Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
FTM/STM/STM+:
Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to?

Re: Weekly Check-in *** Week of 7/20

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/30 (12+1)
    FTM/STM/STM+: third time
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: likely Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: plum

Upcoming appointments: Friday!

How are you feeling?: Still nauseous, still tired

Rants/Raves: I'm mad that everyone at work is irritating me and creating extra work for me to handle, just because I'm good at things doesn't mean you can dump everything on me. I'm excited that I don't have my annual review with my boss for a few more weeks and I'm working remote so I don't have to tell him I'm pregnant yet

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to?
    DH and I went to Arizona right before covid shut everything down. We went for a curling tournament, saw some spring baseball, visited his cousin, then spent the rest of the week in the mountains. It was our first trip without kids since having kids and it was sooooooooo relaxing 
    We would still really love to visit Olympic National Park.
  • briemobriemo member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a lemon, as tall as a tube of lipstick!

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday

How are you feeling? Had a headache all day, still a little tired but I can feel myself getting my energy back!

Rants/Raves: Excited for our planned babymoon in San Diego right on the beach in a few weeks!

Questions: none

GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? 
    I’ve been to Europe a few times, Ireland, Germany & Paris all so beautiful! 
    But I’d say Hawaii because I’ve never been that tan or relaxed ❤️
    Hubby and I have the northern lights on our bucket list! 

@jumpy57  glad you loved AZ! I’m originally from Tampa but we’ve settled here for DH job!
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12+4
    FTM/STM/STM+: #5
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: toy soldier
    Upcoming appointments: July 29
    How are you feeling?: The nausea has subsided, but I still feel pretty exhausted. Some days are worse than other. Also, I feel like my boobs have somehow gotten more sore?
    Rants/Raves: Had my NIPT blood draw on Friday, and now I’m just anxiously awaiting the results. 
    Questions: How long did it take to get your NIPT results back?
    I lived in Costa Rica for a study abroad, and then a few years later traveled all around Europe for 2 months, both of those were my favorites because I got to spend so long in those places. 
    Since being married, DH have also done some kid-less beach vacations in Hawaii and Cancun that were incredible. 

@oaktree6 I haven’t had that experience yet, but I’m sending you all the positive vibes!
    @briemo San Diego sounds awesome! And we have the northern lights on our bucket list too. 
    @jumpy57 That sounds like an awesome time in Arizona! Non kid vacations are so relaxing. 
    1st BFP 6/7/10 premature delivery and loss at 22w2d on 10/4/10
    2nd BFP 10/10/11, EDD 6/2/12,natural m/c 10/13/11 at 6w5d
    3rd BFP 12/25/11, DD born 8/31/12
    4th BFP 1/3/14, DD born 9/5/14
    5th BFP 11/15, DS born 7/24/16
    6th BFP 7/14/16, EDD 3/20/18

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16 weeks 1/4

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Blue

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby is the size of an avocado 

Upcoming appointments: next week 

How are you feeling?: some moments I don’t feel pregnant at all. Others I’m back to dry heaving. Ugh and sciatica started. So I guess I need to up my chiro appointments and pull out my ball. 

Rants/Raves: besides the above...now starts the name process. This is so hard. My second was four days old before she had a name eek. 

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? Hmm that’s tough. I loved Rome and southern Italy but I think my favorite was my HM in Playa Del Carmen we just had such a wonderful time. 

It’s hard to pick one destination. I really want to go to Bora Bora with my husband. I want to take my kids (well all of us obviously) on a National Park tour. 

BFP #1 November 28, 2013 E Born August 3, 2014
  • I have no advice @oaktree6, I never did a NT scan with my pregnancies. But sending you all the good vibes. 

• amm126amm126 member

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Jan 28th/12 weeks 5 days
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: ripe apricot
    Upcoming appointments: August 14th
    How are you feeling?: Pretty good, mainly fatigued. I'm sleeping better this week.
    Rants/Raves: my mom and sister keep harassing me about not wanting to find out the gender this time. It makes it hard to be around them or enjoy this when I constantly have to defend my decisions for my pregnancy
    Questions:
    GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? Hawaii and North Carolina (I love the beach) I would like to go to the northeast coast at some point because I have never been out that way before. 
  • Thinking of you, @oaktree6
    My NIPT was 10 days from the day it was drawn @savykay

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/20, 13+6

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team BLUE

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A lemon

Upcoming appointments: MFM 8/10, and OB 8/13

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Fatigue is my biggest complaint. 

Rants/Raves: We picked a name! First name at least. This one will be Jace. 

Questions: Has anyone weaned a stubborn toddler? Weaning my 14 month old is not going well 😬

GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? My favorite was actually Italy. Its stunning and everything about it is so unique and incredible. Neither DH or I have been to Hawaii, its on our list. It looks so beautiful and Poki on the beach sounds like heaven. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13 weeks

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon

Upcoming appointments: OB 8/12 and I have bloodwork again. 

