December 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY: dream vacation location

If you could go on an all expense paid vacation anywhere in the world where would you go?
BabyFruit Ticker
older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 

Re: GTKY: dream vacation location

• Options
    Either Alaska or Italy!  
  • Options
    Disney world. Again.  :D 
    But like fancy this time, lol!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @the_road_to_oz. We were talking about that tonight.  My mom said she only wanted two kids, so she could afford to take her kids to Disney.  My grandmother ended up taking all the grandkids every 4 years for close to 20 years.  We haven't been in a while with my grandfather's illness.  My mom can't wait for this baby to be old enough to go!  
  • Options
    If anyone needs any help planning a Disney World trip, let me know 🤣 I work there. 

I’d love to go back to Alaska, but there are other places I want to see. I was supposed to go to Germany in high school on an exchange trip, but it didn’t work out. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    karmbakarmba member
    The Maldives to stay in an over the water bungalow for a few weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    Sounds crazy but I would love to go to Antarctica! It’s really just one place that’s just so hard to get to without a ton of money that I’d probably never get there otherwise 😂
  • Options
    hham10hham10 member
    Bora Bora at an overwater Bungalow. We had this trip along with Moorea booked and paid for and ready to go for our 10 year anniversary in March and it was cancelled due to COVID a week before. And then I got pregnant with baby 4...so who knows when we’ll get to go 😞
  • Options
    Total European food tour! My family is mostly from the border of Germany and France so I would start there, my Husband's family is from Calabria so we would end there! I just want to eat my way through Europe  :D
  • Options
    With the kids: Definitely Disney/Florida beaches. We went last year, and I couldn’t imagine a better vacation for the family! We spent a week at DH’s aunt’s house in palm beach gardens and then spent 3 days at Disney. We were all sad to come home!

With just my DH: I would love to do a European tour and see all the art/museums/architecture that we could soak up, and if we could stick on a few days at a beautiful remote beach somewhere, that would be about perfect! 
  • Options
    Southern Italy! I went on a cruise with my family through Italy and Spain, and we only had one day to see Positano and Sorrento, both of which I loved and I would love to go back there again with my H and stay on the Almafi Coast. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    My dad has decided to start spending half the year every year in this tiny little  island in Thailand. My husband and I got to visit this winter and it was amazing.  
    There are 0 cars because the little roads are too small so everyone rides a little motor Bike. It takes 10 minutes to get from one side of the island to the other and it’s like riding through the countryside, all the resorts are just groups of private bungalows on the beach.  
    I’d like to go back there.   All the time.  Not work and just live there 
  • Options
    jchpgjchpg member
    I second Bora Bora or the Maldives, basically anywhere I can be in an overwater bungalow! 

@willashbaby I was living northern Switzerland for the last few years. We took weekend/ day trips to the Alsace region a lot and would cross the boarder just to grocery shop in Germany and France, the food is AMAZING. DDs first time at a restaurant was around 4 weeks old in Alsace. I really miss it. I hope you can go someday! 
  • Options
    shelmcclelshelmcclel member
    edited July 2020
    Just throwing it out there as another remote & fancy island destination  - the Seychelles would be amazing! We also had planned to go to Ecuador, Peru & the Galapagos on a 3-week trip pre-baby, but it never happened for one reason or another and so now I don’t know when we’ll do it!

@laurenspdx Antarctica is on our list too, but I’m terrified of going through Drake’s Passage!
  • Options
    I’d probably choose Bali, no kids 😂
  • Options
    @jchpg Alsace is where we're from! One day we will go! I actually have a lot of family there that I've never met. My great grandmother was pregnant with my grandmother when they came here. All of her siblings were born in Germany and actually went back to live there when they were adults. Only my grandmother stayed in the US.
  • Options
    Iceland to see the northern lights and go to the hot springs
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Options
    @shelmcclel Galapagos would be amazing too! That’s on my list too 😊
  • Options
    I'd choose South Africa. We seriously considered honeymooning there.
  • Options
    Man, this is such a tough question.  I'd love to see all 7 continents at some point in my life, but if someone else is footing the bill, I'd go to New Zealand and mix it up between hiking and luxury accommodations.  Going on safari on Tanzania is a very close second.