Infertility
Options

#1 ivf BFN ...is this it for me ?

anna1891anna1891 member
edited July 2020 in Infertility
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum .. I really wish I found it earlier ..

My story
Husband is a cancer survivor .. we decided to try for children soon as he was well enough .. sadly this meant I'm now 39 and he's 41 .. i have DOR ( that's what my ER says) and I'm a poor responder to ivf medication. I've had 2 failed iui.. just completed my first IVF .. I had 3 eggs which I was really grateful for 2 fertilized and they did a 2dt. I'm now at 13dp2dt.. I did a clear blue digital test and its BFN. I was so hopeful this cycle.. in very good spirits .. tried to everything I could... accupuncture .. healthy food etc .. had a lot of faith that God will give us this gift we've been through soo much and it's time we deserved some good news .. but NO . I'm a very positive person always get back on my feet .. but this time something is different I have no faith and no hope for the future .. I'm 13dp2dt and it's over for me .. not sure we can afford another IVF Cycle now. Has anyone been in a similar situation how do you get through this?

Re: #1 ivf BFN ...is this it for me ?

• Options
    mamasnekmamasnek member
    edited July 2020
    I’m on my first IUI cycle (check up today) and this is all so scary. I feel you. My doctor went over all the options and when she went into next steps and IVF, she said that most women take 3 to 5 cycles to be successful with IVF. Don’t give up yet.
  • Options
    Hey hope your appointment went well .. it is scary..and stressful... omg 3-5 cycles . There's no way we can do that it's like $15000 a cycle where I live.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It’s $15,000 here, too. The IUI is cheaper, but varies based on medications. We are about $4,000 in so far. The appointment was ok. Two more days of Menopur and another follow-up Friday. I was hoping to move on to the HCG, but not yet.
  • Options
    I got a lot of joy from the Low AMH level thread (https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12628300/low-amh-level#latest)

There's stories in there that begin similarly to yours and you may find some comfort and community in reading through those journeys. 
    36F, DH41
    TTC since 2014
    Unexplained infertility
    ER #1 Nov 2019, ER #2 Feb 2020, ER #3 July 2020
    3 normal embryos
  • Options
    Thanks I will post there