1st Trimester
Options

Lifting heavy @ 11 weeks

Hello everyone,

As if today I am 11 weeks pregnant! I’ve been feeling pretty good aside from some exhaustion and bad nausea. I also have been experiencing what I believe is the “round ligament pain”, especially after I am more active. 
Unfortunately for my work, I sometimes have to lift heavy objects like coolers full of stuff. They’re not unbearably heavy, but still a little  heavy.. Tonight after work my round ligament pain has acted up pretty good. 
Is it an older way of thinking, to not lift heavy objects while pregnant? Or is it something I should really be worried about and avoid as much as possible? I also know doctors say women are still able to work out and lift weights when pregnant so I don’t know what to think. 

Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated! 

Re: Lifting heavy @ 11 weeks

• Options
    cball19 said:
    Hello everyone,

As if today I am 11 weeks pregnant! I’ve been feeling pretty good aside from some exhaustion and bad nausea. I also have been experiencing what I believe is the “round ligament pain”, especially after I am more active. 
    Unfortunately for my work, I sometimes have to lift heavy objects like coolers full of stuff. They’re not unbearably heavy, but still a little  heavy.. Tonight after work my round ligament pain has acted up pretty good. 
    Is it an older way of thinking, to not lift heavy objects while pregnant? Or is it something I should really be worried about and avoid as much as possible? I also know doctors say women are still able to work out and lift weights when pregnant so I don’t know what to think. 

Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated! 
    You should ask your doctor. Generally if it’s something you’ve already been doing you are allowed to continue as long as you listen to your body. With that said, your job should be required to make accommodations if you need them.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I waited tables (carrying 8 tops worth of food - heavy trays, moving furniture around for various banquets,  etc) up until 8 months pregnant.  Doc said you were doing it before pregnancy, you can do it during, wont hurt baby or you.