How are you feeling?: getting better. Nausea has subsided but I’m still pretty tired. 

Rants/Raves: Rave! DH and I decided to sell our cabin. We put it on the market on Thursday and had a full price offer on Saturday. 

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? 7 years ago DH and I did a long vacation: San Francisco, Napa, Yosemite, King’s Canyon, and then Vegas. It was so diverse and just awesome. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/5; 16w
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a dill pickle
    How are you feeling?:  Is anyone else feeling more hormonal during 2nd tri? The information was telling me that hormones decrease after the placenta is formed, so you technically shouldn't be feeling them as much, but I seem to be shorter temper these days. 
    Rants/Raves:  I was so great about exercising almost every day during 1st tri. These last two weeks have been really hit and miss and it's bothering me, as I feel better in my 2nd tri and should be exercising every day. It's bc I'm on a much earlier schedule working remote from the west coast still very much on east coast hours. And I've been used to working out in the morning--also, no one wants to go running in 90 degree heat in the late afternoon. The rave here is that my in laws--where I'm staying--have a pool! So many days my exercise has become swimming back and forth in the pool in the late afternoon 90 degree heat. +1 to that, amiright? 
    Questions:  This last week have felt a tightening of the uterus twice (only lasted about 10 sec each). Didn't feel painful or like cramps. Is this normal? STMs, what is this? Can't be BH contractions this early?? 
    GTKY: We love travel and DH's job took us abroad for a few years. So we're team international travel all the way. Northern to mid-Italy is our favorite place to travel (don't really care for Rome and further south). Specifically, my favorite city in the world is Florence--love the Renaissance art and history. The top destination at this point is Machu Picchu. But probably quite a ways off, as now we'd be looking to go when kiddo is old enough. More realistic future trip is going to Hawaii for the first time. 

jumpy57 the downside of being a productive employee. I feel you--the same thing happens to me. Also, I'm thrilled you mentioned Olympic National Park as your travel destination! As a PNW native, I can +1 that as a world-class destination. So much greenery. The nature will devour you--in a good way! No vampires or werewolves spotted on my last jaunt. ;)
    briemo yes to northern lights! would love to see those.
    oaktree6 oh no! I really hope you get some good news on NIPT. My doctor didn't recommend NT bc we just went straight to NIPT and she said it was much more accurate. 
    savykay good luck on NIPT! It took me 9 days to find out results. I had messaged my Dr. 1 week after, as she had said it would only take that long, then I got a response 2 days later (even though the results were dated 5 days earlier). So maybe messaging the Dr. as a reminder will help! 
    amm126 ah, that's too bad about the pressure to find out baby's sex. Stay strong team green!
    carleym93 congrats on picking a name! Jace sounds great! Sounds like you and I have similar travel aspirations.
  • @jumpy57 Grr that is annoying about work.
    @briemo I love San Diego!
    @oaktree6 I'm so sorry about the NT scan. I hope it turns out to be nothing, the waiting must be so tough!
    @savykay I got mine back quicker than I expected, I think it was a week or possibly a little shorter.
    @amm126 Ugh that's really annoying about your mom and sister! I hope they chill out!
    @carleym93 yay for picking a name!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:
    15 weeks 4 days/January 8
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Pink
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: avocado
    Upcoming appointments: August 4
    How are you feeling?: Headachy in the afternoons the past three days, have to pee a lot and starving. I love eating but the frequency that I have to eat to avoid being hangry in 30 minutes is not that fun! 
    Rants/Raves: Freaking out about our small outdoor wedding that we are planning for early October, in spoiler b/c it got a little long. 
    My mom is busy planning catering and getting tables so people can sit in small groups with people they've already been quarantined with, is planning to order face masks for everyone and those will be enforced...and I think people would be extra careful knowing I'm pregnant. So we're taking a lot of precautions but I'm still worried about the Covid risk, and that I'll just be nervous the entire time. There will be 22 people there total (including officiant and people serving food) and it's going to be very low key but I'm thinking of seeing if we can cut the group down even further and have more people join via Zoom. I think SO pretty much wants to cancel the whole thing and wait till there's a vaccine, after seeing me freak out last night. Ahhhhh. One good thing is that any changes we make would be pretty early in the planning, we really just started planning this last month so it wouldn't feel last minute to people if we figure it out soon. 
    Questions: not really but would welcome any thoughts on the above!
    GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? We went to Maui a few years ago for a friend's wedding and that was really fun. I also loved a three-week solo trip I took to LA a few years ago when I was thinking about moving there but had never been. It feels extremely indulgent now that I spent almost a month renting a car, going to yoga classes and exploring the city. We had been planning to go to Portugal and the Azores this summer so that's high on my list!
  • HappyFeet34HappyFeet34 member
    edited July 2020
    @carleym93 I night weaned my first at around 18 months, I was pregnant with my second and developed a nursing aversion at night. My husband helped a lot going in for the overnight “feed” and offering water so I didn’t have to. She self weaned at almost 21 months when I was 20 weeks pregnant and my milk dried up. My second self weaned at the same time but I wasn’t pregnant when she weaned so my milk must just go away at 21 months PP. 

