as expensive!!! That’s a major plus! 

@potofgolden thanks for making that thread!!! I just signed up for a free antenatal BF workshop through The Positive Birth Company. They are offering a postpartum/newborn BF course after too!