March 2021 Moms

Tips to manage anxiety/stress

edited July 2020 in March 2021 Moms
Whether or not you've experienced a loss I think early pregnancy can be pretty stressful, not to mention going through this during a pandemic ๐Ÿ™„. I would love to hear whatย strategies, activities, and or practices everyone is using to manage stress and anxiety!

Re: Tips to manage anxiety/stress

• I'm still working out the way I was before, just keeping an extra close eye on my heart rate so it doesn't get too high. Working out definitely helps me manage my stress - I'm extra thankful to have a full gym setup in my basement.ย  I've also been taking my dog for more walks so I can get outside more.ย  It's been really hot but getting out and taking deep breaths during my walks have been like mediation for me.ย  I did this every day during my TWW - my dog wasn't happy to be going on so many walks in 90+ heat lol
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • I am a big advocate for mindfulness and journaling I wake up in the morning and usually do a meditation or some form of grounding exercise so that I can start my day. I also love the app headspace! I also love ending my day with so gratitude exercise or something like that.ย 

Becca and DH-David-Parents to:ย Caleb-5/19/15,ย Elijah-4/3/2017,ย and Ilana-2/22/2019

Twins! #4 and #5 Due: 03/14/2021

• Loading the player...
  • jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited July 2020
    As you can probably guess from my SN/picture I have a Peloton. So I have continued to ride at least 20-30 minutes a day so far. I really hope to ride throughout my entire pregnancy. I feel so much better mentally when I am working out regularly. I also try to spend some time outside each day which can be hard to do here in TX because itโ€™s boiling!! The sun always improves my mood though.ย