• @whitealbum29 I think a small outdoor wedding sounds totally doable. Is everyone fairly local and not need to fly? Is your area a hot spot? Is it more if an afternoon wedding so people won't have to figure out if they want to stay in town for the night? You will figure it out ❤️ We had friends get married and we watched on Zoom! It was really fun to sit on the couch and watch. They were only allowed 10 people so it was immediate family
  • @lavenderclouds yes! I'm glad I have a good dream vacation picked out 😂 now we just need to figure out how to get there with kids and do things we want that kids can tag along with
  • @lavenderclouds was it across the entire uterus or on one side? If it felt like pulling or a Charlie horse it’s likely RLP, totally normal and worse in your first pregnancy because everything is stretching for the first time. It’s unlikely to be BH this early, especially for your first pregnancy. I felt them much sooner my second pregnancy but still not until closer to 19/20 weeks. 

• @oaktree6: I haven't experienced that, but I am sending you all the good NIPT vibes!

@savykay: It took almost 2 weeks for mine to come back.

@carleym93: This may not be helpful because I'm currently weaning my 25-month-old (it's been a months-long process); we are down to one session before bed and the occasional morning session. How often is she nursing? I talked to her and told her that mommy's milk was going away, so we wouldn't be able to nurse anymore at some point. That sort of planted the seed. I think at that age, distraction may help, or saying "Not right now. Let's go read a book!" (or whatever your child is interested in). If that doesn't work, try giving a limit for how long she can nurse for (my kid responds very well to timers; I've also heard about playing a song or reading a book while she's nursing, and when it's over, then it's time to stop nursing). Or offer a snack or some milk or water. I also try to give extra kisses, cuddles, and attention when we're not nursing. What have you tried so far?

@krisspy22: Congrats on selling your cabin!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/10; 15w1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An Eggo waffle

Upcoming appointments: Next Wednesday for 16-week appointment

How are you feeling?: Fine, but the heartburn and acid reflux come at night. I now keep Tums on the nightstand and have to stop eating around 9. 

Rants/Raves: Work has been a little slow lately and I've been able to clear some stuff out/organize a little. Not a ton, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something.

Questions:

GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? That's a really tough one! I like trips where I'm either exploring a city I've never been to (last year was Kansas City, MO; I've also enjoyed San Francisco) or all-inclusives/cruises. My goal is to visit every state, and I'd love to go to Hawaii and many places in Europe someday. Or visit the places where my family/my husband's family is from.
  • @jumpy57 Thank you! You're right, I think it would ultimately probably be fine. We're in the northeast where things are currently pretty stable, people would be coming from a few different places, as far away as Chicago (they would drive). I'm kind of most worried about some family members who I think have been a little more lax about things, and I also just think I would be worried the whole time and would ruin it for myself/others! I talked to my parents, they were super sweet about doing whatever I feel comfy with and we're having a family Zoom meeting this week to discuss. I definitely feel calmer and like we can figure something out!  <3
    @lavenderclouds I think swimming is one of the best exercises you can do! I feel like I read that somewhere...maybe other stuff will get easier as you adjust to the time difference a bit and when it cools off.
    @supersara2 - Kansas City is on my list too! I've heard really nice things about it. 
  • aels12aels12 member
    @oaktree6 I haven’t had an NT scan but thinking of you, fingers crossed it’s nothing!

@savykay my NIPT results took 6 days. I was surprised it was so quick!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 1/21/20 14 weeks
    FTM/STM/STM+: STM+
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: team pink!
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a peach
    Upcoming appointments: not until mid August
    How are you feeling?: still tired but nausea seems to have subsided 
    Rants/Raves:
    Questions:
    GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? We went to Switzerland/Greece/Italy in 2015 and it was amazing. I would love to go to Ireland and Germany someday. And back to Switzerland and Italy to explore even more areas! 
  • @oaktree6 thinking of you and wishing you peace  as you wait for the results! 

@savykay My NIPT took about a week.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 16 weeks
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: all sizes at this point seem the same to me. Avocado? Lemon? Peach? I wish they’d give me a size in inches or something.
    Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan in late August, telehealth check in in September.
    How are you feeling?: actually pretty good! 
    Rants/Raves: Work has been exhausting lately and I’m at the end of my rope. I’m taking next week off-ish (still working a bit at night) to try to recharge.
    Questions:
    GTKY: What was your favorite trip/vacation you ever took and what's one destination you really want to go to? My family and I did a road trip through England and it was awesome. Post-kiddo we took a trip to Hawaii and it was fantastic. It’s hard for us to take real vacations because all time off is spent visiting family, so that trip feel really special.